July 2017 Moms

Subchorionic Hemorrhage (SCH) Support

Re: Subchorionic Hemorrhage (SCH) Support

• Well...back in ER. I've gone through 2 pads in 40 minutes. My hope is really starting to run out. I don't know how much more I can bleed before it starts affecting the baby.  Really hoping they can do an ultrasound tonight.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oh no @yanchuss! Lots of positive thoughts coming your way. Good luck. I hope you get that (good!) ultrasound to calm your fears. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @yanchuss Not the news I was hoping to see. I'm so sorry. I hope you get good news tonight! Sending creepy internet hugs!
  • @yanchuss I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm hoping baby is snug and happy and the SCH is clearing itself out!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @yanchuss, I am obsessively checking this, praying for good news.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @yanchuss I'm praying for you and your baby. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks everyone. No news yet but still bleeding heavily :( they said it might be another hour or two before they can do an ultrasound. I'm trying to remain hopefully but I'm now bleeding through pads, so it's hard to think everything will be ok. I bled this much at 6 weeks though and baby was ok, so maybe another miracle will happen. Hope you're all doing better! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • THIS F@*!ING PREGNANCY! I'm STILL bleeding through pads, but they did an abdominal ultrasound and saw the baby bouncing around happily. Their machine was too shitty to see anything about the hemorrhage, but they confirmed baby was fine. I have a scheduled ultrasound on Friday and I'm hoping I make it til then. I'm scared by how much blood I'm still losing, but will take comfort in knowing baby is fine for now. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @yanchuss one day at a time...one day at time...happy to hear this update!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @yanchuss I'm glad to hear baby is still doing fine. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hey ladies. I saw two dozen new responses on this thread and got worried ... just wanted to say I'm thinking of you all   @ktewart @dancegurl1118 @yanchuss and I'm so sorry you are going through   this stress during an already nerve wrecking time.... hope everyone gets good news asap! 
  • edited January 2017
    @yanchuss I'm sorry to hear you're still bleeding and not getting a definitive answer on the status of the hemorrhage for a few more days. I totally understand the sneezing thing. I actually sneezed my clot/the rest of the hemorrhage out. So I hope yours also turns into good news. I know it's tough to just sit and wait. But seeing a bouncy babu is a good thing! These little buggers sure do get us stressed before we even meet them!

Edit: words before 8am
  • @yanchuss You cannot catch a break!  That sh*t must be so scary.  Glad to hear baby is doing well.  Take it easy and keep us updated!
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Right?  When we were told I lost the baby on Monday we gently braced my daughter since the D&C was supposed to be an all day event, and then on Tuesday we told her they made a mistake and baby is fine. When I told her I was just going to the dr for a check up yesterday,  she was like "is the baby dead AGAIN?!" @JmU Duuuukes 07 when you passed yours, did you bleed a lot?

I hope everyone else takes comfort in knowing that you can go through 6 pads in 2 hours and your babies can still be fine! Really hope none of your hemorrhages give you guys this many problems! Bleeding has calmed down a lot and I'm on bed rest for at least 2 weeks or until my real doctor tells me otherwise.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @yanchuss I'm glad your baby is doing ok. I'm so sorry for the stress this is causing you and your family. Hang in there. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @yanchuss I'm glad you got good news! I really hope the bleeding stops soon. 
  • @yanchuss, I'm convinced you're carrying Super Baby. You can't catch a break! Maybe the trade off for all the stress will be with world's best sleeper with a super laid back and easy personality, haha. My first was actually like that - super stressful pregnancy (though nothing on par with yours), and he's the easiest baby ever. That's what I'm convinced will happen for you.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks so much for the support everyone. 

@ktewart my husband has named the baby "little ass kicker" for now haha. Did you get any news from your dr yet?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited January 2017
    @yanchuss, since my bleeding is still brown and isn't making it to a pad (it's only there when I use the bathroom), my doctor isn't concerned, especially with the lack of cramping. So we're making sitting right and making sure I don't do too much. It's impossibly hard to sit down and keep still when I have a million and one things to do before my in-laws come to stay for a week. We just got our furniture back three days ago, and settling an entire house before having house guests in three days feels a little impossible right now, considering my exertion restrictions.  :/
    Married 25 May, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ktewart that's great news!! I'm sure it's nothing :)

I totally get how frustrating sitting and doing nothing is, especially when there's so much to do. But just keep reminding yourself the importance of taking it easy right now and how worth it it is for the baby. Can you get friends or family to you set up the furniture?  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Is anyone else irrationally crazy about their stomach being touched with the SCH?

