July 2017 Moms

Subchorionic Hemorrhage (SCH) Support

Re: Subchorionic Hemorrhage (SCH) Support

• If you decide to go,  make sure your feet are up as much as possible and don't over do it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • As for work,  my doctor's note is keeping my job with FMLA, but it's unpaid leave.  Once my sick leave is up my pay is docked.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @yanchuss, I second @dancegurl1118. Bedrest and modified activity are important for you because they often allow stress levels to calm down, which makes you feel like you're doing something to help yourself. But it's not bedrest itself that magically fixes everything. Again, I really
    am appalled that your doctor would have the gall to say something to completely insensitive and crude as "if you value this pregnancy...", but that's not really the point.

I personally would take it easy, rest as
    much as you can, make sure you have AMPLE access to water, and make sure your husband is completely aware and on the same page as you about your restrictions, but I would go and just use common sense. The idea that a women can literally drop everything in her life and not get out of bed for weeks on end is such an antiquated idea - life doesn't work that way. Take it easy, don't overdo it, and drink gallons (figuratively of course) of water, but I would go, for your mental sanity as much as anything else.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for the input, everyone. I'm going to go and take it easy. After the gush this morning, I'm spotting a lot less, which I'll take as a good sign. If I bleed, I'll go to a hospital there. It can't be worse than the medical care I've recieved so far *sigh*.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • These bleeds are causing so much drama in our pregnancies! 

We went today and then bleed with Baby B was a bit smaller. I just have brown spotting now so I'm feeling better. The twins were moving and had heart rates in the 160's. The added ultrasounds are stressful, but we are really getting to see our twins grow week by week! Our next scan in two weeks she said she would look for gender!!! 

Continued prayers for all of us and our little butter beans! 
  • no evidence besides anecdotal evidence that bedrest is beneficial..but mentally it is very beneficial. If you were to start bleeding tomorrow after the long day would you be blaming yourself for doing too much even though that was likely not the case? 
    I'm glad you pointed that out. My OB said the same thing. He asked/recommended that I stop training for the 1/2 marathon I was supposed to be running in a few weeks. With my SCH, he said that running wouldn't make me miscarry, but if I did end up miscarrying he was worried I would never forgive myself. 
  • Thanks.  My doctor said that my hemorrhage is down to 4 cm and I can go back to work tomorrow.  I just have to take it easy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lamphele, I'm seriously doing happy dance for you! That's fantastic news!
    Married 25 May, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lamphele it's always so nice to read positive updates in this thread. So happy for you!! Hopefully it disappears completely soon!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @yanchuss, how did your thing go today? How is your body handling it
    Married 25 May, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @PurplePoppy424 That's great news! 

@yanchuss Yes, how did your day go? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I so happy for all the good news lately. 

!!!!!!!!!!!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @yanchuss That is amazing news! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @yanchuss Such great news! I'm so glad you're finally in good hands. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @yanchuss that is great news! So happy you are feeling more confident in your medical care (although it still boggles my mind to took this long to get you to that point!). Fingers crossed that. As boy is gone soon! My SCH was there at 13 weeks and gone at 15. I had zero bleeding after about 9 weeks. These damn things are so stressful!
  • Awesome news @lamphele! Now take a giant deep cleansing breath and get to enjoying every minute of this pregnancy. So happy for you!!!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @lamphele, that's amazing! I was actually just going to follow up with everyone here and see how everyone is going, although I'm actually happy that there haven't been a lot of updates here. No news is often a good news, right??

I stopped bleeding a week and a half ago, and am hoping they clear me at my anatomy scan on the 10th. In the mean time, I've been released from pelvic rest as long as I continue to not bleed. Unfortunately, my husband is in Hawaii for three weeks, so I'm still chaste a nun over here. Really, really hoping they see no SCH or praevia at my anatomy scan, but I am so, SO relieved that all of us seem to be doing better.

@ebennett1007, how is the second bleed with Baby B looking and how are you feeling?
    Married 25 May, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Had another huge gush of bright red blood today
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @yanchuss, my stomach tightens up every time I see someone post here. Are you going in to see your OB?
    Married 25 May, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry, my whole message didn't post earlier for some reason. My OB doesn't work today so I'm back in emerg. Still heavy bleeding so we'll see. Maybe one day I'll get to enjoy this pregnancy. Hoping for good news :(
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm so sorry @yanchuss. I hope the bleeding slows. 
  • @yanchuss I am so sorry. I hope you're through with the ER and got good news. :(
  • @yanchuss  You're in my prayers.  I hope you get some good news. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ktewart thank you for asking. I go back on Tuesday for a follow up ultrasound so I hope to hear great news. I haven't had any more bleeding. 

