July 2017 Moms

Subchorionic Hemorrhage (SCH) Support

Re: Subchorionic Hemorrhage (SCH) Support

• No no no no no.  My heart hurts for you.  I'm so very sorry.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @yanchuss I am so very sorry!! Thinking of you. 
  • I'm so so sorry this is happening to you @yanchuss
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @yanchuss oh god, I'm so sorry...please keep us updated if you can, and we are all wishing to hear good news from you soon. If not, our thoughts are with you! 
  • @yanchuss, oh, my heart hurts, hearing this...I am still praying for and pulling for you. No woman deserves to go through this.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks everyone. I'll keep you posted. I'm such a mess. My step daughters biological mom died in April and she was separated from her half sister after her mom's passing.  This pregnancy has been the first time I've seen her light up again.  She was sooo excited to be a big sister again and kisses my stomach every morning. I think she'll take the news the hardest. I don't know how I'm going to tell her.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @yanchuss OMG so glad the babe is okay!  I can't imagine the stress you are under.  And screw that doctor!!!
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Oh. My. Gosh!!!! What a roller coaster, but so glad you ended up on the good end of the roller coaster! Praying everything sticks and sooo glad you don't have to tell your stepdaughter bad news!
  • @yanchuss, sweet Jesus, this is wonderful, WONDERFUL news to hear, and I am so, SO relieved that you've still got your little bean snuggled away in there, safe and sound! Thank goodness for mommy instincts - I'd be livid about the doctor that was ready to jump the gun as well. Take care of yourself, keep us updated, and know that we're all pulling for you. This kiddo is a fighter already!
    Married 25 May, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks everyone. I am so so so relieved,  but so mad at how negligent that dr was. For now I will count my blessings! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
    ginger1228
  • Wonderful news!!  I am so happy to hear this.  If it were me I would be so beyond angry at the doctor and would make it my mission to get him fired, but maybe you're better at the whole "forgive and forget" thing than I am ;) . Good for you for pushing for the internal ultrasound and advocating for yourself.  Fingers crossed that things get easier for you from here on out. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • OMG!!!! The greatest news ever. You must be a wreck from all this up and down. I am so so so happy that this turned out well...holy crap. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @yanchuss. I am so happy to check in right now and see that awesome news!! I was so heartbroken for you. I'm so happy to see that your baby is still doing well and thank God you didn't take anything or have the DNC!! That doctor is terrible!
  • @yanchuss amazing news!! So so happy for you. Probably best to focus on that but I can't help but feel extremely angry for you at that doctor...it's absolutely irresponsible of him/her to offer d&c or methotrexate without confirming heartbeat and serial hcg . That's literally the definition of what not to do. I kind of want to go yell at that person :O 
    but again the most important thing is baby is ok and that's just wonderful!
  • @yanchuss you made my day when I got on here to check on all of you!
  • @yanchuss Thank God!!!!!! Sooooo happy for you!!
  • @yanchuss that is phenomenal news. Was nervous to check the thread but so so excited for you! I'm not sure what type b of recourse you can have with the first doctor, but I would write everything down and send it to someone! Maybe even just a tear at the heart string letter to the doc so they don't make the same mistake again. So so happy for you!
  • @yanchuss I am so incredibly happy for you! I know EXACTLY how you feel/have been feeling.  As @Cait32 mentioned, I had the same thing happen to me (although I don't have an SCH so my doctor is an even bigger idiot)  but thankfully all is well.  <3

Me: 33 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    DD born 7.27.17

cait32
  • Yes, I'm beyond thrilled my baby is still alive. Definitely wasn't expecting that, but so happy it was good news. Hoping there are no more complications! Thanks everyone!

@GeorgiaWife6912 Isn't it awful!? Some of these doctors need a slap across the head. So glad your little baby is okay, too!

My doctor called back today to tell me I should be on pelvic rest for at least a week, so now it'll give me time to re-watch Seinfeld and force myself to relax. @SpongeWorthy knows what's up, haha.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    KissMeImScottishGeorgiaWife6912dancegurl1118MamaRN13
  • @yanchuss Enjoy it, girl!

Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
    yanchussdancegurl1118MamaRN13bellayepez
  • Well ladies, the tech couldn't for sure tell us anything until the radiologist reads it, but she said she "couldn't see anything extra" so hoping that our babies are safe and sound and have kicked out their SCH friend! 
    PurplePoppy424ginger1228JmUDuuuukes 07ACharnelle
  • Yay, awesome news! And congratulations on twins, that's so exciting!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    ebennett1007
  • greenbean-2greenbean-2 member
    edited January 2017
    Great news! Fingers crossed that you get a good report from the radiologist. 

Edit: typing is hard
    BabyFruit Ticker
    ebennett1007
  • An update: I had a surprise ultrasound at my appointment this morning and baby is looking great with a perfect heartbeat! The SCH is still there, same size as before, but I grilled my doctor about it and she says it's very small, not near the placenta, and she has no worries about it causing risks down the line. She says she sees these all the time in early ultrasounds, and that she expects it to absorb (like a bruise) rather than bleed out. I would feel more relaxed if it had already reabsorbed, but for now I'm going to trust the doctor and enjoy staring at my latest baby picture.  Hope you're all doing well!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    PurplePoppy424GeorgiaWife6912yanchuss
  • Seriously, I'm shaking a major fist and screaming a major F*** YOU to this condition as a whole. Woke up around 1:00 this morning to go pee and was greeted with a toilet bowl full of blood. It's been just over a week since the bleeding stopped for me and now this. It was brownish, not bright red, and I'm hoping the amount is owed to having been horizontal for the past four hours (so, pooling), and since I have no cramping and it SEEMS to not be continuing (still bleeding, but only when I wipe), I'm hoping this is due to having overexerted myself the last day or two with unpacking all our moving boxes and rearranging furniture. The doctor said last week that they could see a pool of old blood, so I'm HOPING maybe that that's this and it's bleeding that out and maybe that will be the end of it because God DAMN this is stressful, to be afraid to pee and yet also be checking every ten minutes.  Can I just live under and ultrasound wand till these babies come out? I'll put in a call to the doctor in the morning, but based on the color and lack of cramping, I'm opting out of running to the emergency room. God help my sanity.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
    ItsnotyourturnGeorgiaWife6912
  • edited January 2017
    *lurking*
    @ktewart, hoping everything is okay.  I don't have sch but having given support on so many posts (I feel like we have so many ladies with them) I want to shake my fist and scream eff you right along side you. 
  • ktewart said:
    Seriously, I'm shaking a major fist and screaming a major F*** YOU to this condition as a whole. Woke up around 1:00 this morning to go pee and was greeted with a toilet bowl full of blood. It's been just over a week since the bleeding stopped for me and now this. It was brownish, not bright red, and I'm hoping the amount is owed to having been horizontal for the past four hours (so, pooling), and since I have no cramping and it SEEMS to not be continuing (still bleeding, but only when I wipe), I'm hoping this is due to having overexerted myself the last day or two with unpacking all our moving boxes and rearranging furniture. The doctor said last week that they could see a pool of old blood, so I'm HOPING maybe that that's this and it's bleeding that out and maybe that will be the end of it because God DAMN this is stressful, to be afraid to pee and yet also be checking every ten minutes.  Can I just live under and ultrasound wand till these babies come out? I'll put in a call to the doctor in the morning, but based on the color and lack of cramping, I'm opting out of running to the emergency room. God help my sanity.

The same thing happened to me on New Years day. The reason was over doing it and being too active. You're farther along than I am, and my doctor told me miscarriaging this late would be really painful and it would be continuous bleeding (bright red, not brown). I am praying for good news for you, but chances are it's nothing!!! So stressful though! :( if you know the hemmorage is still there, my dr also told me to not be alarmed if you see brown blood/small clots as its usually just old blood passing.
    Try to drink lots of water and take it easy and relax more if you can. I've been put on pelvic rest and so far, all bleeding/spotting has stopped. Praying these sch's go away soon! Keep us posted.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @ktewart  **creepy internet hugs** Thinking of you lady! Please keep us updated with what your doctor says! 

Me: 33 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    DD born 7.27.17

• I'm sorry @ktewart. I hope your doctor's office opens soon and you get some reassurance. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Add me to the group guys. Giant SCH behind my placenta that extends all the way to my cervix. They said it's too big to be absorbed and it's a matter of when I bleed not if. 

I'm spiraling into a tizzy because TW TW my sister had a bleed at 16w and another at 18w in which she lost the baby last year TW TW so I'm in no mans land. Ugh. 

@ktewart thinking of you. Fx for a quick reassuring visit. 
  • Oh @dancegurl1118, I'm so sorry you have to join us over here...it's not a club anyone wants to be a part of. Obviously, I'm not sitting pretty and relaxed over here, considering, but the biggest thing that seems to be helping me is rest, rest, rest (which is SO hard, I know), but it was overexerting myself by moving furniture and unpacking that set of this recent round of bleeding and it was resting that stopped it last time. I'm sorry, it is so scary. Know that we are all on your side and your baby's side.

@yanchuss, your comment actually made me feel much better. I had some uncomfortable cramping on Tuesday afternoon, but I was told blood can also be an irritant and cause uterine contractions, so I'm definitely taking it easy. Just knowing that at 14 weeks, something being seriously wrong would probably bring a fair amount of pain is actually a huge relief, considering, so thank you.

And @Itsnotyourturn and @GeorgiaWife6912, your hugs and support mean the world. Thank you.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
    GeorgiaWife6912Itsnotyourturn
  • @dancegurl1118 I don't have any words of wisdom or good coping strategies but I'm sorry you're in this group, and I hope it resolves in the least stressful way possible. My thoughts are with you. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ktewart and @dancegurl1118 I'm so so sorry. All the creepy internet hugs!
  • I'm joining this board now.  I'm 10 weeks and 2 days along.  I'm a teacher,  so I've been on winter break.  I went back to work on Tuesday for a staff development day (no students)  when I got home that evening I had some cramping (sharp stabbing pains along my old c/s scar) and when I went to the restroom I had a slightly pink discharge. I went to lay in bed and at around 11:40 I got up to use the restroom again and had a large gush of bright red blood.  I drove myself to the ER so my husband could stay with our other two kids.  There they did an ultrasound and found the SCH, but also a very strong heartbeat and very active baby.  The bleeding had stopped and they told me to follow up with my doctor the next day.  I went in to the doctor the next day and she showed me the SCH which is the length of the gestational sac. I've been put on bed rest until further notice and go back next Wednesday for another check up.  I've had one more gush of blood since then,  but she told me too expect that and as long as I'm not cramping or getting dizzy,  it should all be fine. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ay yai yai, I feel like SCH-es are rampant for ladies this month! I'm sorry you have to join us here, @lamphele, but so far, there seem to be mostly positive outcomes, so I'm banking on you for that, as well. Plus, there is lots of support coming your way. We'll all get through this!
    Married 25 May, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
    lamphele
  • @lamphele I'm not much of a welcome wagon today because I'm just joining as well. But all the women here have great info, experience, and people to commiserate with. 

Many advice ladies? I haven't bled but have been told to expect it, therefore I wasn't given any info about resting, pelvic rest, etc. The clot ends near my cervix so I'm definitely not having sex. I work in a physically demanding job and am on my feet 13 hours a day 3x a week. There's really no "light work" at my job...what do you think I should do? 
  • I hate this unknown and I'm really missing work (and walking). I hadn't told my principal that I'm pregnant,  so it all came to her as one message.  "Hey Amy, I'm 10 weeks pregnant and I spent all night at the ER due to bleeding and I'm now on bed rest until further notice.  I'll send in sub plans ASAP."  I really miss my students and wonder when I'll get to see them again. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So I just sneezed and had another gush of bright red blood. No cramping or pain, but the colour/amount of blood is concerning. I was in emerg 3 days ago and I'm hoping it's nothing, but if I keep bleeding like this I'll have to go back. This is so nerve racking. I just want to be able to pee without having a mini heart attack.
    BabyFetus Ticker