May 2017 Moms
Options

UNPOPULAR OPINION THURSDAY!

Since last weeks went so well! Let's have some real conversations and debates! Give us your best ones. 

TTC1: May 2015
Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
DD: May 1, 2017
TTC2: June 2019
CP September 2019
Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020

Re: UNPOPULAR OPINION THURSDAY!

• Options
    NurseK2016NurseK2016 member
    edited September 2016
    I'm sure I'll make some enemies with this one...I really don't like when people announce their babies  name before they deliver. I can understand telling your family and close friends but not posting it on Facebook. I feel like it takes away any surprise when the baby is born :blush: Sorry to everyone who does this, not trying to offend just giving my UO

Edited: because I really don't mind a gender/genital reveal...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oooh I thought I didn't have one but after reading those I totally do! I like social media baby posts, I'm the psycho that straight up made my kid a Facebook page so she could be tagged. I don't regret it at all, it's sweet having all the pictures in one place- I didn't use her full name, it's private and no one has access to share any of the pics I post. It's like the most comprehensive baby book ever. I figured when I was pregnant I would do it, because I didn't want to be that person posting pictures all the time on my page, seemed a good compromise since only family are her "friends" who always ask for more pictures.
    Another one- I hate when people post things about their kids potty training, pictures in the bath, embarrassing stories. Even for me the over sharer I feel bad for the kiddos h:smiley:
  • Options
    @starphish18 baby talk is the worst. 
  • Options
    right back atcha @sarah0985

kiss wink will ferrell flirt tinder
  • Options
    @pshaortao I agree. I definitely feel like I'm just sitting complaining but I feel like I can't snark on a potential loss thread. I would never wish a loss on anyone and I know I feel anxiety everyday worrying about a loss.
    The one I actually did correct (the one with pictures. Ugh) got deleted. 
     I feel like a lot of these girls could get more support if they conversated on mutual threads. a lot of them are having similar signs and symptoms. 
    CP September 2019
  • Options
    @pshaortao @sarah0985 me too! I still lurk on my last BMB to get my snark fix because nothing is happening here yet. I have all these awesome gifs just collecting dust on my phone  :'(
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    In regards to the board organization, I know I was just super confused about it. There's that one post about how it should be organized, but even that wasn't very clear to me. I've kind of just been trying to go with the flow, figuring the veterans here would lead the way. 
  • Options
    slam1110 said:
    @RedBreast35 @sarah0985 Add me to the UO of how the board is looking.  Definitely agree on the lack of communication!  I am hopeful though, it seems to be getting slightly better?  At least with the organization.

My UO - We need more snark on this board! It's sad when I have to lurk other boards to get my snark fill!
    Team More Snark!! This may already be obvious. If I wanted butterflies and sunshine, I'd go to BBC or the FB group. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    Squirtgun said:
    Yes! I miss snark and actual conversations!!  There are over 250 posts in the intro thread... Where is everyone? 
    That's how I feel. The ticker changes are almost silent. 
    CP September 2019
  • Options
    I think this board is just figuring out it's "footing" or whatever you call it, but I don't think it will be much longer before it does. At least I hope not! So with that said...

• Options
    I dislike the posts where people talk about being worried about something and ask if others had a positive outcome with a similar situation. My situation is not the same as yours so I can't tell you how yours is going to go. I usually don't say anything because I know the poster has to be worried and stressed but it does bug me. I usually just scroll by or get out of the post. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    I also miss snark but I don't know where the line is with all the new rules. I haven't been on here for over a year so I don't know how much is actually allowed and what constitutes breaking TOU. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    mamagain520mamagain520 member
    edited September 2016
    Here goes
  • Options
    @vrj0522 I just have to say that every time I see your avatar, it looks like a balding man in a pink suit. So that is what I picture you look like now...you're welcome. ;)
    Me: 33 / DH: 35
    Married: Nov 2006
    DD: Sept 2010
    DS: June 2013
    BFP #3 - EDD 5.13.16
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @RedBreast35 I'm with you a little. I'm not too concerned about the lack of organization but I feel like there's not a lot of interaction going on and I don't like that I'm not really getting to know anybody. I think that in just my short time on TTGP I got spoiled by the sense of community. How do we fix this? I don't know!

