October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 10.10.16

Re: Weekly Randoms 10.10.16

• Options
    @ibabyloveb87  Sorry that you guys are going through this rough patch! Hopefully that will make having little babe that much more precious. 
  • Options
    @ibabyloveb87 I'm so sorry for what your family is going through right now- how heartbreaking  :'( I lost my dad to Alzheimer's- it is a terrible disease. He passed away when DD1 was three months old. She definitely did act as a happy distraction and some much needed love and snuggles during a dark time. Your LO will do the same for everyone you're around! Take care!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ibabyloveb87 my grandmother's sister recently passed unexpectedly, and my grandfather has been battling Alzheimer's for the last ten years. She cares for him at home and how he is still hanging on is beyond me. No real insight to share, but just wanted to offer sympathy and hugs. 
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @Kaessi my weight gain has stalled the last month, so I figure anything extra is just a bonus for our babies, right? I'm right there with you on the F it train. Thank goodness I don't have GD!
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @ibabyloveb87 I'm very sorry to hear of the difficult time you're going through. Good vibes being sent your way.

@Kaytee1087 I still can't believe he came out of me and that I made him. All I know is they put up a sheet and 15 minutes later they handed me a baby!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @F47 weird! I've been totally craving peanut butter lately too. Similar meal plan today also haha
  • Options
    I wanted a brownie with ice cream on it for dinner but instead made a "gourmet" meal of scrambled eggs and toast(figured I should get some protein in)...the brownie will be had shortly tho. This is my life as I wait around for baby and I don't even feel guilty   :p
  • Options
    Good old PP hormones are giving me trouble tonight. I had my tubes removed in my c section for a variety of reasons we have to be done having babies. Bad thing is both me and my husband are feeling horribly sad about it. This baby has been so so so amazing and happy that it makes me want another already so bad. But my c sections are really really hard on me and this one has been no joke in regards to the pain, I just know I cannot put my body through another. But my god I just want one more baby, and it breaks my heart. It's not a fun position to be in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @bnsmith85 That is some serious bizznitchery...
  • Options
    @Schell2013 I can't begin to understand what you must be feeling or going through in that regard, but I'm sending you all the good vibes and creepy Internet hugs  <3 
  • Options
    @Schell2013 I'm sorry you're feeling sad about your decision. Sending you positive thoughts! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Schell2013 I'm so sorry you're sad.  It sounds like the right choice for you, but that doesn't make it any less difficult.
  • Options
    Lots of hugs @Schell2013
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    @kittens22 I have a great relationship with my in laws and Hs extended family! His mother is not over bearing, listens to what I want when it comes to taking care of my son. We talk pretty much every day.

@schell2013 I'm sorry for what you are going through- pP horomones are the worst and remember you made this decision because it's the best one for you and before all these hormones started flowing!  
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I almost wonder if I'm the type of person who would just never have that done feeling anyways. It is really nice to have the support from you ladies, I don't know what I would do without it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @schell2013 I think right after you have a baby you're just in that awe of how amazing it is. I am also getting my tubes tied during this c section- and am scared i am going to feel the same way. But then I think about how easy DS is right now and how Nice it will be to have two boys, and while the newborn stage is amazing it's really hard! 
  • Options
    @Schell2013 I understand feeling that way. Right after I had DS was when I most wanted anther baby. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that. 

Today is DS's 6th birthday and we took him to the amusement park as it was what he wanted, but I'm not sure I'll be able to stand up tomorrow. He had a blast though! 

• Options
    I'm not sure where to put this, so I'll put it here. I'm dealing with some mom guilt today.

Wade is still in the NICU, doing absolutely the best we could hope for, feeding has increased from 10ml every 3 hours on Friday to 40ml every 3 hours by tonight and we should be able to try actual breastfeeding tomorrow (!), but DH had a flare up of his vomiting episodes this afternoon (he's much better now after a nap), and with DD here at home we decided not to go back up to the hospital tonight. I know I'm home where I need to be to rest, and so is DH and DD, but I still feel like I should have spent more time with my little guy than the like 2.5 hours we were there this morning. I hate this being torn in 2 thing. I know Wade will be home soon and that this won't last forever, it just sucks right now I wanted to be sad about it... 
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • Options
    Hugs @Kaytee1087! This too shall pass. I'm glad Wade is doing well! 
  • Options
    @Kaytee1087 That has to be so hard. Hang in there, you'll all be in one place soon. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry @Kaytee1087. It's ok & understandable to be sad. Lots of hugs to you.
  • Options
    @Kaytee1087 I'm sorry.  mom guilt is hard to overcome, but I hope you don't feel too bad about doing what you need to do for your family.  You'll probably have a better experience breastfeeding tomorrow if you're well-rested.  Wade sounds like he's getting great care.
  • Options
    I'm a lurker from Feb 17 and I have a question for @heatherperkins14. I just read your delivery story and omg! I'm so glad you're okay! I can't believe you went through all that.  But I can't help asking, why did the doctor allow you to vaginally deliver a 10lb baby? Did he not know what the size was going to be? I'm a FTM and reading your story has baffled me. You're a hero, though!! I hope you recover very fast and with ease! Thoughts and prayers to you and your adorable baby!

• Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited October 2016
    @AfKash- I'm also a FTM but I'm pretty sure they'll always let you vaginally deliver a 10 lb baby as long as there's no other indications not to. Also, from what I read, it doesn't appear that the size of the baby had anything to do with the really serious things that occurred after her delivery.
  • Options
    @AfKash I'm gonna second what @bnsmith85 said about the big baby delivery. I've had a friend deliver a baby that was under 6 pounds and hemorrhage. It had to do with her placenta too. This is one of my biggest fears and I'm glad to see that everyone is recovering well afterwards. 

@heatherperkins14 Glad you're ok and congratulations! 
  • Options
    also i don't think they know the exact size of the baby before it comes out...my best friend vaginally delivered both of her almost 10lb babies 
  • Options
    Thank you for your responses, ladies.  But she got a 4th degree tear! Yes, the hemorrhaging was due to the placenta but the tear, at least? This is definitely something I'm going to have to ask my own OB at my next visit.  

• Options
    Yea glad you're okay @heatherperkins14, how scary! Congrats 
  • Options
    Yeeeah... tears are so much more minor than a c-section. So I'm not sure what your point is there. Am I missing something? @AfKash
  • Options
    Andplusalso... on of the OB's an my practice said that something like 90% of FTMs tear... so there's always that to look fwd to. 
  • Options
    @afkash you realize basically everyone gets some type of tear during a natural birth right? if you lurked hard enough you'd see that some people got 4th degree tears and they had babies of "normal" weight also. 
  • Options
    Hugs to you @Kaytee1087 ! I second what PP have said, I hope you don't feel too guilty for doing what you have to do! 
  • Options
    No, I didn't realize that.  My BMB board just informed me of this, too. I mean, I knew that you can tear somewhat with a normal size baby but she got a 4th degree tear and I know that's so much worse.  So that's why I was confused. Some ladies just told me how they tore pretty bad even with normal size babies.  Thank you, though, ladies! I appreciate everyone's input!

• Options
    @AfKash I had 4th degree tearing with my first and he was only 7 lbs 10 oz.  in my case, I think it was because it happened so fast that my body didn't have time to stretch.