My placenta is anterior so the hemorrhage is pretty close to the surface. Of course I have a 19 month old who doesn't know any better and when she "snuggles" she squirms all over my stomach and kicks it. I feel bad reprimanding her because she doesn't know what she's doing obviously but I'm assuming it should be a real concern based on the force and weight, right?

a dumbass coworker of mine smushed me against a wall with a stretcher yesterday pushing it into my stomach and I had the same thoughts. Neither are with extreme force but I can't imagine it would take much to effect it right?
  • @dancegurl1118 I'm not letting anyone touch my belly either. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dancegurl1118 I hated people touching me even before I was pregnant, but since the hemorrhage I'm super paranoid and want no one near my stomach. My 7 year old kisses my belly lightly every night to say good night/good  morning to baby, but even when she hugs me I tell her to be gentle because I'm so worried. I know it's totally irrational. But considering I bleed every time I friggen move the wrong way, I don't want to take any chances.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @yanchuss sorry just saw your comment to me. Yes, I probably soaked about 4 pads in a 20 minute timeframe. I was convinced it was over. I sneezed (tmi warning) and I was wearing heavy jeans and I soaked them down past my knees, then when I went to the bathroom, I sneezed again, and the clot just kinda slipped out. I thought it was the baby. I'm glad to hear you seem to have a super baby over there! Glad they're hanging on and hope they stop stressing you out soon!
  • I had my check up today and was told I have at least another week of bed rest.  She said it could possibly go a month.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lamphele did it reduce in size at all? Sorry to hear of continued bedrest, but hopefully that means the baby is staying safe and comfortable in there! 
  • @Jmu Duuuukes 07, yes,  she said it's a bit an smaller. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lamphele I'm sorry to hear this.  I hope it keeps getting smaller, and that you can find ways to keep yourself occupied while on bed rest.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lamphele, smaller is improvement, even if it doesn't feel that way! Baby is tucked away safe and sound in there, and bed rest is helping that, even though I know it must be terribly frustrating.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Should I be concerned that I'm not on bedrest? I haven't bled yet so that's probably why. But honestly I don't even think I could possibly be on bed rest; like it is actually impossible financially. I am on pelvic rest which makes me question every time I'm on my feet for a few hours...which is every other day. Anytime I'm off I try and take it easy and spend most of my time on the couch. 
  • @dancegurl1118, I'm not on bedrest either, although I am taking it very easy and am on strict pelvic rest (which my doctor emphasized means just not inserting anything into my vagina, but does NOT mean bedrest). However, the bleeding seems to still be on and off. It had stopped for a couple days, then I bled brown for about a week, and it had stopped again for another couple days, and now I'm back to to pinkish brown discharge. So back to taking it super easy. Sigh.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dancegurl1118 I'm not on bed or pelvic rest and I have not bled either. I have only had cramping and I've been even more tired. 
  • Ok good. Just making sure I'm not doing anything detrimental. This SCH has got me all kinds of crazy...
  • It definitely drives you a little mad. I looked at my husband tonight after I started spotting again and just vented that I am so tired of being afraid to pee and afraid to pick up my son. I literally heard both heartbeats in the mid 150s at 10:00 this morning, and yet I'm bleeding again. This whole ride is enough to completely make a woman go insane. I'm so desperate to start feeling them move so that I can assure myself without the doctor that they are both ok in there. In the mean time, I'm spending as much time off my feet as possible.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dancegurl1118 My doctor put me on bedrest because mine is a large hemorrhage that kinda showed up out of nowhere.  I went in for my first appointment at 9w1d and there wasn't any sign of a issue,  but at 10w0d an 8cm hemorrhage had shown up.  It's now down to 7cm.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • That being said,  it's been a week without bleeding,  so progress! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lamphele yay to no bleeding! 

I've started bleeding, again, today....so back to emerg I go. So happy there's only SIX MORE MONTHS OF THIS
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @yanchuss, it's sad, isn't it, that we are now looking at bleeding as almost more of an annoyance than an emergency? Stay strong, mama. These SCH-es are a bitch, but we're going to get past them with strong babies.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ktewart I am so glad everything is okay! 

@yanchuss I'm so sorrry. I really hope they can refer you to an OB super soon. Your family doc is insane for dragging his feet. 

SCH seriously suck so much. I go back on 1/18 and I'm counting down the days. I'm really hoping it's reabsorbed so I can stop worrying. Even though I haven't bled, I'm still terrified of going to the bathroom and I'm overly sensitive about people touching or bumping my belly. I completely overreacted earlier over a change of a meeting date because I have to now change one of my ultrasounds. This has made me that much crazier. 
  • I'm so sorry you ladies are going through all these scares.  Stay strong and take it one day at a time.  You are all in my prayers. 
    Pregnancy Ticker