May 2017 Moms
Options

Stupid Stuff People Have Said Now You Are Pregnant

Re: Stupid Stuff People Have Said Now You Are Pregnant

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kat81kat81 member
    I had a (male) coworker ask me yesterday if my doctor had started doing cervix checks yet. I'm not really sure that's anyone's business, but I really don't want to discuss my lady parts with my IT guy, thanks.
    I was thinking @hp_momma 's had to be the worst (how can you ask how much weight someone gained, esp someone you don't even know?!) but I think this one is even worse! I'd be horrified if anyone asked, but especially a MAN. That sounds downright intentionally creepy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Two more for the day, as I was leaving work. I passed by a coworker and said "hey, how are you doing?". She makes this overly dramatic cringing face and says "ehhhhh....at least I'm moving around better than you are!!!".

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    My mother today "where has your bust gone?"

I had no reply!
  • Options
    sarah0985 said:
    So I'm passing a woman and her kid, maybe three years old. I smile at the kid and just after I pass them I hear her say "big belly". I laughed. This is the only time in my life a comment like that wouldn't make me cry. 
    I work at a school with 3, 4, and 5 year olds. I am routinely told I'm big! They rub and hug and kiss on my belly and giggle that it's so big.  I think it's hilarious because like you said, only age it can come from where it doesn't make you cry. 
    That age is so cute.  My 4 year old niece said to me "Aunt ______, I know why your belly is so big!  There's a little girl in there!"  Hahah it was so cute and I guess it's a compliment that she doesn't think my belly is this big normally?  
  • Options
    starphish18, my MIL asked me how much I gained yesterday, too, and I answered. Then I decided if anyone else asks, it's none of their damn business. We get along and she wasn't being offensive, but it's still no one's business. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @kns1988 That was exactly my thought process! She definitely didn't mean anything negative in asking about my weight. She's just very talkative and interested in how I'm doing. But then I realized, like you said, none of her business!
  • Options
    @WombThereItIs that made me laugh
  • Options

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @BabyMC517, that was cute ... I think literally each of those phrases has been mentioned in this thread IRL at least once already  ;)
  • Options
    @skzw right? I thought it could at least give us a little laugh this morning. Her face is priceless with all of the comments! 

• Options
    hahah @starphish18 seriously wtf man. Lol

• Options
    Was told it was disgusting how I'm this pregnant and I don't have any fat on my body by a co-worker today.... 
  • Options
    Wth? @Yiggle09 a bit much don't ya think...geez why don't people think before the talk! Remember "You look AMAZING"!

• Options
    @Yiggle09 I don't know in any universe where "disgusting" is a compliment. Ugh people...