December 2016 Moms

Stupid Questions December

Re: Stupid Questions December

• @PensiveCrayon DH and I never talked to my stomach at all and both of us feel that we've bonded with DS!  It's pretty crazy how he seemed to recognize me, LO hears your voice a lot anyway!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• @AbriannaO - I think it varies a lot.  For me, I was having contractions off and on for 2.5 days, sometimes every 5 mins but never intense enough to call the Dr.  I had been having those contractions for several hours when my water broke and it felt like a big pop and a gush. Then the contractions got really strong.

However, my SIL had her water break with no contractions and didn't start having contractions for about 12 hours, and I've known people who have had to have pitocin after their water broke because the contractions never started on their own.
  • Loading the player...
  • @PensiveCrayon I'm with you. He's still not totally real yet to me. Like I logically know a full formed baby is about to come out of me in the next couple weeks, but I still don't think I'll believe it until I see him. 

I also don't expect to have the hallmark card post birth moment of tears. Not because I don't love this little guy, but it's just not really my personality. I already feel kind of guilty about it and it hasn't even happened yet. 
  • @PensiveCrayon +1. I know I love her, but I'm so not connected with this pregnancy. 
  • @PensiveCrayon I feel the exact same way! I am very excited for him to get here, but I'm so disconnected to him actually being in my body right now.  I honestly forget I'm pregnant other than being super uncomfortable.
  • @tinatt23 I'm not an emotional hallmark card cry moment type of person either. I was actually wondering if having a child would bring out a little more emotion from me. I'm sure I'll still be dry as a desert though!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @PensiveCrayon 7th child (well 5th in utero) and I've never talked or sang to any of them... they all like me now.  ;)
    However my husband has "scolded" them for being too wiggly and keeping me up and what's funny, they always seem to calm down after.  :D

Due December 27th with baby #7

• I've cried more since his birth than actually AT his birth. I'm a big crier, so I was surprised when I didn't cry when he came out. However, I started crying at his baby photo shoot today. Go figure. 
  • I'm now 40+3 & last night about 12am I was in bed and had contractions that nearly sucked the air of me and I had to stand by the side of my bed and bend over it to try to help my back. Well the next thing I know I have clear fluid leaking all down both legs(I sleep naked sorry if tmi) and my bladder was completely empty because I just went and peed when I stood up to try to stretch my back out and I went and wiped with toilet paper and a rag and cleaned myself up. I'm 100% sure it's not pee I was leaking. What do y'all think,leaking fluid and go to the hospital or no? 
  • @Christinaruth74 I'm about to call them and see and if they say go to l/d I will get myself together and feed the dogs and call my husband and make him get off work. 
  • @Christinaruth74 The nurse I talked to said it sound like my water broke and not to take a bath to take a shower and go ahead and get myself together and go on up to the hospital so I'm about to let DH know and start getting myself together. I ended up cleaning my kitchen and bathroom and straightening up our bedroom before I called just in case. 
  • @Christinaruth74 DH didn't think I needed to call and said I'd be in labor by now and I was just like well I don't know about that because I've read things where it says you're wager can break and it still take days and even hours so I'd rather call them and be safe because neither of us are doctors 
  • @wynterwaddell my water broke well before I went into active labor. I had to be induced because labor never really started on its own and LO wasn't born until 42 hours later. Once your water breaks you're at increased risk for infection, so get yourself to the hospital if that's what they told you to do!
  • @wynterwaddell glad you called! When my water broke I wasn't in active labor until they started pitocin hours later, but it's definitely something you want to have confirmed because of the added risks involved once your water does break. 

