February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (9/19)

1789101113»

Re: Weekly Randoms (9/19)

• @kirstynikole Ick!! What did they say was in the water? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That sucks @kirstynikole but don't panic. You're probably fine. The threshold for issuing a boil water order is super low. There was one in Boston a few years back and it turned out a few weeks later that the water was fine all along. 
  • @WinchesterGirl Ha, nice! A snowy getaway in the mountains sounds divine, I love snow!
    I finally asked for the time off work and booked my hotel in Seattle a few days ago... I'm watching exchange rates like a hawk though because right now $550USD will cost me $725CAN, and it's KILLING me @_@ I'm hoping for some kind of relief on my wallet before the end of October.
  • @BeckS13 just bring it all in dimes, nobody notices dimes  ;) haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BeckS13 Yes! I'm really hoping for snow... travel is certainly the only way I'm going to see it!! Also, Seattle sounds awesome! We've only been there for a layover, but I researched all the cool stuff to see there, and it's now on our bucket list. :grin:
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @kirstynikole I feel ya. There have been reports of issues with the wells where we live so DH has insisted we buy bottled water for me to drink until we move in a couple weeks to a place that has city water. It's weird not just filling up a glass at the fridge. I'm sure we're overreacting but I'd rather be safe than sorry. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• I'm bailing out on a birthday party because it's on million degrees and outside. 

What am I going to with my free weekend time?! 
    Come and rescue me from the hoards of angry shoppers.
  • @kswiger06 you made it the whole way through a pregnancy without ever buying maternity pants? You must be the tiniest pregnant person ever. 
    I had a tiny belly with my son. While pregnant with my daughter, super low rise jeans were in style, so they sat low, low, low, and the rubber band worked. I attempted to rubber band a pair of my high rise jeans already and they didn't feel right and they looked terrible lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @FreshBakedBrownies @Xstatic3333 @marriedhamstermom yea this morning they sent out a test that the water had been tested and clear so they lifted the boil notice. I'm curious what made them call it to begin with.
  • @kswiger06 where the heck do you livenwhere low rise jeans have been in style since 2001
  • @PerraSucia Ohio, but my daughter is 7 now so this was in the 2008/2009 winter. Those jeans stayed in style in ohio forever! We moved past that several years ago now, but they were still a thing back then. Also since we're talking about it, im curious what the "cool" stores are out there. Out here a lot people still wear American Eagle  (I'm guilty of that one) Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, kohl's is pretty big all the time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 cool stores are like boutique stores that only rich people can afford.  but for young people places like urban outfitters, madewell, free people and i guess zara, h&m and F21 for the less expensive version of those things. 
  • Hi ladies!!!! 

@Ifrank12 I'm glad your pup isn't home. Enjoy the snuggles. 

DH and I have been talking names all weekend and it's hard. We have a lot of issues with it "going" with our last name.  But I'm sure our kid will end up named at some point... 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• I am normally not the cook in our house but prepared everything to make dinner tonight. H just came home with smelly ass rotisserie chicken because apparently my dinner wasn't good enough. 

Now im pissed and don't want to eat anything. 

Also 21 weeks in and rotisserie chicken is still the only thing to make me want to hurl. 
  • I spent the day roaming the aisles of Babies R Us, today. My back is out of commission and I'm ready to zonk the eff out.  It's only 8pm. 

• I am normally not the cook in our house but prepared everything to make dinner tonight. H just came home with smelly ass rotisserie chicken because apparently my dinner wasn't good enough. 

Also 21 weeks in and rotisserie chicken is still the only thing to make me want to hurl. 
    Chicken is a huge aversion over here too, I can't touch, smell, or be near it. It's not allowed in my house for the duration
  • yogadevil said:
    I am normally not the cook in our house but prepared everything to make dinner tonight. H just came home with smelly ass rotisserie chicken because apparently my dinner wasn't good enough. 

Chicken is a huge aversion over here too, I can't touch, smell, or be near it. It's not allowed in my house for the duration
    Right now I can't be near it when it's raw or cooked as a whole piece, but It is appetizing shredded or cubed. Guess I've got some sort of Weird pregnancy texture aversion? 
  • yogadevilyogadevil member
    edited September 2016
    @kirstynikole that makes sense. The only proteins I can stomach are mostly ground meats, even a normal steak sounds gross right now (and I adore steak!) But ground beef is totally ok
  • You guys are making me nauseous with all the chicken talk  :s
  • The only chicken I can handle is chicken flavored ramen noodles. So, basically, no chicken here either! 
  • I wonder what it is about chicken that makes us so grossed out by it.  

• Chicken makes me wanna hurl too!

@NiceyMeany Bodies are weird. 
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger good for you!

I could eat it again after like 16 weeks, but I still don't want to talk about it... lol
  • @lfrank12 I'm late to the party, but I'm so glad your pup is home and doing well now!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @NiceyMeany I had a coworker who just carried her baby in her boobs. We were due 3 weeks apart and everyone thought she was months behind me.