Still nauseated all day.... but that is a different story!
  • @yanchuss I've been thinking of you today. Hope all is okay!
  • @ebennett1007, yay for no bleeding!! I sincerely hope all is well and there's nothing to worry about come Tuesday. Keep up updated!

@yanchuss, any update from the ER? Been thinking about you today.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Since it was the weeknd and they were understaffed, I just got my results today. Apparently the hemorrhage got "a tiny bit bigger" but still not close to the baby and my OB doesn't think it will cause any problems. I've stopped bleeding but I'm still spotting. This is becoming routine so I'm trying not to freak out every time I have a big bleed.

Hope you get some good news tomorrow @ktewart!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @yanchuss Whew. I was getting nervous when we hadn't heard from you yet. Thank goodness everything seems to be okay. I'm so sorry that the SCH has gotten bigger though. 
  • When I life's in and saw there were six new postings on this thread,  I got nervous.  I'm glad it's not bad news. 

Congratulations @ebennett1007
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been lurking on this thread for a while, and I thought I'd finally introduce myself and explain my situation. I am need of a little support right now. Around 10 weeks, I was spotting and received an ultrasound which found a small SCH (1 cm by 0.9 cm), received another ultrasound after a gush of red blood and they found that it was now 0.96 cm by 0.24 cm. I thought all was well because at my 12 week scan they said they couldn't see anything, and I just got an ultrasound last Monday at 14 weeks, 2 days, and they said they couldn't see anything. I had specks of red blood over the weekend, so I went in for an ultrasound today and BOOM...SCH is 0.7 cm by 2.5 cm at 15 weeks, 4 days. 

They said that it seems to be in the same place as it was before, though it's longer. They described it as long and skinny. They didn't seem too concerned, but everything has me so confused. How could nothing be there 10 days ago and now it's back and longer than it ever has been? The doctor was very adamant that there's nothing that is done to cause these, but I had a very stressful week and was on the verge of a nervous breakdown on Friday and Saturday. I'm talking full on screaming, crying hysterically, etc. on and off for 2-3 hours for 2 days. My mind keeps telling me that that's what caused it to come back or to get another one or re-open. 

I'm trying to listen to the docs who say not to worry about it at this stage in pregnancy. They'll recheck it at my 20 week scan, and it poses no risks to the baby. I thought I could finally breathe a sigh of relief that everything seemed great at 15 weeks, 4 days, but now I feel like this SCH will make me lose the baby. Any insight/advice/experiences? 
    Me: 27   DH: 28
    Married: November 2015
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • greenbean-2greenbean-2 member
    edited February 2017
    @CallaLily25 I'm sorry you're going through this and that you had such a stressful week last week. My only advice is that if your doctor says not to worry, try to listen. I know it's easier said than done but they have a different perspective on things that seem really scary to us. If you trust your doctor otherwise, trust him/her now. That being said, if you bleed again or something else seems wrong don't hesitate to call your doc. 

Also, 2.5 cm is small compared to the size of your baby right now, so take some comfort in that.

Edited a typo 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @CallaLily30 sorry you've had to join the group, but you really couldn't have found more supportive women! This group has been my saving grace.

I know how terrifying it is knowing you have a hemorrhage, but please trust it's absolutely nothing you did/caused. The stress will only make things harder. The crappiest thing about this condition is that there's no information other than "nothing you did caused it, and there's nothing you/anyone else can do to make the hemorrhage go away", which isn't helpful! Especially if you're like me and like to think we're semi-incontrol of our bodies lol.

I was diagnoes at 6 weeks with an SCH and have been having heavy bleeding pretty much every 2 weeks since then (I'm 15 weeks today and still have my SCH). The ER is my second home now. Your SCH is smaller than mine, and the doctor's still tell me every time I go in that there is no risk to the baby at this stage and that it will likely disappear by 20 weeks. Unfortunately, some women bleed throughout their entire pregnancies. The fact that we are so far along works in our favour. I know it's not as reassuring as knowing the hemorrhage is gone, but try to have faith that we've made it this far and our babies are still continuing to grow and are staying healthy! My OB also suggests counting to 24 weeks as opposed to 40. At 24 weeks, even if the baby is born early, there's a high chance of survival. Obviously this is not ideal, but for me knowing I can make it to 24 weeks is not as scary as thinking I HAVE to make it to 40 weeks.

I'm hoping your SCH will be gone next ultrasound! Keep us updated.

BabyFetus Ticker