May 2017 Moms
Options

Stupid Stuff People Have Said Now You Are Pregnant

Re: Stupid Stuff People Have Said Now You Are Pregnant

• Options
    Yea, I don't get strangers asking when I'm due. I mean, if you're a stranger the only thing I want to hear out of your mouth is that I look fantastic!
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe yes ! Also i had a new xray student today and her first question was how many months then obnoxiously exclaimed how tiny I am for 8 months. I'm sorry your first question should be what's your name what can I do to help what type of pt's are coming down today etc. My internal self is getting very bitchy
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe my mom told me the other day that it looks like I'm carrying a basketball! I was like yep pretty much! Oh, and I almost picked your siggy challenge pic! I thought it was hilarious and I felt bad at the same time! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    @BabyMC517 I actually had yours saved to use! I like the bubblegum though because it seemed springy, haha
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @kayemjay2 WHAT?! sure go ahead and hang on another MONTH so you can have a July baby...smh.  
  • Options
    @kayemjay2 just cross your legs until the 4th of July and name the baby 'Murica!
    @WombThereItIs you got me cracking up over here  :D:D

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    Finally had one today! Wasn't all that bad but it's really uncommon for people to comment here so any comment was going to be put here :lol:

H needed a new pair of boots so we went out, while the salesman was helping him, I ran into a friend, we were talking about when LO is due and the salesmen just went "oh good, I didn't want to comment, you can never be sure, didn't want to risk offending you" 

I was just like "I swear, I'm not always this fat" 

we we had a little laugh and nothing else was said, I actually kind of enjoy that people are noticing, even a little, I've never had the random comments! Maybe I'll be able to get some good ones now! Everyone I run into that I haven't seen for awhile I still have to blatantly tell, I thought I looked at least a little pregnant, but apparently not :-/
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    I went to a work dinner at Mastro's the other night.  Our waiter was super weird. He asked me how far along I was and when I said 34 weeks, he stared at me blankly and said "How far is that??"  Uhhh... It's 34 weeks.  We ordered a seafood tower and some of the people wanted oysters. I commented that I had never tried them but wanted to and that I didn't think I should while pregnant.  So he brought me a mini oyster, gave me a long lecture about how to eat it, and then was shocked when I didn't want to eat raw shellfish during my pregnancy.  It was so weird.
    Ahahaa... some people...

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    ChristinaWildChristinaWild member
    edited April 2017
    @mrsrep123 Yes!! So much of this! I've given up and I just started saying "He'll be 2 at the end of July". 

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    hp_momma said:
    A complete stranger (a woman in her 50-60s) at Target today asked me how much weight I've gained during my pregnancy. WTF. Never ever ever ever is it appropriate to ask a woman how much weight she has gained...

Sitdqb

Good question! Why don't you go first?

Ugh.

• Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    I love that response!
  • Options
    hp_momma said:
    A complete stranger (a woman in her 50-60s) at Target today asked me how much weight I've gained during my pregnancy. WTF. Never ever ever ever is it appropriate to ask a woman how much weight she has gained... 
    What? No. Nononononononono.

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    @Yiggle09 yeah... I've never heard pop used in that way before either. And he gave you a disgusted look? Lol. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Oh yes, I've been told I look like I'm about to pop. @Yiggle09 you're carrying a bit like me and look like you're smuggling a ball, right? I think they all mean I look so overly inflated I can't possibly hold it any more. Ugh.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry