May 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 10/17

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/17

• @Jenshoes I am irritable too! I'm a nurse so I need to show compassion at work but sometimes I'm just annoyed and tired! So I'm on my best behavior at work and then bitchy when I get home. Haha. My poor husband and kids!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @CarmCeG  Boudoir maternity photos seem awkward at best. If I'm going to have my picture taken in lingerie, I don't want the baby to also be in the picture.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @CarmCeG I would do those photos pregnant if I felt not too self conscious! I did one not pregnant a few years ago and it was fun! I love boudoir photos because they're tasteful but yet sexy at the same time. It's definitely fun!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Luckyu317Luckyu317 member
    edited October 2016
    Headaches suck. I've had the same TB photo for...2 years maybe? I feel like a bottomless pit. TB hates me, and makes all of my text runs together. Also it doesn't always publish everything I type. I should post my fffc here, because I'll forget them by Friday.
  • Yes! Headaches! I'm 11w5d and have had one every day this week. 

My my complaint for today if about homeopathic medicine. If you love it and it works for you - awesome. Just not for me! 
  • Yes headaches! I'm currently sipping on a delicious Coke trying to get rid of it, I'm allergic to acetaminophen so I'm pretty screwed it the headache department during pregnancy.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• So my husband and I live in a pretty small house. It has no pantry, no closet space (literally we have boxes of clothes under our bed, a dresser, and the rest are boxed in the attic so we rotate clothes), 3 bedrooms and no bonus or playroom type area. It also is kind of a split level and has an annoying brick fireplace that our DD tries to climb all over all the time. Also, I don't have a bathtub, which is obviously a luxury item but I desperately want one. The school district is also GARBAGE so we considered private but for three that will be crazy expensive. Anyway now that we are expecting twins (we never planned to have three in this house) we feel an urgent need to move. I want to do the nesting and everything in the new house so it can be done when I'm useless for the 8 weeks after a csection. But, it's tricky because my parents love our house and due to my moms health issues, would like a smaller house so they want to buy ours. That is super convenient and saves us on realtor fees, however, they can't buy until "late spring or summer." My OB isn't letting us go past May 1. I don't want to lose the 8 grand on realtor fees, but I'm trying to get out of here like yesterday.  What would y'all do? Go ahead and list and move or wait? 
  • @jkp7749 - This is tough- could you push your parents and saying you need to be out sooner or maybe even rent for a few months that way you can save up some extra cash. We moved two weeks before my due date with DD#2.  We had to move in with my inlaws for a bit while our new home was being built. IT certainly was not ideal at the time. It was especially hard emotionally but ultimately was the best choice for our family. 
  • Jkp7749 , that's a tough call. Agreed with MamaMiller that maybe if you could do a 6 month rental situation you could bridge the gap between when you move and when your parents buy? 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • megchelle said:
    @CarmCeG I would do those photos pregnant if I felt not too self conscious! I did one not pregnant a few years ago and it was fun! I love boudoir photos because they're tasteful but yet sexy at the same time. It's definitely fun!

@Abby7 I understand what you mean, they're not always in lingerie. Wear what you feel comfortable in. My friend was a little self conscious, but her husband helped her find a huge white sash! She looked like an absolute goddess in her black and white photos!! :D

I told my mom about it and she said she didn't think it was appropriate for a pregnant women. I think they're fun. :)

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• I made the mistake of putting the candy for trick-or-treaters out in the bowl, now I feel like GIVE ME ALL THE CANDY! And not the chocolate ones, the sweet/sour ones! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • I seriously think I am growing an Olympian in my uterus...he/she is sucking the energy right out of me and he/she's sisters are finishing me off in the evening. Hubby comes home to a disgusting house and a crabby, hormonal witch for a wife. At least dinner is usually ready because all I can think about is food.

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • I seriously think I am growing an Olympian in my uterus...he/she is sucking the energy right out of me and he/she's sisters are finishing me off in the evening. Hubby comes home to a disgusting house and a crabby, hormonal witch for a wife. At least dinner is usually ready because all I can think about is food.
    I swear you just described my current situation and house. I have absolutely NO energy or motivation. My house hasn't been this disorganized in forever and my husband probably thinks I've gone off the deep end! Between running my two girls to school, gymnastics, or swim, I have no energy left! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @CarmCeG A friend of mine had boudoir maternity photos taken. She wore see-through lingerie, so it left nothing to the imagination... but then she posted them on FACEBOOK. And I got a text from my dad, who is FB friends with her too, that said "[Your friend] posted some very interesting photos on facebook" LOL 

Anyway, this was just a funny story because of how awkward I felt because my dad saw the photos.  :p
  • @ScientistShesus a girl I went to high school with just posted her maternity boudoir photos on Facebook too! I can't believe anyone would feel the need to share those with the world but I guess more power to them. 

