February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (8/29)

Re: Weekly Randoms (8/29)

• I missed the pain olympics TWT posts yesterday.. but I'm pregnant tired and my kid wakes up six times a night. 

IM WINNING BY LOSING. 
    You are clearly winning. But I don't know if anyone wants to win like that. I'm sorry :S 
    I definitely don't recommend it. It makes you so angry. 
    And then she has this asshole friend who texts her about being child free and taking naps...
    I'm no jelly bitch. You deserve awesomeness. 
     <3 
  • Loading the player...
  • ***TW*** 

I just stared watching Downton Abbey and am in season one. 

Just finished the episode where Cora's maid sets her up to slip on a bar of soap amd she falls and miscarries. 

I can't sleep.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @fourPsinapod, @pennylucille regarding sleep paralysis, I haven't had it in a few years but whenever I did there were two ways I could get out of it without descending into the terror it tends to bring: scrunch my face and wiggle my toes.
    For some reason focusing on those two things would bring me right back, had better luck making "sneeze" expressions or scrunching my nose as hard as I could. Sometimes just knowing things to try can help take the panic feeling out of it. Every time I got it, I woke up on my back as well.
  • @MrsLittleMac thank you! I, too, will try that! Although, I don't know why everyone else's night terrors happen when they are on their back. Mine happen  in any position particularly when I'm stressed.  Thank you, again!

• Where's the floor pics @Gingersnap ?
  • What the hell is wrong with kids?! On my way to work I drove by a bus stop for middle schoolers that is right on the road - a very main road. This one little shit steps forward, notices I'm the only car coming, and when I reach him he jolts forward and pretends to jump in front of me to scare me. God forbid that kid tripped and I hit him. He would have ruined his life, his parents' lives, all those kids at the bus stop's lives, and my life because he thought he was being funny. It took everything I had not to pull over and have my pregnant hormonal self scream some four letter words in his face. After I passed him, my second thought was I should have scared the piss out of him and swerved towards him....
  • @jlellis603 that's incredibly scary! 
  • @HeatSparks I hate that part. I sobbed the first time I watched it not pregnant (didn't know it was coming), now I cannot watch it at all. I agree there is a scene coming up in another season that could potentially be pregnancy traumatizing so... if another main character comes up pregnant you may want to check for a spoiler to skip that part. For your own sanity. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @jlellis603 That is horrible. Kids are such idiots to joke about that sort of thing... The driver does not think that's funny...
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • homemake said:
    @jlellis603 that's incredibly scary! 

Seriously! I didn't know whether to feel scared, furious, or sorry for him.
  • @homemake We are. DH is now officially on call for generator support until further notice. We live basically in the armpit up here in the north, so I never believe them when they say it's going to be a direct hit. The curve of the Gulf always makes it miss us except for the bands. Basically I'm going to spend the next few days forcing my dogs into the rain to pee.

"But mom it's raining we'll melt!"
    "Act like real dogs for once! Shoo!"
    Oh my gosh, yes! That is so my dog!! When we were in our apartment we had a patio with a balcony covering it. If it was raining bad enough and he realized he wouldn't get back inside til he went, he would just pee on the cement patio. lol! Now he has nothing to cover him but tries to cower as close to the house as he can instead of just getting it done to get back in quicker.
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • becbec28 said:
    @peachesnbean Where did you find that?  It looks intriguing.  Most of the time I do okay with my prenatals, but sometimes I just don't feel like messing with them.  It doesn't help that I'm taking the Rainbow Light ones that are 6 big pills per day.

I take a Rainbow Light that's only 1 a day but I still struggle when my stomach doesn't feel right all day. It's like "ok when do I want to take this and try not to throw up?" lol
    @silvercamaro77 @becbec28 - I bought them at The Vitamin Shoppe, but I think some CVS carries them. If you go to their website www.drinkpremama.com they have a product locator as well as a link to get a $3 off coupon mailed to you. 

