February 2017 Moms
Options

The Nursery Thread

Re: The Nursery Thread

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Had to hang the artwork....but it will look much better when the walls are painted the color we picked for her. The eeyore gray is not working for what we wanted
  • Options
    @chef'swife I adore those stripes!
  • Options
    @yogadevil Thanks!  I love the ballet flats in your baby shower photo!
  • Options
    @chef'swife  I love your mobile
  • Options
    @PerraSucia Thanks!  It's from Pottery Barn Kids. We saw it first, then the constellation blanket popped into my Etsy recs. After that, we knew our direction for the nursery was set. 
  • Options
    Ha!  Doing the same
  • Options
    vanest said:
    Ha!  Doing the same
  • Options
    Painting started yesterday...1/2 way done. The lavendar walls and trim are all set and they look great! The finishing steps are the 2 green walls and trim....so I am totally ready to see a finished paint job by Thursday night latest.....hoping for today but we do have dinner plans so that could put a hitch in getting it all done today. I was so pleased to see the progress this morning when I got up for work....it is really coming together. Wed I will order her wall decals...and then once those are in....FINISHED! Will still need the rug and floor lamp, but I may get those at the shower so I can wait considering I will have a few more items to set up after the shower happens, like her swing and bedding. <3 Happy pregnant lady here lol 
  • Options
    I'll post pics when the paint is complete....it is going to brighten up her room so much from the previous color
  • Options
    I just realized.....I absolutely need an ottomon pouf...they are adorable! I have never seen one until I browsed the nursery threads...maybe a pastel yellow one to go with the lavender walls...
  • Options

Aw, nurseries :-(  Bumming me out!  You guys are doing a beautiful job but just making me sad because we are in the process of selling our house and it's taking forever :-p  Not sure it'll happen before baby gets here which means I can't work on the nursery (we only have two bedrooms at the moment, ours and the boy's).  I mean, she will be in our room for the first several months anyway like our son was (he was in there for 6 months) but still, would love to be able to work on the room.  I know what I want in my mind at least (soft purples and grey/silver and white, stars and moons) so when we do get the house, hopefully i'll have the energy to get it done!

• Options
    I just realized.....I absolutely need an ottomon pouf...they are adorable! I have never seen one until I browsed the nursery threads...maybe a pastel yellow one to go with the lavender walls...
    I want one too! I have been browsing some on Overstock and Wayfair so that may be a good place for you to start :)
  • Options
    Thanks! @Ifrank12
    I also have been browsing amazon
  • Options
    Hi all, any recommendations for hanging a comforter on the wall? I'm looking for a solution that doesn't require craftiness and will preserve both the comforter and the wall to the greatest extent possible. Thanks for any suggestions. 
  • Options
    My baby boys nursery is still green and pink with a 5 year old girl sleeping in it.   I am feeling very behind every time I look at this post.
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Partyof6? Man I thought I was CRAZY prepared this time and people are more done than me. 
  • Options
    This is mine. This has been like a month of work. And that huge dresser topper thing weighs like 200 lbs. Not sure how that is getting to the curb!  I feel overwhelmed now too! 
  • Options
    My nursery still has a desk and couch in it and a closet full of H's stuff... This thread gives me hope, tho!
  • Options
    @Partyof6? I feel behind too! My nursery is currently completely empty and unpainted. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LilyASF42 - I'm in the same boat as you - we're renting for now but intend to purchase hopefully with a move in date in January... but because of that I haven't even started really dreaming about what her room will be like. Maybe if I go register or at least walk around Babys R Us I'll get ideas and inspiration... 
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @homemake sorry for the delay. I designed the canvas and am using an online vendor. Happy to share the file if you DM me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @perrasucia I think we've got a similar aesthetic. Same furniture and wall color and I'm planning on plants too. I wish I had the wood floors like you do. What floor plant are you going with? 
  • Options
    OMG @PerraSucia I love it! Everything looks fantastic. We have pretty much the same aesthetic.

I have a 9ft fiddle leaf in my bedroom that I am barely keeping alive...long story. 

I am thinking of doing another one in the nursery but around 4ft tall instead, that or a rubber fig.
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Options
    @Shawlls that Lion makes me think of Narnia! 
  • Options
    @PerraSucia yeah, your nursery space is lovely! I'd like to copy and paste. Where is the rug from? 
  • Options
    Painting is officially done and the pictures are up....still waiting on the wall decals though. But VERY happy