July 2016 Moms

December randoms

Re: December randoms

• shaylalrshaylalr member
    edited December 2016
    Anyone else going through leap 5? I think this one is the worst so far. I'm having fun watching her new developments, but man. The grumpiness. She gets very upset when she can't do something by herself. 
  • Sleep? What's that? 
    I am hoping it takes a bit for both the gripe water and amber necklace to work their magic. After getting up every 45 minutes from 8pm to 1am, I caved and slept upright holding ds. We slept 4 solid hours. It was extra special hearing my husband and dog snoring as I desperately tried calming ds down. 
  • Loading the player...
  • We were going to try to transition William to his own room tonight but when I burst into tears at the idea of him waking up scared in the middle of the night wondering where's mommy my husband called it off. I have no idea how I'm going to do this. 
  • We're still at the in-laws for the holidays and there's a spare room next to ours so I decided to give the sleeping in seperate bedrooms a try.  In our home her bedroom is on the other side of the house so I don't think I'm quite ready foe that yet. 
  • I didn't think either one of us would sleep better after we transitioned to separate bedrooms but it's crazy how much better we all are sleeping. Especially LO. It's difficult to do, I hated it. We did it at 3 months and I cried many a times. Hang in there mamas! 
  • arhodes6arhodes6 member
    edited December 2016
    @winnie1122 we have the same problem. Q used to sleep through the night and when he is teething he is up every few hours. Luckily for us, his teeth popped through so he is back to being a good sleeper but it took them coming through to help. We would do Tylenol when it was really bad and that seemed to help. I hope that's what it is for you and your LOs teeth come through soon! 
  • @FTM53 the only way he naps right now is on me when he falls asleep nursing. I've tried crib or pack and play naps and he might fight for 30 mins and then nap for 15. Then he's even worse at night because he hasn't slept all day. I'm hoping fixing overnight sleep helps naps too. He's 6 months today and we just started him on some puree so I'm hoping it keeps him fuller at night and he sleeps better. Who the hell knows?
  • @jennyleigh16 Oh, mamma! I'm sorry. Thats rough! Id maybe try camping out in his room for a few days while he gets used to it. Or legit go have a drink at the local bar at bed time and let Daddy handle CIO until it only lasts a few minutes (after 3 nights we are now under 10 minutes of crying/complaining before LO is completely out). Good luck! I know hearing him cry and not getting him is the hardest thing to do. 
  • Any of you have plans for NYE with LO's? We usually go to friends every year before we had LO now I kind of want to include him preferably at an early event during the day. I think I read about "Peepfest" near us where they have a peep drop like the ball in Time Square
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Jodi1980 our neighborhood is holding a block party starting around 5-6. I'll bring DS to that in his NY outfit and go home when it's his bedtime. 
  • NYE was supposed to be hosted at my house because last year pre-baby we thought it would be easier to not have to leave (hubs is currently deployed)...now i'm totally stressing over it with her terrible sleeping right now and cutting her first teeth... Now I'm thinking it is easier to leave somewhere else and go home to a quiet empty house where she *might* sleep than it is to have people at the house.  literally just asked if we can re-locate...sorry not sorry??
  • We're going to my in-laws for NYE, about 15 minutes away. We're over there every weekend anyway :/ They have a p&p so we'll put her to bed until we leave.
  • winnie1122 said:
    @LDSJM123 I'm drooling at the thought of gobs of Mexican food and margaritas, especially after seeing all the amazing food you've posted about on here! These allergies have me craving cheesy delicious goodness of all kinds right now....forbidden fruit I guess
    Yeah @LDSJM123.. I'm thinking there needs to be a post with your NYE recipes. Just sayin
  • Anyone use essential oils? I'm interested in starting to use them. I have a friend that sells Young Living but they are so spendy! I've done my own research and found Plant Therapy brand. The quality is good and I much prefer the price point. Especially considering I'm not sure if I'm even going to like them. But do cheaper oils work as well? Just curious about others experiences with essential oils. 
  • winnie1122 yeeeessss.  This exactly.
  • @LDSJM123- I use essential oils! I started using them in my reed diffusers because we try to avoid artificial fragrances. I mix almond oil and lavender essential oil together. As long as it's 100% essential oil, I don't care too much about brands. When I finish the oils I have, I'll research it before buying more. 
    My mom bought me a diffuser and 4 new oils for Christmas. I love it! It mists into the air 3 times a day. Makes my home more relaxing. I'm going to start using the oils in my cleaning sprays. 
  • @LDSJM123 I 'use' them, lol. My mom is super into them so if she gives me something and tells me what it's good for I use it. I have a diffuser that I like to use occasionally, especially with lavender oil in the spring and a Christmas blend at Christmas time (which I sadly ran out of this year, and since it's YL I don't think I want to spend the money to replace it). The one I use for more than fragrance is the Thieves oil from YL in a humidifier/diffuser my mom is letting me borrow. It helped a lot when LO had a cold and bad congestion, plus it's supposed to be good for helping you get over sickness apparently. We had a lot of sickness this fall and winter so I've had it diffusing a lot this year and it seems to help.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • @LDSJM123 I think if you are diffusing the oils then any brand works but if you are ingesting it then I would go with a higher quality brand just to be safe! I used to use oils for EVERYTHING! But I have only been diffusing since I am nursing. 
  • I do! https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/catalog/aromatherapy/essential-oils Has great quality oils and is more affordable than young living. 
  • Im ready to say peace out to 2016, ladies. I feel like the only good thing that happened this year was the birth of my beautiful babies. A friend from high school had her 9 week old pass away on Christmas morning and my heart hasn't stopped hurting since. Not entirely sure what happened, but I think it was SIDS. So sad and scary.