July 2016 Moms
Options

December randoms

Re: December randoms

• Options
    @austinjl C has no desire to roll either. He can roll IF he wants to but he's definitely not in that phase of "rolling is so much fun, I'm gonna do it all the time!" He'd rather kick his feet and blow bubbles and try to sit up. At his 4mo well-check back at the beginning of November his pedi mentioned that they like to see babies rolling by the time they come back for their 6mo check. That's still 4 weeks away for us so I'm not toooo concerned about it yet.
  • Options
    After spending the weekend just snuggling with LO and talking it out a lot with hubby I feel a lot less in shock and more excited. I cannot wait to see if they look like Julia or if they'll act anything like her. Thanks ladies for the support! It's definitely feeling more real. Back to eating healthy. I gained about 10 pounds after losing all the baby weight so I need to get healthy for more than just myself now. I'm also not ready to join a new birth month club just yet. I'm happy here. 

I'm lucky if J sleeps longer than 30 minutes. It's just a fact of life now that I've come to accept. 

6-6:30am: wake up, diaper and clothing change. dh is still home around this time so he spends a bit with her. we drive him to work around 8am 

8am nap in car ride. take the long way back so she naps the longest possible time

830am: wake up, diaper change, feed, floor time 

10:30am- nap

11am: wake up, diaper change, 3 mi walk, feed

1pm: nap (usually the longest nap of the day) 

2pm: wake, diaper change, feed, floor time or exersaucer

4pm: nap

430: wake, diaper, play with dh and i, floor time 

615pm: begin bed time routine. usually out by 645pm. 

We go to stroller strides and babytime at the library. I do a lot of those exercises throughout the week so she is used to it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @babycakesday Congrats! What an exciting surprise!!!!

I really need to start looking around for activities in our area, you ladies are so active!!! Where do you even begin? I tried finding mom groups but gave up because I couldn't find anything, and I don't know any moms with really little kids to hang out with or ask. We just bop around the house unless we go grocery shopping. Naps are a funny joke, though sometimes I'll get lucky with a random half hour or hour here and there. He was SUCH a good sleeper from like 5weeks on, but the last week has been like having a newborn again! Last night he woke up so many times and I couldn't seem to get him comfortable so we ended up sleeping in like four spots throughout the night. In the r&p, in the boppy on the bed, etc. I hope this is just the sleep regression happening a little late and it will get better soon...
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    @winnie1122 Try seeing if your city offers any free fitness classes. Stroller strides has groups all over the nation. www.fit4mom.com Hopefully there's a group near you. In my area they offer a free class a week so I do that. Otherwise it's 30 a month. The best part for me is the group activities afterward. I've many moms with kiddos around the same age. They host books clubs and kid play dates and mom night out. Check your local library for a baby class. We do songs and read books. The social aspect is what helped me with my ppd a lot. 
  • Options
  • Options
    @babycakesday- congrats! I'm glad you are feeling more excited! 

@winnie1122- I've met moms through church, through the library, through parenting classes at the hospital, lots of my neighbors and college friends are stay-at-home moms, and I joined a local parent Facebook group for play-dates. I 2nd the idea of Stroller Strides! I really wanted to do that but never got around to it. 
  • Options
    @babycakesday Congratulations!! We have a few friends that did the whole "back to back" thing. They said the beginning can be a little chaotic but I think that's always going to be the case when adding a second child to the mix! But their sibling relationships are awesome!!

Our schedule is I think really starting to shape, now that I'm back at work. Things have become a lot more routine for all of us. 

She typically wakes around 7:30/8am
    Usually eats about 30 min after waking
    Plays for a couple hours then naps - this is the longest nap!! Usually a couple hours
    Gets up around 12:30/1, eats again. Plays some more. And then naps for maybe 30-45min
    Eats again...and then I'm usually getting home. 
    We play or if I have chores, wear her in the ergo. 
    By 6, writing is on the wall that bedtime is near, lol
    Bedtime routine consists of shower, rocking and final feeding and putting her down in her crib

Things we do with her - lots of hands on play. She loves that the most! Sitting on our lap and helping her balance, playing in front of mirrors, peek a boo...all that good stuff! She does really love her activity mat and activity center. I have a variety of loose toys I sit on the activity center for her to play with also. We also try and walk for a couple miles at least 2-3 days a week. Read occasionally. I probably need to do more of that!! Friday-Sunday is all over the place since I'm off. We've been running a lot of errands, especially for the holidays. I think that's stimulating right?! Lol

• Options
    @Jodi1980 - so glad your LO is well!