@CarmCeG I had boudoir photos done before my wedding, as a gift to MH. I liked that they made me feel beautiful but I don't think I'd enjoy them as much if I was scrutinizing how I looked pregnant (which I totally would be doing).

Anyone else having completely insane dreams!? So far I've dreamt about doughnuts, my best friend kid napping me, and some adventure that included a turkey sandwich. MH thinks I am losing my mind! :lol:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @NurseK2016 yes the dreams OMG.  Doughnuts and turkey sandwiches...lol!!  

So far I've dreamed about having to give our baby to the dragon that controls Rhode Island before we can move there.  No worries though because after you move in they give you another baby.  I also have dreamt about getting back together with my XH for the last week.  We've been divorced for 6 year's.  I would never get back together with him.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• @JonesBaby0624 I have had a weird dream about an ex last week too! Like where the heck did that come from?! I don't remember my dreams being this crazy or vivid with my last two DDs. 

On another note, I'm so sick of the rain! I don't remember the last day it hasn't rained which is super depressing for this Arizona girl. Living in the PNW is taking some major getting used to and I know the rainy season just started. It doesn't help with my lack of motivation either when all I want to do is cuddle up on the couch on rainy days! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • JonesBaby0624JonesBaby0624 member
    edited October 2016
    @h&amp;p_momma it's really weird.  I always have bizarre dreams with pregnancy but never about my XH.  I will take your rain and you can have our heat and drought.  We will welcome November in the 80's this year.  It's insane.

My fiancé lives in the NE and he is sick of the rain there too.

• The dreams!!! I have always been a person with vivid dreams that I tend to remember. But lately they have been on a whole new level!! I can't even believe it. Luckily so far no stressful dreams about the baby hardly - except I dreamed I went back to HS and everyone wanted to throw me a shower (I guess my friends were still in HS) but I wasn't registered yet. What a weird thing our hormones are doing! 
  • omg, that SUCKS. I dont know what I'd do. Having headaches is just part of being me and being pregnant has made them words. Tylenol kind of sucks, but definitely better than nothing.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • So I know that some cramping is ok, and I've had some days where I have random cramping.
    But today it has been more intense, kind of all day long (on and off but pretty much all day), I don't have any bleeding.  This is my first pregnancy, so I'm still pretty nervous about everything.  I'm 8 weeks 4 days today.
    Is this anything to worry about? At what point might I call my ob?
  • JonesBaby0624JonesBaby0624 member
    edited October 2016
    @Jenshoes I would call the OB.  Since there is now bleeding or spotting, it is probably just stretching and/or RLP.  It could be both combined, which is making it feel more painful.  If you are able I would lay down, put your feet up, and start drinking A LOT of water.  That is probably what your OB will tell you to do.  I don't think you should really worry, at this point, but I would call the OB, so they know what is going on and take their advice.

I hope all is well.  Please let keep me updated!

ETA: because Englishing is hard today!

• @Jenshoes My OB office has a "call us about anything" policy, I wonder about yours? My advice is to follow your instincts and if something feels "off" then call and talk to somebody about it. It's better to ask and get solid advice than spend the next 12-18-24 hours nerve-wracked and worried and anxious. Maybe call this afternoon, while the office is still open, to gain some peace of mind (although, there's often a nurse on-call to chat with, right? so you could wait it out, see how you feel this evening, see if things calm down... and call later on if need be...). The knowing vs. the worrying could be adding undue stress, also, and I figure, a little knowledge/advice/feedback/reassurance from a reputable source could go miles in easing your worry. Good luck!
  • P.S. I think extra bouts of worry and questions and concerns is par for the course with first-timers (frankly with anyone) so your phone call would be expected and handled without issue. It's part of their job, to address your concerns, so I wouldn't hesitate to make the call.   :)  Hang in there.
  • I agree @Jenshoes - go ahead and call. I've had days with lots of cramping and it seems to be the days I overdo it or don't get enough water. Dehydration can cause "contractions" so definitely down some water and try to relax. But it's always better to let your office know. Otherwise you'll regret it tonight when they're closed! A general rule is that cramping about menstrual-level is ok but anything that doubles you over is enough to investigate further. :) FX everything stays good!
  • Jenshoes said:
    So I know that some cramping is ok, and I've had some days where I have random cramping.
    But today it has been more intense, kind of all day long (on and off but pretty much all day), I don't have any bleeding.  This is my first pregnancy, so I'm still pretty nervous about everything.  I'm 8 weeks 4 days today.
    Is this anything to worry about? At what point might I call my ob?
    You may also have to poop/pass gas. TMI but yesterday I thought I was dying. My worst cramping is always attribute to poop/gas. 

