May 2017 Moms

UNPOPULAR OPINION THURSDAY!

2»

Re: UNPOPULAR OPINION THURSDAY!

• @MoshiMoshi7 me too!! My mom made us get a manual as a first car so we would have to learn. At first i HATED it, but now i really miss it. It was so much fun to drive!
    Me: 30  DH: 31
    Married 2010
    TTC since Nov. 2015
    BFP#1: 2/8/16
    MC: 3/19/16  :'(
    BFP#2: 9/3/16   EDD: 5/17/17

mommy to the cutest rescue mutt ever.
    my chart
  • Loading the player...
  • I will learn to GIF one of these days! But for now bring on all that snark ladies!!!!! Cannot wait until this board livens up a bit. 

• I don't know, it seems like there are already a  ton of organized threads based on the pinned post we have near the top.  Honestly I think it gets a bit boring if every person has to fit their post or question into some other existing thread just to avoid snarky responses.  I was on TTGP a few years ago and there were many more individual threads at that time.  Now you post in waiting to O, two week wait, or one of a handful of weekly group threads and that's it.  Pretty slow compared to what it used to be. 

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot , I'm right there with you re: the assumed intelligence of some of my "friends" based on their vocal political opinions. When it's a family member, I find myself tracing back the family tree to figure out exactly how closely related I am to them and how their genes could play into my offspring. I also judge people's intelligence based on the quality of the news source they quote...just because someone published it on the internet, doesn't mean it was researched or accurate. And just because it came from a "reputable" news source doesn't mean the conclusions are always sound or based in logic and supported by fact. Speculation and opinions are NOT FACTS.  
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • slam1110 said:
    @vrj0522 I just have to say that every time I see your avatar, it looks like a balding man in a pink suit. So that is what I picture you look like now...you're welcome. ;)
    Me too! Lol. Is that not what her avatar is? I'm on mobile and its SO small.

I'm also kind of waiting around for the board to get its footing before posting. i just don't feel like I have anything to contribute to most of the discussion.

hahaha! Its girl sticking her tongue out. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• @kipperoo - I'm with you on the maternity pictures!!! All of them, really, but especially the ones that just feel like a desperate plea for someone to tell you how great you look!

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • @vrj0522 I see it now haha. Her bangs threw me off so much lol.
    Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • I'm glad this post has added clarification to past posts. There have been some that I thought of participating on, but it wasnt "that day" anymore, so I didn't. 

My UO, I don't like bridal parties. I think it's a waste of money and that the added commitments and little tasks are not worth the stress. Reflecting on the times I've been a bridesmaid, I just wish I could have sat down and been able to see both the bride and groom (not just one, from the side), and enjoy the ceremony. 
  • I've also got the 6yo and the 2yo belly! Does that make it 8 technically therefore making it look like I'm smuggling an 8yo child?
    Me: 33   DH: 42
    DD: 6
    DS: 2
  • NurseK2016NurseK2016 member
    edited September 2016
    Woah! Busy day at work today and it looks like I've missed a ton!! :smirk: loving all the snark, it makes things much more entertaining!

ETA a GIF
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tumbleweed on the wedding theme I hate bridal showers and engagement parties. I love a reason to get together but hate that every other weekend I'm headed out looking for a present for something!

I'm probably just sick of it because I'm at the age where all my friends are getting houses, getting married, having babies and it seems like a never ending cycle of gift giving (although I don't mind buying gifts for baby showers!) I didn't even like my own bridal shower and refused an engagement party. 
  • @Amybee5, I love hosting parties, so I did enjoy throwing my BFF a bridal shower. I'd just prefer if people sign up for doing the wedding tasks, if they want to, and not have all these titles and other obligations. That sucks that you had to suffer through a bridal shower when it isn't your thing.  :/
  • So...guilty on posting my worries and asking for anyone's positive outcome to a similar situation. I totally get that no one knows how my situation will turn out but really just looking for some positive reinforcement. Does that make me speshul? ;)

I'm also looking forward to more snark! 

My UO opinion is you should turn the tv off when you have company over for dinner or otherwise. I hate it when we go to a friend's house and the tv is on distracting from conversations the whole time. The exception to this being if a game is on that people are watching.
  • @champhe I totally agree with that. I'm one of those people who gets so distracted when a tv is on anywhere near me lol. I will literally trail off in the middle of a sentence and just stare at the tv blankly not even watching it. I don't know why because I don't even watch that much TV. DH pauses the TV every time I start talking lol
    Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • @Luckyu317- Vaguebooking is the worst! One of my sisters does it all the time. I never comment on it. It's like people are just fishing for attention. If you don't want to put it on social media, then don't put it on social media. Ignoring it might make me look like I don't care (because often other family members will try to pry it out of her, or offer sympathies), but she has my number if she really needs my help. 
  • SaVi925 said:
    My UO- I roll my eyes super hard when other people think they are "showing" at only 5 weeks. Girl, that is some Taco Bell and gas. Not your little Appleseed. You are b-l-o-a-t-e-d. 
    YESSSSS! I posted a pic in my July 2014 group and titled it "my baby bloat". I've had coworkers say "omg you're showing already!" And I responded "nope, just some gas!" 
  • @SparkySunDevil One of my coworkers was like I could totally tell your pregnant I was looking at your belly last week... I was like ummm my baby is 4 weeks old ( I have to tell real early I work in radiation ) and why are you looking at my belly ever? You are seeing my 1 year old baby bump lol I was kinda offended honestly 

@Kipperoo baby photography is creepy and it does look like they are dead. Naked pale dead babies and it grosses me out. Like when they are propped on a hat or something its weird. 

I did mention on the board organization post that I am from Sept 15 where we didn't have any of these weekly posts, where we had 2xs the amount of posts as the Aug 15. I am enjoying these weekly posts and even though I advocated for less organization I feel this board is nice and kinda 50 50 in the organization. I have not posted anything individual because I didn't feel I needed anything other than what was already on here.

Don't worry ladies just wait till the we get into fights about invitation etiquette who should host etc. There will be snark. I feel like most of us are just living in the bliss of having become pregnant and not worrying about anything else and not really wanting to rock the boat or get into fights.  

I think my UO for this week is I hate GIFs unless they are specific to the situation. If there is a certain same GIF on all your posts and it just repeats over and over as I am reading on here I get very distracted and have to roll the page around so I don't see it. 
  • @Yiggle09 oh, on same note sort of, I don't like big signatures and especially with a lot of or large pictures.
  • I've been on a few previous boards and I previously felt like I immediately had "friends". This board I feel like I'm often lurking, my biggest connection is with the all the concerns and losses, since I previously had 2. AlthoughI'm empathetic and so sad for these women, and willing to talk/ give advice.  I'm finding it's giving me anxiety, I'm missing the more joyful/ fun posts and I'm not as eager to check the board. This thread has been by far the best yet! 
    @cubslove12 I must say that I agree with you. I totally empathize as well but it has made my mind spin a bit which was quite different from my previous July 2015 boards. I still am participating because I recall how awesome it felt to be able to connect to other women experiencing the same thing. Or is it different this time around because I'm a second-timer???

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• I wish that all of the new threads or threads with new posts came up to the top of the list. I can't figure out how the whole thing is organized. 

And to further a previous point - being this is my first pregnancy, I'm nervous to get too excited until second trimester. 
  • @MrsOry5 they do come up :) the pinned threads are always on top, and then they are sorted by newest last post, but you only see the new comment count if you'd opened a particular post before (otherwise it's all new to you so no point).

And I'm with you on the second point.