@babycakesday - congrats!  I can imagine the shock if you weren't "trying"!  My hubs is talking about wanting to try when he gets back from his deployment in April...I'm thinking he has been away from reality for a bit, haha
  • Options
    @babycakesday Congrats! I imagine it will fee a bit like twins. Let me know if you need any pointers... haha!
  • Options
    @babycakesday YAY! Congrats! I've heard so many ladies love having babies close together. And don't feel too pressured to join a new birth month. You are always welcome here! 

@Jodi1980 What's a relief! These kids need to not get sick. It's too terrifying. Glad LO is on the mend. 

@Austinjl LO has no desire to roll either. He would much rather practice "scooching" or sitting up or standing. He's able to stand by himself just holding on to thing s now for almost a full minute. He has rolled from back to belly 3 times and never from belly to back (though he's close). 

Anyone else's LO become extensively distracted while nursing? DS has added at least an extra 10 minutes because of all his breaks and "play time"!

• Options
    How did you attach the bows on your mistletoe a project @DachshundMomma?
  • Options
    @FTM53 OMG YES to the distracted nursing!!! Anytime my DH walks into the room or says something LO immediately pops off and has to look around. Or if I eat something. Or if something crinkles or crackles. Or if the TV gets loud all of the sudden. I don't even know if he's been eating enough lately because he won't stay focused! Lol. But your LO is standing on things?! Mine loves to be held in a standing position, but nowhere near holding onto things on his own. It'll be really interesting to see when all of these LOs start walking. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    @FTM53 same here. The post by @winnie1122 is exactly what's happening to us. Sometimes I have to stop and give him time to realize he is still hungry because there is no refocusing this kid 
  • Options
    Lurking from Oct 16. I really like this BMB and have learned so much from you ladies. Hopefully you don't mind me chiming in. I see that a lot of you have actual schedules in place. Did this take time to happen?  How did you implement it?  With my LO I just see no routine in sight. She'll be 2 months and only takes cat naps. Thankfully she sleeps decent at night but it takes me an hour to get her to sleep and it's at 10 pm  :|
  • Options
    @shaylalr when did you unswaddle her?  LO  is being swaddled for nighttime sleep.  Did you swaddle her for naps earlier on? Her wake time varies but the one thing I do see  is consistent  is her 10 o'clock bedtime which really I wish it was earlier. 
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 that pretty much sounds like us. I'm not really set on the exact times. I'm just hoping some consistency will actually help her take longer naps. I get about 10 to 30 minutes out of her and that's with her falling asleep in my arms. The moment I lay her down she's awake.   Thanks for sharing, it's nice to hear someone's in the same boat as me   
  • Options
    @ladybug2821 - with the exception of our sleeping disaster right now which I'm thinking/hoping is an early 6 month regression I built my LOs schedule based on what she was trying to tell me...like what @shaylalr said.  I was with my friend who is a L&D nurse and she saw the chaos I was dealing with and said ok...i'm staying with you all day...we are looking for patterns...and you're going to make a schedule based on that.  She was right around 1.5 months when that happened and at the time was going apx 2 hours between feedings so I started with a feed, play, nap cycle.  If she was still sleeping at the 2 hour mark I would slowly wake her and feed her to build the routine.  As she got older and if she was consistently still napping at the 2 hour mark I would extend the time between feedings until 2.5 hours, so on and so forth.  I adapt her schedule as she gets older and starts giving different signals.  With the exception of the current sleep issue (naps are great- it is strictly bed time) she is a dream during the day.  Happy.  She knows she will get what she needs and thrives on the routine and predictability.
  • Options
    @ladybug2821 we don't have a schedule either and struggle with naps at almost 5 months. His awake time is generally 2 hours between naps, so I try to start winding him down around that 2 hour mark to fall asleep. If he sleeps on me I get anywhere from 1-2 hour naps. In the crib it's typically 30 minutes (and a struggle to get him to sleep in it) the only consistent thing for us is his bedtime between 6:15-630. I also nurse on demand and feed frequently. 

