May 2017 Moms

Stupid Stuff People Have Said Now You Are Pregnant

Re: Stupid Stuff People Have Said Now You Are Pregnant

• Loading the player...
  • kns1988kns1988 member
    Wow, @sweaterboots, that one is weird and offensive. I hope you gave her the evil eye.
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• SKZWSKZW member
    @sweaterboots: All I can say is Wow. That is unbelievable. Some people!
  • kat81kat81 member
    BabyMC517 said:
    I had one of the higher ups at my college tell me yesterday not to have the baby while she's there (if I go into labor at work and apparently have him really fast) because she would have no idea what to do. Why would I want you to do anything? Call 911 if you all don't think I can make it to my hospital! She went into this long spiel about it too...I just stood there and was like well good thing there are phones around so we can call someone! 
    omg academics are so clueless, haha

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• kat81kat81 member
    I made a comment about baby's head being low enough for the doctor to feel it to a friend who I visited at her work when she asked about being dilated etc. Her coworker that I don't know and was not a part of the convo then asks:
    "How does it feel? Like, is it like wearing a tampon where you can kinda feel it up there?"
    I decided to be nice and just explain that it's more of a pressure thing not a head dangling between my legs thing, but seriously...weird.
    Omg can you imagine if it felt like a baby's head-sized tampon down there for like, weeks?
    Actually I feel like the coworker didn't say such a weird thing. Sometimes it really does feel like I put in a tampon wrong 'cause the baby is so damn low! At my appointment yesterday, the midwife was like, "wow, the baby is VERY low" and I was like, "I know." She was like, "that must be uncomfortable." Personally I think it's better than the constant rib jabbing.

• absbubbs said:
    So last week brother's GF/SIL (it's been 10 years, SIL is easier at this point) finally got her TDaP. Today she starts complaining that her whole body is sore and it feels like she's been hit by a truck. She hopes I'm happy she got that "stupid shot". Then I was super sore today, like every Tuesday I have my appointments, and baby was sticking its feet in my ribs while trying to escape out of the side of my belly. I'm trying to explain the feeling and she tells me she knows exactly how I feel. I said well not exactly, this is different. No, EXACTLY how I feel in the exact way because what I described is how she feels all the time after that "stupid shot". She has never had a kid, but please tell me how it feels to have a foot in the ribs while a head is trying to push its way south, moving in every direction.
    She sounds like a PEACH.
    What makes it worse is we are actually very good friends, but she's the one that also tells me that the stuff I picked for baby is wrong or not the best (because obviously I didn't research stuff to pick what I think will work best for us). Or wants me to buy big lots of clothing even though we are team green. She doesn't let me say no and doesn't let things go. Then complains nonstop for the last week about the TDaP expecting me to feel bad? NOPE. 
  • Now that I'm 39 weeks I've heard many things throughout pregnancy. At 18 weeks a friend of a friend told me "Wow you're belly is big for only being 18 weeks! Mine wasn't that big at this far along." Seriously?! At my husband's work holiday party in Feb I was about 27 weeks when his coworker said to me "oh you look so good! You haven't gained any weight in your face! Your pregnancy makes my daughter's size look huge!"  (her daughter is due around the same time). Who says that?? What does one even say in response  to that? Then there are the endless people who ask "so when are you guys planning on having another one?" Can we stay focused here and enjoy the one we are currently baking? Then of course there are endless unsolicited opinions...why I should or shouldn't do an epidural, why I should or shouldn't breastfeed, etc. I can only imagine the comments and opinions once my daughter has arrived! 
  • kat81kat81 member
    The latest -- "so when's your induction?" or, more often, "WHAT? And they didn't induce you yet?" (In response to finding out how far along I am.

• @kayemjay2 I'm not sure I understand where the comments are coming from?  Why do they care what you do before you go into labor?
  • Jens_Hoes said:
    @kayemjay2 I'm not sure I understand where the comments are coming from?  Why do they care what you do before you go into labor?
    I'm also not sure why they care, but they do. I think a lot of the older people think of pregnant women as being very fragile and they make me feel like I'm being irresponsible for continuing to work in my fragile state. Who knows. I think I've mentioned this before, but one older gentleman in particular keeps insisting to me that pregnant women are not allowed to go swimming. Old people have weird ideas sometimes. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• hp_momma said:
    @ShadeofGreen816 My MIL says the same thing about my DH born in '83! According to her he was almost 4 weeks late, but yet just 8lbs. Ummm ok lady. 
    Yeah MH was 7 and change,.... sure. Also supposedly spent some time in NICU but no one can tell me why or how long. I'm thinking he went to the nursery since last week she mentioned him being in her hospital room on night two... whatever!