ETA I opened this thread and then went and ate lunch and saw a couple of patients so I was so behind! I'm ready for all the snark and to actually get to know some of you!
  • Options
    vrj0522 said:
    I also miss snark but I don't know where the line is with all the new rules. I haven't been on here for over a year so I don't know how much is actually allowed and what constitutes breaking TOU. 
    Same here. I remember the changes happened after my BMB had their babies and it just kind of blew up. 

What I do know that will break TOU:
    - Omg so and so, am I pregnant?
    - Unappropriate photos: pee sticks, bodily fluid, and the forbidden mucus plug
    - I'm guessing this one... swear words at another bumpie. No idea if GIFs count unless someone personally flag them

Anybody else? Otherwise, I will take my chance.

• Options
    pshaortao said:
    vrj0522 said:
    Same here. I remember the changes happened after my BMB had their babies and it just kind of blew up. 

- I'm guessing this one... swear words at another bumpie. No idea if GIFs count unless someone personally flag them

For some reason this BMB doesn't  have "the bump guidelines" pinned to the top. Go over to TTGP or somewhere just to see that post. I know it's pinned to the top over there. Maybe the tri boards as well?  
  • Options
    slam1110 said:
    @vrj0522 I just have to say that every time I see your avatar, it looks like a balding man in a pink suit. So that is what I picture you look like now...you're welcome. ;)
    Me too! Lol. Is that not what her avatar is? I'm on mobile and its SO small.

I'm also kind of waiting around for the board to get its footing before posting. i just don't feel like I have anything to contribute to most of the discussion.
    Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • Options
    vrj0522 said:

I am completely with you on this. I need to look at TOU and see what the changes are. I remember it happening towards the end of the time I spent on TB last time so I don't know much about it. I am guessing @pshaortao is close on her bullets. Those are probably the important ones at least?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Squirtgun said:
    pshaortao said:
    vrj0522 said:

For some reason this BMB doesn't  have "the bump guidelines" pinned to the top. Go over to TTGP or somewhere just to see that post. I know it's pinned to the top over there. Maybe the tri boards as well?  
    I knew I had seen it before. I stopped participating on TTGP earlier this year. Thanks!

For anybody who cares.... https://www.thebump.com/terms

• Options
    I was hanging out in the TTGP board as well and miss our sense of community @ShadeofGreen816. I do feel like that board was a lot more organized as far as daily threads go. Maybe we will get back to that once everyone starts to feel a bit more comfortable with their pregnancies. Personally I don't do gifs because I am usually mobile, but I do love a good gif/gif party. 
  • Options
    @Kipperoo Agree with all the things 
  • Options
    Question about daily threads. Are they supposed to be only for that day...or for a week until the next one starts? 
  • Options
    My UO is that we told all of our family about our BFP the day we found out. But we've been seeing an IF Doctor and been pretty open about it with family, so this wasn't much different to us then that. We're still holding off on telling friends and Facebook until a lot later though.
    Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • Options
    @sarah0985 @redbreast35 @Kipperoo

I feel pretty much the same about the organization and development here - personally, I've been hesitant to participate a lot until I'm sure I'll be sticking around. I've been lurking and reading, just not posting much lately.  I know that's contributing to the issue, but I feel that's probably better for my sanity at the moment.. :)

@pshaortao I'd say you're probably pretty close with what you said - those are the reasons I've seen in the past.

I don't have an UO at the moment...but I'm sure I'll think of something :)
  • Options
    @hezzer78 I think it's mostly all the people making threads and commenting on the loss threads ( :( ) but not really participating elsewhere. 
    CP September 2019