FX it isn't anything serious. I have a nurse line I can call 24/7. Don't feel silly about calling. My first pregnancy I went to the ER because of major pain and it was just RLP but I didn't even know what that was at the time so I had no idea.
  • I think you made the right choice. Get someone on the phone. Keep us posted!
  • I'm glad you called!  You'd always rather call and find out that there's no big problem than to not call and find out the hard way that there is a big problem!  (Same holds true for the pediatrician when little one is born ;).) 
  • Jenshoes said:
    @JonesBaby0624 @SKZW @ShadeofGreen816 @bacorrea Thank you for the advice.  I unfortunately had clients up until a few minutes ago, so the office was closed, but I did call the 24 hour line and I'm waiting to hear back from the Dr on call. 
    I guess I'd rather be annoying to them, and feel reassured, then feel like I'm going crazy all night
    So I never got a call back last night which REALLY pissed me off. So I called again this morning to complain and to talk about my symptoms, and they said it might not be normal so I have an appt today at 1:30 :(
  • Jenshoes said:
    Jenshoes said:
    @JonesBaby0624 @SKZW @ShadeofGreen816 @bacorrea Thank you for the advice.  I unfortunately had clients up until a few minutes ago, so the office was closed, but I did call the 24 hour line and I'm waiting to hear back from the Dr on call. 
    I guess I'd rather be annoying to them, and feel reassured, then feel like I'm going crazy all night
    So I never got a call back last night which REALLY pissed me off. So I called again this morning to complain and to talk about my symptoms, and they said it might not be normal so I have an appt today at 1:30 :(
    I've got my fingers crossed that it's normal! I actually think it's great that they're taking you seriously and getting you in. Not calling you back isn't cool. But I hope you end up with just a good update this afternoon.
    Me: 33   DH: 42
    DD: 6
    DS: 2
  • @Jenshoes so sorry they didn't call you back.  I'm glad they are getting you in to see what is going on.  Praying for you, baby, and a good report!!  Please keep us updated!! 

• Oh boy am I struggling over here. I'm 8w2d and so sick. This is baby number 2 and while I was unwell last time too this is worse especially when compounded with the guilt of feeling like my one year old is bored and frustrated with our main activity being me following him into different rooms and laying on the floor. All I want to do is sleep and complain and meanwhile the house is a mess, we eat mac and cheese everyday and no one has any underwear because I can't work up the energy to bring the laundry downstairs. I really am happy to be pregnant and I know that it's so worth every bit of discomfort but at the same time oh my gosh I hate this. 
  • Oh man yes the dreams have been so bizarre! I promise I'm not crazy, but last night I dreamed that my doctor told me I needed to practice breastfeeding on my cat....... 

Wha???!
    @CherylE418 literally LOL'd! I needed this! I'm soooooo drained at work right now

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @jenshoes glad to hear it!! ♥️
  • @Jenshoes thank goodness!!  What a relief.  I'm glad you got to see the doc and get reassurance.  Sounds like a good strong heartbeat!!  So happy for you!  :)

• I had the strangest dream last night, too! I was living at Kim Kardashian's house and it was infested with cockroaches and wasps and fleas. I was so relieved when I woke up!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Random- I may actually kill my husband. I am unsure if I am hormonal and crazy of this is a legit justifiable homicide situation. Thoughts?
    We were not going to tell anyone about the pregnancy until 12 weeks but turns out he told his blabber mouth brother who just got hired by my work a couple of months ago. Brother in law has now told someone at work that I am pregnant- when I have told no one and certainly not my bosses. It got back to me- I want husband to now call and tell all of his elderly relatives who are going to be seriously peeved if they don't hear this from us- but!- he says he is tired and will do it tomorrow...