May 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms and Questions 12.5 - 12.11

Happy Monday! You know the drill ;)

Re: Randoms and Questions 12.5 - 12.11

• Options
    chickyclgchickyclg member
    edited December 2016
    Monday random, DS has an appointment with a new Speech Pathologist this morning and I'm just hoping she's not lazy.

Pregnacy related, this kid was a night owl last night, the movements were definitely feeling more consistent.

Other pregnancy random, my insurance decided to not cover my Makena injections so now I've got to figure out plan B.

ETA. Hit send too soon.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Anyone get spider veins on their ribs during pregnancy? I just started noticing them about a week ago. It's a small "patch" on both sides of my ribcage of really tiny, dark veins. I'm not sure if this is a normal pregnancy thing? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was told by my gyno office after the NT scan blood work came back that everything came back fine. I went in for my 16 week appointment thursday and not everything was fine. I apparently have low Free B HCG levels and have a 1 in 5000 chance to have the baby heart beat stop spontaneously before 24 weeks (its small but still concerning to me). It is also associated with low birth weight and low growth. Now I have to go to the maternal fetal medicine group in the hospital for a more accurate anatomy scan and genetic counseling and will also have ultrasounds every 4 weeks after the 20 week with my ob office. I was wondering if anyone else has heard of this or gone through it? The baby has measured fine in the first two ultrasounds and I am hoping that he/she will continue to but am still anxious about all this. 
  • Options
    @starphish18 havent experienced that but I am getting them on my thighs above my knees and I am not happy about it.
  • Options
    @Yiggle09 I hope everything goes perfectly smoothly for you! I haven't heard of this, but the odds look good, even though I'm sure that's stressful to have on your mind now. 
  • Options
    @Yiggle09 I've never heard of that but I couldn't imagine how nerve wrecking that must be.

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 I feel the same way. No sex drive yet.
  • Options
    @Yiggle09, I'm sure that's very nerve wracking. I'm glad they'll be keeping a close eye on things.  
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    nda_roxybabenda_roxybabe member
    edited December 2016
    I'm having a morning. It was going great until I remembered I needed to get gas on my way to work, did that and I was still on time, which was good.
    Then I get to work and remember that I let my tags expire (Nov 30th) and really need to renew those. Sit down to renew and remember I need an emissions test, great! Husband is going to be so happy I procrastinated. Oh wait, my check engine light is on for some dumb reason (seriously, there's nothing wrong, just a faulty check engine light!). So before I can renew my tags I need emissions and before that I need to go to autozone and hope they can reset the light and make it stay off long enough. Ughhhh! Not looking forward to telling H all this because he's far more responsible about these things than I am (clearly).

Oh and the real kicker? I am getting a new car in a couple months so this is all kind of pointless anyway.

ETA: Oh and something at work went wrong and it's my fault, though it's really not. Some sort of technical issue, but it falls on me. I hate getting in trouble and doing things "wrong".

Okay, pity party over...for now ;)
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @Yiggle09 Oh no! those odds are very low, but I understand worrying. I am hoping everything will be A-ok. My SIL has had 2 high risk pregnancies (though for a different reason) where she went in for monthly ultrasounds and she's got 2 beautiful little girls. 
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options

@Yiggle09 I hope everything remains non eventful from now on with your LO. I will have monthly ultrasounds with an MFM l after 20w, as well, for other high risk reasons. Glad to hear they at least have you set up on a plan and will keep monitoring everything.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    @chickyclg sorry about your insurance not covering your injections.  That seems really unfair.

@starphish18 not on my ribs but I got a patch on my right shin last pregnancy.  I think it's a normal, albeit very annoying pregnancy symptom.

@Yiggle09 I'm really sorry to hear that, I imagine it is very nerve-wracking although hopefully you can find some comfort in statistics and knowing the odds are significantly in your favor for a healthy pregnancy.

@ShadeofGreen816 I feel the same way.  I'm more willing now than I was a few weeks ago, but I'm definitely not super into the idea.  Poor H.

My random is that we sent our Christmas cards out on Saturday with our pregnancy announcement and I'm alternating between excited to start getting reactions from people (most people who are getting the cards don't know yet) and also terrified that now something is going to go wrong with the baby and we'll have to untell all these people.  We didn't post anything on social media until our anatomy scan last time, so it's a little scary doing a big reveal before that this time around.
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe I am also notorious for forgetting to update registration and get the inspection/emissions done on time. H even reminds me and it still gets put off until the very last minute or the week after. Good Luck with your H.

Completely unrelated, but DD escaped her crib this weekend so we are kicking it into high gear to get our spare room transformed into her new bedroom. I am excited for the decorating, but sad this means less naps over the next few weekends.
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 Did it stick around after the pregnancy? 
  • Options
    @Yiggle09 so sorry to hear!  The odds do sound good.  I pray everything goes well with the MFM and everything goes smoothly with your LO.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• Options
    @chickyclg That sucks! I'm sorry you have to go to plan b
    @starphish18 no spider veins here, but I got skin tags last time. Pregnancy is so pretty! 
    @Yiggle09 My fingers are crossed that everything goes smoothly for you and is uneventful and you get to have the happy parts of seeing baby frequently. 
    @nda_roxybabe everything about the upkeep of cars is the pits! 
    @PghMom412 Can I ask how old your DD is? I feel like this scenario is swiftly moving toward me on the horizon!

