February 2017 Moms

UO Thursday, 12/8

12346»

Re: UO Thursday, 12/8

• Loading the player...
  • @krob What the heck! You are seriously my twin. I had negative reactions to fish and shellfish from about 12 to 21! I randomly tried fish at 21 and it wasn't so bad, and my body slowly got used to it again. I can do shrimp, but have been afraid to try all other shellfish and have been meaning to see an allergist to confirm/deny a true allergy before trying. 
  • @krob that is so exciting!! Even if you don't start eating it regularly, that is one less thing you have to avoid if you aren't allergic!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • MLRocha said:
    Because, eating a steak cooked to well done is super sad.
    Ive basically stopped eating steak because this!
  • We went out for sushi before our hospital tour last night, no regrets. I did scale back what I would've normally ordered because even a bite of cucumber in anything and I'm spitting up in my napkin. But damn that was a good meal!
  • krob said:
    @Patience7150 you've got to be kidding!!!! what are the odds. 

For those keeping track we have same due date and our birthday's are one day apart. And now the shared "seafood" allergy. 
    You guys are like @kswiger06 and me! Our bdays and due dates are the same. And clearly our pleasant demeanors ;)
    I lol'd  :D:*
  • @kirstynikole I think your situation is something that people need to hear, it's nice when you hear the advantages that it provides to loving and hardworking families. It can be easy for people to disassociate when they don't hear any first hand experiences and are able to empathize with a situation. Well at least I hope they would!! I'm glad it's worked out for you and baby!! 
  • @kirstynikole big hugs and thanks for sharing your story! You are doing what's best for your family and have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.
  • madamerwinmadamerwin member
    edited December 2016
    @kirstynikole thatnk you for sharing your story!

@krob @Patience7150 and anyone else who has food allergies: It's not uncommon for them to change/go away over time, so it's definitely worth getting re-tested every 7-10 years to see if you're still allergic! I'm glad you can both eat fish now though, sushi is the best.

Speaking of sushi, H and I have already discussed how I would like sushi right after I deliver. Though a rare steak also sounds amazing.

I WISH we could have champagne or a nice IPA In the hospital, but our hospital does not allow alcohol. So it'll have to wait until we get home. (Note: You all who are planning on a celebratory drink in the hospital should check to make sure it's allowed; it didn't occur to me that it wouldn't be until the woman who was leading the hospital tour mentioned it.)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Spicyweiner well when I'm not in Yoga pants, I'm in leggings so..... haha
    Actual pants are for special occasions. 

• Yea....I am usually in velour pants or yoga pants these days.....I will pop on maternity jeans on occasion....but I am all about my comfort these days and sometimes pulling up even my maternity jeans is too much work. 
  • @kirstynikole, thank you for sharing.   Insurance honestly just sucks.   Not having it, having to find your own, etc is just awful.  I am sorry you had that experience with the nurse.  

Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wish I could live in my comfy clothes all the time, especially now that it's cold. But I can't wear yoga pants/sweats/pjs to work :(
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • becbec28 said:
    I wish I could live in my comfy clothes all the time, especially now that it's cold. But I can't wear yoga pants/sweats/pjs to work :(
    Same here! I've been sneaking leggings with boots and dresses/longer shirts and hoping nobody says anything lol