Good luck!!
  • @Christinaruth74 @gowenc I am going when db gets home from work and hopefully they will induce me tonight since I'm overdue now anyways which is what will most likely happen if it was my amniotic sac that busted. i didn't want him to have to leave work early so since he will be home at 5 anyways and it was nearly  12 before I called so we just decided to wsit until he gets here, that way if they do induce me tonight he will be able to take off tomorrow with no problems. 
  • @Christinaruth74 Hey girl just updating you. I went to l/d last night and they said I was having contractions and was 2 1/2 dilated and 70% effaced but since the on call doctor didn't want to make any decisions and step on my doctors toes they just sent me home and said walk around so I dilate more and once I get to 4 they'll keep me but don't come back to their hospital go to the other one because they don't have records for me there or leave there and go to the other hospital so this afternoon when dh gets home were going to the other hospital because my MP came out after we got home and fell asleep and I'm sure I'm dilated more now so DH said to update him and if need be he will leave early but he wants to try to work as much as he can which I agree he needs to. 
  • @wynterwaddell did they confirm if it was your water that broke? Also- yay for baby day!!!!!
  • @Christinaruth74 They did the ROM test and said no it wasn't my water and I snapped on them and told them that they were wrong because I think I'd know if I pissed myself. Especially since pee isn't thick cloudy stuff so needless to say I was not pleased. & Dh says I'm not allowed to do anything around the house today. I'm only allowed relax and get my bag together for the hospital. & I'm very excited to meet our baby boy. Hopefully this heathen dog won't stress me out and make me go into full blown labor before dh gets home. 
  • So baby has decided he doesn't like to sleep in anything but the rock n play. Do we think this is okay? Safe? He hates the halo bassinet and cries anytime we put him in it. We also have a pack n play with an infant sleeper that he will sleep in sometimes, but he's pretty obsessed with his RNP. Should I just let it be or is this unsafe?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Austenista DD1 slept solely in the RNP or next to me on the couch in her boppy for the first first months pretty exclusively. Our pedi had no issue with it, the only thing she recommended was to stick a recieving blanket under the RNP headrest to provide extra cushion to avoid a flat spot 
  • @Austenista Rhett only wants to sleep in his RNP or in the bed with us. I wouldn't see any reason for it to be unsafe, it's especially helpful for babies with reflux.
  • @wynterwaddell yay congrats!!! I was just thinking about you today and was checking the board for updates!! ❤️❤️
  • 39 weeks pregnant no sign of labor . 50% thinned out not dilated as of last week doctor tomorrow . Due the 26th !! 
  • @wynterwaddell omg!!! Yay!!! Congratulations!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Does anyone have suggestions for sleepers to fit long babies? DD is three weeks and already almost too long for 3 month footed sleepers but they are still big everywhere else. We have a few different brands but they all seem about the same length. 
  • gowencgowenc member
    edited December 2016
    @kbduke my LO is long and lean too. The sleeper that fits him best is from L'ovedbaby, I bought it on amazon. It wasn't cheap but fits him well. Carter's is the next best but they're still a bit big around even when they fit length wise.
  • kbduke said:
    Does anyone have suggestions for sleepers to fit long babies? DD is three weeks and already almost too long for 3 month footed sleepers but they are still big everywhere else. We have a few different brands but they all seem about the same length. 
    You may be able to find footless ones. Or cut the feet off. We had to cut a few with dd1. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• kbduke said:
    Does anyone have suggestions for sleepers to fit long babies? DD is three weeks and already almost too long for 3 month footed sleepers but they are still big everywhere else. We have a few different brands but they all seem about the same length. 
    Sleep sacks tend to be longer than other clothing in the same size.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Yes to the zip up sacks... they usually say 0-6 mon and are longer

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Another vote for sleep sacks. 
  • Question for the STMs or FTMs with outside babies: my pediatrician prescribed vitamin D drops for LO. From what I read it's a standard recommendation for newborns. We filled the prescription and the drops smell sickeningly sweet, so DH looked up the ingredients. There's a bunch of extra crap in them - artificial flavor and color, preservatives, etc - not to mention a bunch of sugar that I'd rather not be giving an infant. Does anyone know of an alternative that's not full of crap? I'm vitamin D deficient so I do want to make sure LO is getting what he needs, I'd just prefer not to load him up with other stuff that isn't necessary.
  • @gowenc we just got over the counter vitamin d drops from our grocery store. We had to ask the pharmacy counter for them but they didn't require a prescription. I dont think ours has additives but will check and update if needed.

• I haven't ever been told my BF babies needed vit D. Maybe try taking a long walk, if weather permits, to make sure you get your vit D and it should pass on.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• @gowenc it's a standard recommendation, as BM is a very poor source of vit d. I plan on asking our pedi about a study that came out last year, if mom takes 6400 iu a day then baby gets sufficient amounts in BM, but I'm not sure if it will just be easier or less expensive to supplement baby. I plan on checking into buying baby Ddrops, they have no additives and only one drop is needed.
  • @gowenc the vitamin d drops I bought are "mothers bliss".  I got them at target,  they're organic and only have sunflower oil in addition to vitamin d.

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16