Random for me - starting Saturday I have a speck of vision in my right eye that has gone grey. Right in the middle about the size of a finger nail if you hold your arm out. It is making reading difficult and my vision look a bit like I am wearing 3D glasses. I should call the eye dr, but I already have two appointments this week and don't want another so I am pretending this is normal for now. Throw in braxton hicks contractions yesterday, a fire storm of lighting crotch last night, and extreme exhaustion and I feel like a total mess. Also pregnancy brain had me leave my dress shoes in the dining room so I have on winter boots with my dress clothes all day. Hooray! (rant done.. sorry) 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe Im sorry your stuck with all that going on with your car! I actually went a year without emissions due to the expense of fixing what was wrong with the car I had at the time and then a month before I had to have my registration in or else I bought a new vehicle. Hopefully the advance auto can help you get through emissions!
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher That does not sound fun! I know another appointment sucks, but I'd go get that checked out real quick. The boots thing sucks, but it is kind of funny! I'm pretty sure with my hormones this week I'd just cry.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @nda_roxybabe  I renewed my vehicle registration right on time in January.  Then, on a random day in August, I realized I had never put my stickers on my plate.  So I was driving around for 8 months with expired tags.  

@starphish18  Pretty much anything weird that happens or shows up in the next few months is pregnancy related, including veins, skin tags, carpal tunnel, and other things so weird that you'll have to Google them. You get to blame your kid for the rest of their life for the crap they put you through to bring them into this world. :smile:

We went to Moana this weekend.  It was great.  Some parts were a little dark for my overly-sensitive-to-scary-things 3yo DD, but I think she enjoyed it. I wouldn't advise anyone against it unless their kids is scared very easily and, even then, DD probably just needs to toughen up a bit.  I really liked it.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @nda_roxybabe I know I totally should, but...but...but... i dont wanna!!

Also these boots are way more cozy then the shoes I forgot, so pregnancy brain may have had an ulterior motive. 

edit: because I dont know what an alternator motive is
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    Question for you ladies: Does your SO go with to your prenatal appointments? 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    @KMD1106 So far, yes. He wants to go to any u/s ones and when I took my monthly appointment early because of a YI he was bummed he missed it even though there was no u/s. I'm guessing once they get more frequent he wont come every time, maybe though.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @KMD1106 with the twins he never missed an appointment.  With this baby he missed most of the appointments with the RE, and has only come to the NT scan with the OB.  He said he is going to try and come to more but honestly I would rather go by myself then have both of us go and have to bring the kids.

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• Options
    @KMD1106 For my first pregnancy he came to everything except the appointment with the pelvic exam (he was not invited) and maybe 1 or 2 others at the end and my mom came with me. That pregnancy was mostly in the summer when his schedule is more flexible. This time he came to the first appointment and will come to any ultrasounds, but all other appointments I will be alone. He will either be at work or watching our DS. He would love to be there for everything, but it isn't possible. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    @KMD1106 DH has gone to all so far and plans to continue to do so if work allows. With our first he was at every single one! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    H did miss the NT screen because he didn't think it was more than just drawing blood, despite me telling him it was a u/s. Weirdo. He was bummed about that :(
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @KMD1106
    He came to the first one, and he'll come to the anatomy scan probably.  Other than that, no.  He works for himself so it's more of a pain in the butt for me to hear him complain about how long the appointments are or how long he has to not be working.
  • Options
    @KMD1106 DH came to almost all appointments with DS1 and DS2. This time he had to miss one but I had my sister go with me because of my pgal brain.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    @RainyDays86 I'm in the same boat. Our cards started getting received Saturday. It's nerve wrecking 

@KMD1106 My H has gone to every one so far and is very adamant about going to each in the future. Luckily he works in the same office as my OB so that makes it easier to hop over and is able to move his schedule around to go to the US. He asks questions I would never think to ask as he is in the medical field, he's also very interested in seeing the US and looking at the results. I like him there it's nice to share with him and then if I forget anything he is my backup. 
  • Options
    @starphish18 sadly no, it's still there, although it may have gotten lighter since DS was born.  It is the thing I hate most about my post-pregnancy body, but I will say it is a very minor price to pay.

@KMD1106 DH came to any appointment with ultrasounds last time and that was it.  This time he came to the first two even though the second we didn't get an ultrasound.  He would probably come to more if I wanted him to, but it seems like a waste of his time when most appointments are very quick and I can relay any information that the doctor passes on.
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher isn't that a sign of high blood pressure? I would get in with your doctor before going to the eye doctor. Hopefully it's nothing, but definitely worth getting checked out. 
  • Options
    @KMD1106 Except for my 3 hr glucose test, DH came to every appointment for DD including the 1hr hr glucose.  This time around, he's only coming to the U/S appointments because he works close to our daycare, which is not close to our doctor, so we have to arrange childcare for DD every time DH comes to an appointment.

