February 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (10/2)

Re: Weekly Randoms (10/2)

• Options
    Reefs are like a memory foam mattress for your feet. 
    I don't think my flip flops OR feet are dirty. 
  • Options
    kirstynikolekirstynikole member
    edited October 2016
    I was just about to say pretty much the only flip flops I wear are reefs and rainbows due to their built in arch support. That being said, I'm in flip flops about 70% of the time! I have a few pair of Toms, flats in my go to tan or black, and then a few pairs of boots. I definitely have a limited shoe wardrobe but I'm ok with that! My favorites are my MK tan leather flats. I wear those bishes pretty much anytime I'm not in flip flops. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    skiingstarkskiingstark member
    edited October 2016
    AfKash said:
    @marriedhamstermom since you asked.....I used to wear flip flops with jeans all the time.  
    About 2 years ago I completely stopped wearing flip flops. It just hit me one day, how dirty and unsafe they are.  Not to mention the lack of support for your feet. 
    Thank god for flats because those are all I wear now! Especially well built, comfy, supportive flats. 
    If you get good flip flops they support your feet well. I have expensive ones that have all the arch support and traction that a shoe would give. The only support it is missing is ankle but most shoes do not give that anyways :)

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Options
    True, but they're also just very dirty. I'm thinking of all the germs my feet have picked up on my walking expeditions.  

• Options
    I cannot find any flats that are actually comfortable. They either flap off the back or dig into my heels. But I wear flip flops at all times until it's way too cold, then I wear mostly ankle height booties. The only reason I tolerate cold weather at all is because I love my cold weather shoes and clothes lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Man feet in flip flops and jeans is gross
    My bil shaves off his hairy toe knuckles, among other slightly questionable in my book, things. And he wears flip flops. It weirds me out when he wears them, because I've seen how much work he puts into his feet "looking nice" lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My husband has never owned flip flops. 
  • Options
    My husband pretty much only wears flip flops. 

• Options
    Whilst we dont have the problem of uggs with bare legs & shorts here cause it simply isnt warm enough ever, there are a lot of cheap knock off versions that end up looking attrocious (see pic below) as the real ones are prob about double the price here that they are in the US.
    i will say that in the middle of winter i wear uggs when im walking from the car to work (about 10-15 min walk) cause theyre warm & comfy & then change into proper shoes when i get into the office. 

• Options
    Yikes! Those people need some major ankle support!

• Options
    @kswiger06 unless a man has like overly designed eyebrows I will never judge any effort put into manscaping 
  • Options
    kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited October 2016
    @PerraSucia I had mixed feelings on it when I first saw him groom himself into perfection. "We all temporarily lived in their dad's house together" but because I've seen all his look good tricks, that's all I look for when I see him wearing various things. Like his toes which are always hairless... he also shaves his wrist that he wears a watch on so it doesn't pull the hair out. And he shaves the backs of his hands. Because he thinks they are too hairy. There are other things but I found those to be the oddest. I don't think I've ever noticed those things on men in general. 

He does pluck his eyebrows too but not overly done. I'm 100% for getting rid of the unibrow lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hunters with the fleece lining are warmer than uggs
  • Options
    My baby shower is in 2 days.  I have no idea what the hell I'm wearing.  

• Options
    Hunters are better looking than Uggs, but still not cute. 
  • Options
    Boo. Ugh boots (autocorrect stays) are slippers, not fashun. Basic betches in my neck of the woods wear them in the winter; their feet freeze because the boots aren't waterproof (BECAUSE SLIPPERS) and the boots get wrecked from all the snow and salt. 
    Yeah. All of this. I had one pair in college but never again. They're very comfy but not practical for temperate climates. 
  • Options
    Hunters are better looking than Uggs, but still not cute. 
    Oh no you didn't!!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I hate wearing flip flops.. the only time I wear them is when washing my car since my feet will get wet anyways. I'm usually wearing Toms or Vans. 
  • Options
    everyone should totally wear vans. 
  • Options
    Not an Ugg boot fan either, only pair I have ever owned are the knit ones and find them overall pointless.  They are winter boots you can't wear in the snow!  I love my Sorel Joan of Arctic boot for winter and we get plenty of snow so they get worn all the time.  And they pair great with skinny jeans or leggings.  Wouldn't wear them for a full day of walking but they work great for commuting to work and playing in the snow.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @scottipino best. boots. ever. Tied with the shearling lined L.L. Bean duck boots. 
  • Options
    I pretty much own flip flops, dress flats for the office, and boat shoes. I have a couple pairs of nice dressy boots that see use 1.5 months of the year.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    Speaking of Uggs, please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this looks ridiculous.  No shorts and Ugg boots!

AW-FUL
    J (Ma--I'm the one posting) & E (Mommy--I'm the one carrying)

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I agree no uggs and shorts. What is people's opinion on flip flops and jeans? 

I wear flip flops and jeans all the time since I love being barefoot but can't really be barefoot at work where I also have to wear long pants. Then one day the radio show host I listen to on my way to work was complaining about ppl who do that. His view was it looks ridiculous to wear them with long pants. 
    You can wear flip flops with anything. Seriously. 

• Options
    Uggs are made for dry snow that is why. All you humid snow people it will not work and just soak through. But in dry snow it is perfect :)

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Options
    I love flip flops with jeans, my Sanuk Yoga Slings have been my favorites the past two years.  I have Bearpaws that are a cheaper version of Uggs that I wear all winter.   What I am always stuck on is what to wear with socks that are not boots.  
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I bought the Sanuk Yoga Slings at the recommendation of my last BMB because that were the only thing that could contain my swollen pre-e feet.  I liked them since everything else was torture, but never really wore them after pregnancy.  

This summer DH convinced me to try a pair of birks and I am a full on convert. They are amazing and I highly recommend. Which brings me to my question - socks and birks in the fall? Is this a thing?  Or only for 20yo stoners and not for 32yo preggos?  
  • Options
    Oh my god, you guys, I just saw this video of a girl getting a doll with one leg, like her. Apparently it made the rounds back in June, but I completely missed it. I can't link directly to the vid, because it's a FB post and I don't have the FB, but I just flat out happy bawled on my couch. If anyone is interested, here's the link.

• Options
    Haha! Just putting out the feelers and this seems like a pretty strong no. My group text had the same response. Pinterest lead me astray making me think this was going to socially acceptable. The internet lies! 
  • Options
    What are birks? I'm out of the comfy sandal loop
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my god, you guys, I just saw this video of a girl getting a doll with one leg, like her. Apparently it made the rounds back in June, but I completely missed it. I can't link directly to the vid, because it's a FB post and I don't have the FB, but I just flat out happy bawled on my couch. If anyone is interested, here's the link.

That video was amazing, I'm so glad you brought it back to my attention. 

• Options
    What are birks? I'm out of the comfy sandal loop
    Birkenstock sandals?  They appeal to the hippie college crowd for sure.  I was very anti birk because they really aren't cute but damn are they comfy. I'm talking sneaker-level support.  But since I live in PA and don't pass for a college student anymore, I will put away my dreams of extending their life into the winter by wearing them with socks. Outside the house anyways.
  • Options
    i don't do it. but birks in general and also birks w/ socks are def a fashion forward thing here in NYC. 

thats probably why @ohstars saw it on pinterest. high end designers are even making their own versions of birks. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17