October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 10.10.16

1235»

Re: Weekly Randoms 10.10.16

• Options
    I had a retained placenta with my first and I was TERRIFIED of it happening again. They had tried to manually remove but changed to the d&c before I lost too much blood. This time I was honestly so afraid that after I gave birth I had my dh do skin to skin because I was so anxious I was shaking (and you know hormones). The midwife put me on pit to help and luckily within a half an hour I was able to deliver the placenta in one piece. I was so relieved I could have cried. @heatherperkins14 I hope you are all right, that is a crazy scary thing!

@Kaytee1087 *hugs* That must be terribly difficult. Everyone needs you but there is only one you! Hopefully everyone will feel better soon. Hang in there mama. 
  • Options
    @heatherperkins14 So happy all is well now! Congratulations to you mama!

@AfKash Whether or not you or anybody else tears during delivery has way more to do with the elasticity of your own skin/vagina than the size of the baby. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel so out of touch!!!  I went back 3 pages and tried to catch up.. 

@ibabyloveb87, sorry your family is going through a rough time. :( 

@Schell2013, if baby hadn't turned and I was going in for a C section, I signed the paper saying I wanted my tubes tied. I didn't end up getting a C section, so now DH is getting a vasectomy instead. Its mixed feelings, but I know ultimately it's the right decision. Coupled with hormones dropping, I can understand why it's been so hard on you. Hugs friend. 

@Kaytee1087, I can only imagine what you're going through. I'm so sorry love. I hope wade can come home soon!! 
  • Options
    Also catching up...

Congrats @heatherperkins14 and all my well wishes for a speedy recovery <3

I had a retained placenta with both my 24 week loss as well as my son. In fact I was shocked that it didn't happen again with this LO. With my loss they did a d&c for the placenta, and I actually healed really fast. With DS the OB went in manually for the missing pieces and I bled heavily and FOREVER, almost 8 weeks. I wish they would have done the d&c. 

Re: tearing, aside from skin elasticity, bad tears also occur with imminent (fast) labor, as well as pushing too hard while birthing the shoulders, or with non favorable fetal position.