Dont beat yourself up about a schedule, it will only cause more stress. If you attempt it and it works, awesome! If not, that's ok too. 
  • Options
    @ladybug2821 I stopped swaddling at 3 months. I did that because she started consistently rolling and I was worried about her safety. I swaddled her for naps and for bedtime before that. I don't think she was quite ready at 3 months, but by 4 months she could self soothe and has slept wonderfully ever since. 
  • Options
    mgotay15mgotay15 member
    edited December 2016
    @Ladybug7456 i found that my lo would go to bed around that time as well (10pm) at 2mo. as he started getting bigger bedtime started to get earlier.  it was gradual. 10 changed to 9/930..he is 4mo now and bed time is usu 8 to 830! i try to make sure i get him in his pjs an wind down before 8 and then  look for his im getting sleepy signs
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 @Ladybug720 same here with naps. no real schedule. lengths and time vary day to day..some days he may take 1 very long nap or a few smaller ones. nightime tho he tends to go to bed around the same time..most nights!  havr not started sleep training either!
  • Options
    @mgotay15 that sounds like us. No real nap schedule and no sleep training yet. Working on a schedule for him. 
  • Options
    We don't have a firm schedule, but typically E is out of bed between 7:30 and 8, then naps roughly an hour after waking up for a half hour. She then naps anywhere between 12:30 and 2, and that one is generally about 1-2 hours. If she takes a shorter afternoon nap, she's napping again around 3 or 4 for an hour, then is up the rest of the day before bed at 7:30 or 8. 

Poor bug caught a cold, plus with the teething junk, she has barely been sleeping at night for the last two weeks. So this entire schedule just gets thrown out the window. *sigh*.

@TiffRox81 yay L! What a big girl :)
  • Options
    Today is rough. Actually, rough doesn't cover it. As I posted in the sleep thread DS has been waking up in the night screaming with no causation that I can see. Until today, it was only at night. Unfortunately today he has barely let me put him down and begins screaming almost as soon as I even think about doing anything that doesn't involve him. So we've been nursing and having cuddly naps all day. I hate him not feeling well. Especially when I can't do anything about it. 
  • Options
    @DachshundMomma i'm so sorry :(  I think someone mentioned it earlier, but is it mostly when he lays down that he screams?  If so, I second maybe getting his ears checked...
  • Options
    @DachshundMomma I'm so sorry :(. AJ doesn't do the screaming, but there are definitely days that he will not let me put him down. So I can sympathize with you. This mommy-ing thing is hard. Creepy internet hugs to you. 
  • Options
    The cause of the screams has been discovered. Extreme gas. Even burping him out doesn't help fully. I eat a gluten free, dairy free (majority of the time) diet. I did fully get rid of dairy for months but it didn't make a difference. The morning after the awful night of screams we had 4 poops diapers. So I think we got rid of it all haha.

Has anyone used any of those gas reducer drops? Any success? 
  • Options
    @DachshundMomma we used to use the gas drops all the time and they worked great for us. 
  • Options
    @DachshundMomma yep we used gripe water in the evenings before the fusiness started, and spent lots of time cycling LO's legs. Both worked for us. Good luck!
  • Options
    I second having success with gripe water. 
  • Options
    We used the gas drops!  It was great!  Also, the doc (had to call the on call doc once because of terrible constipation/gas pains) and he said to give 1 oz of 1/2 apple juice and 1/2 water.  She took it and almost instantly farted and felt way better. 
  • Options
    +1 to gas drops! Even if it's just a placebo effect, they seem to work for us.
  • Options
    TiffRox81TiffRox81 member
    edited December 2016
    We were pretty dependent on gas drops and gripe water for a while in the beginning. L had terrible gas! Things seem to have resolved itself at this point. I'd recommend them tho!!
  • Options
    Thank you ladies. He is a great tooter during the day, it's actually quite impressive lol, but struggles with it at night. He has no issues with pooping either, he goes at least once a day. I will definitely look into the gas drops. I had spoken with is Dr about it before but the issue resolved itself and just recently started back up again.