**Trigger**
     I mc'd in July and found out that it was probably happening at an U/S by myself during my pregnancy confirmation appointment.  I hadn't expected to get an U/S that day so hadn't invited DH along.  He's not allowed to miss an U/S anymore.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @KMD1106 The only ones he comes to are the first ultrasound, the anatomy scan, and of course the birth.  ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot H considered skipping the 12 week appt (no u/s) and I insisted he go because I was just so nervous about anything going wrong.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    KipperooKipperoo member
    edited December 2016
    Happy Monday, ladies! And so beings another week...

I spent all day yesterday laid up with a stomach bug. Today, I just feel like a pile of crap, but no more sickness. And my stomach muscles are impossibly sore. But I'm at work, sigh...

chickyclg , ugh...that sucks that insurance won't cover your injections. At least you've got a plan B to fall back on. Have you told your doctor insurance won't cover the injections? I was on a medication for a while that insurance didn't want to cover, so my doctor gave me a bunch of free samples to tide me over for a couple of months before switching. 

@nda_roxybabe, I'm sorry all of your car stuff piled on top of each other. Especially since you have a new car on the horizon! We have a car that we rarely use that sat with expired everything for like 3 months...one day I took it to the store and was like "oops! hope I don't get pulled over..." That car maintenance stuff is so annoying.

@Louise_Belcher , rock those boots like it was an intentional outfit! :-)

@KMD1106 , DH tries to make it to most appointments but has missed a couple due to work obligations. He makes it to the big ones, but I never really plan around his schedule. I think he made it to most of the appointments with my last pregnancy, but honestly don't remember. It's nice to have him there, but sometimes the appointments are totally useless so it doesn't always make sense. 

@Yiggle09 , I'm sorry you've got something new to stress about with the pregnancy. At least you can rest assured that the MFM team will be monitoring you and the odds are really low. I actually love my MFM appointments because it seems like they are most likely to catch anything really serious early on--more in depth, in my experience. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    bacorrea said:
    @Louise_Belcher isn't that a sign of high blood pressure? I would get in with your doctor before going to the eye doctor. Hopefully it's nothing, but definitely worth getting checked out. 
    I was worried about that too, so I had my mom come over with a blood pressure cuff yesterday. It was on the low end of normal like usual. I did end up calling the ob emergency line yesterday (which I totally hate to use) and that she didn't think it was pregnancy related and to call the eye doc if it persisted. Surprisingly she didn't ask about my blood pressure at all. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    @chickyclg I hope the appointment goes well! Who are you hoping is not lazy? It just made me think about when I grew up with speech therapy and the first therapist I had in grade school was awful. We finally switched to a really good one by third grade and it was smooth sailing from there on!

@starphish18 Ugh spider veins are the worst. I don't necessarily have them but because I'm very fair skinned, my veins are very obvious on my chest/belly now, it's kind of creepy. Hopefully yours go away after LO is born!

@yiggle09 how annoying! on the bright side,  you didn't have to stress about it until later? I'm not familiar with all the specifics, but I do remember one blogger that I follow, her baby was measuring small that the dr was concern and she ended up having to deliver earlier than her due date because they felt like the baby would benefit from nutrition outside of the womb. The whole thing was weird, the kid stayed at the bottom of the growth chart but she was just fine. Hopefully your LO continue to measure just fine and that it will be less worrisome, because all that anxiety can just suck it.

@ShadeofGreen816 No magical sex drive here either at 16 weeks. Midafternoon delights are nicer when I don't feel like napping, otherwise I just give in once a week. I do end up enjoying it after awhile.

@nda_roxybabe I had gotten new stickers for my car back in CA, only to lose them somehow. I was prepared to blame DD if I had gotten pulled over. I drove like that for the whole year until it was time to renew again.  :#

@louise_belcher I know you don't want more appointment, but girl go get your eye checked out! I would hate for it to get worse. I really hope it's nothing though. If you're seeing a doctor at one of the other appointment, it wouldn't hurt to mention it too. I get super panicky about vision stuff like this since I'm deaf already. I hope you feel better soon!

@KMD1106 DH went to only the anatomy scan with me during the first pregnancy. There wasn't really any need for him to come otherwise. He can be very, I don't love the baby until I meet it (although that is totally false as I start to show and he can feel it from the outside). He will probably come to the anatomy scan this time too, if DD wakes up early enough from her nap and that will be it for him until delivery (hopefully!)

My random is I finally took some pics of DD for our holiday cards and ordered them last night. I hope they come super quick so I can get them mailed out asap. I need to mail one of them all the way to Singapore and have no idea how long that will take. Oops. I also used the same quote on the back of the card for the third year in a row because I really did not want to waste my time thinking or looking for something satisfactory enough.