July 2016 Moms
Options

December randoms

Re: December randoms

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You aren't crazy!! I feel the same way! I am constantly thinking about our second. I can't wait for her to be a big sister! We decided to keep waiting but I totally know how you feel. 
  • Options
    My daughters are 2 1/2 years apart and no one ever asked us when we were going to have the next one. It's crazy to me how rude some people are!

I love this age difference. DD1 was potty trained and out of the crib before DD2 was born. Plus I had a c-section with DD1 so it was nice to give my body the whole 18 months of healing time before we started trying again. I was so tired in the beginning of my pregnancy, it was nice that DD1 was mostly sleeping through the night! I needed that sleep. Also I loved those years of just being with DD1. When DD1 starts school, DD2 will be 3, so I'll then have 2 1/2 years with only her at home. I kind of like that
  • Options
    @kmurdock925 that drives me CRAZY! I was at SIL's bridal shower a couple weeks ago and people were taking E from me to "give me a break." I was in a mood where I just wanted to hold her and snuggle her, and one lady stole her from me twice without even asking. Maddening.

I also have baby fever. We were going to be TTC this spring/summer, but unfortunately have been having some financial problems and now probably have to wait longer :( I am super bummed.
  • Options
    You've got this @babycakesday! How are you feeling btw?
  • Options
    I def want another one, but L is quite clingy (but I don't mind) so I need her to be walking by the time the next one gets here lol
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    Anyone else who just can't sleep?! It takes me an hour to fall asleep and I wake up multiple times a night. E sleeps 12 hour stretches now. I should be enjoying this! But instead I am exhausted. 
  • Options
    @shaylalr Yes. I keep waking up for like 1 to 2 hour stretches. She has started sleeping through the night most nights lately. I just wake up and need to check in on her. 
  • Options
    Omg @shaylalr please tell us all your secrets on how you make 12 hour sleep stretches happen!
  • Options
    Omg. I want to scream - a half hour into a lovely crib nap - USPS knocks on the door for an Amazon delivery, dog goes crazy, baby is now awake. :neutral: Here's to hoping her self soothing skills in the evening work now. 
  • Options
    TiffRox81 said:
    Omg. I want to scream - a half hour into a lovely crib nap - USPS knocks on the door for an Amazon delivery, dog goes crazy, baby is now awake. :neutral: Here's to hoping her self soothing skills in the evening work now. 
    That is the WORST! Sorry mama. 
  • Options
    @TiffRox81 OMG...I'm so sorry. I HATE when that happens. It is the complete worst. 

@shaylalr I think you're onto something with the sleep training and then making sure all calories are during the day. I've noticed that he sleeps longer stretches already since starting sleep training and when he eats more during the day, he sleeps better at night, too. 
  • Options
    Caved and bought gripe water today. DS is not sleeping due to gas pain,  momma isn't sleeping due to baby not sleeping, momma isn't a pleasant person during the day. 
    I am also impatiently waiting for our amber teething necklace to arrive. Seriously I need sleep and my happy baby back. 
  • Options
    @DachshundMomma we got gripe water yesterday and it helped! We got the Mommy's Bliss brand for nighttime gas/colic/teething.
  • Options
    @DachshundMomma I hope it helps!! We hate the idea of giving her anything outside breastmilk/formula so I can understand where you're coming from...but the gas issues forced us into it too. Hopedully it's a short term problem and you can ease back off it. Until teething comes, lol! I don't know if we can avoid OTC items for teething. At least I wasn't willing to try, lol!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @schaze that's what I bought too. No luck with it tonight but I only gave him a half dose incase there was a negative reaction. We got up less though, so that's a good thing haha. The gas was less during our wake ups so i think it helped with that part of the issue. Usually he would toot up a storm while night feeding. Pediatrician said it's because he relaxes during that time so it all comes out. Combined with teething, it's just all a mess of screams and tears.

@TiffRox81 definitely not a fan of giving anything other than breastmilk but it is what it is. The amber necklace came last night so I will try it in the morning. I'm really hopeful. I've never seen DS in so much pain discomfort. My poor little dude. He's cutting 3 teeth that I can see, the two front bottom and then a lateral incisor on the bottom. That sucker is early lol.
  • Options
    https://www.scarymommy.com/10-people-will-hate-giving-birth/?utm_source=FB

I found these amusing. Especially #10 considering the conversation in this thread.