So far, I am a fan! I mixed it in passion iced tea and a carrot cake smoothie (yesterday and today) and the only slight complaint I have is it must be really bitter because it took a lot of the sweetness out of both of them. After the coupon it ended up being like $13 for the box of 28, a little pricey compared to the Rainbow Light I usually get, BUT I am actually taking these so I think its worth it so far!

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• For the PNV sufferers, I was using One a Days +DHA and I gagged every night. I talked to my MW and she said gummy vitamins were fine. I've been using those and it is so much better! 

We talked earlier abt gummies and other options, you could probably find them with the search function.
  • For the PNV sufferers, I was using One a Days +DHA and I gagged every night. I talked to my MW and she said gummy vitamins were fine. I've been using those and it is so much better! 

We talked earlier abt gummies and other options, you could probably find them with the search function.
    I can't do gummies either. With my first I had bad HG (worst of all 3) and threw them up and can't look at a gummy the same way since. My MW okayed Flinstones for me, which are also a little more cost effective, but I thought I'd give these a try!

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @HeatSparks :/ on watching Downton Abby while pregnant. If you're watching season 1 now, I would say you could do season 2, but I would just nope right the fuck out of season 3 and season 6 while pregnant. Just do not do that to yourself. Hit pause and wait until it's sleepless nights. They're no less sad then, and you won't be awash in pregnancy hormones. 
  • becbec28 said:
    @peachesnbean Where did you find that?  It looks intriguing.  Most of the time I do okay with my prenatals, but sometimes I just don't feel like messing with them.  It doesn't help that I'm taking the Rainbow Light ones that are 6 big pills per day.

I take a Rainbow Light that's only 1 a day but I still struggle when my stomach doesn't feel right all day. It's like "ok when do I want to take this and try not to throw up?" lol
    @silvercamaro77 @becbec28 - I bought them at The Vitamin Shoppe, but I think some CVS carries them. If you go to their website www.drinkpremama.com they have a product locator as well as a link to get a $3 off coupon mailed to you. 

So far, I am a fan! I mixed it in passion iced tea and a carrot cake smoothie (yesterday and today) and the only slight complaint I have is it must be really bitter because it took a lot of the sweetness out of both of them. After the coupon it ended up being like $13 for the box of 28, a little pricey compared to the Rainbow Light I usually get, BUT I am actually taking these so I think its worth it so far!

You can also order on amazon. I used the fertility kind when I was TTC and it was totally tasteless. I ordered the citrus flavor on amazon last night and it'll be here tomorrow.  
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That entire scene when she is in Matthew's office is just gold stars all over.
  • we drove all night long but we're finally home. I'm about to get a pumpkin spice frap and head to Disney. I'm seriously in heaven. 
    Check your inbox 
  • @WinchesterGirl I don't know if I could love Maggie Smith more. 

Thanks all for the heads up (without spoiling)!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Have you ever soon a couple only do a wedding registry for their honeymoon?  I didn't realize it was a thing, but apparently you can register for different events at the destination and room upgrades, etc.  On the one hand it seems okay, but on the other hand a registry that is primarily made up of individual tickets for various events at $80 each and room upgrades from $80-$200 seems a bit much.  It does look like there are some options to give gift certificates ranging between $10 and $40.

What happens if only one person gifts one ticket for snorkeling?  Does the couple then have to decide between only one person going or paying another $80 for another ticket?

• @MommaBean go girl! I hope that kid learned his lesson.
  • @silvercamaro77 - I looked into a couple of those sites when we got married and the money just sits in one big pool; the couple doesn't have to use it for what it was "meant for" if they prefer something else.  Also, those companies take a surprisingly large % of the presents out before the couple gets the money.  H and I sent a check for the last registry we saw like this because we wanted them to get the full amount we intended to give.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited September 2016
    @silvercamaro77 I had some former friends do a honeymoon registry. The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth because, while it was designed that you were paying for a dinner, or a snorkelling trip, or whatever, the honeymoon registry they used just cashed out and gave them the dough. And then they didn't even take the trip. I totally get, from a logistics perspective, that it makes more sense to have the site just cut a cheque and have the travellers sort their business, but I just associate those things with cash-grabs. When I see them now, I take the opportunity to go off registry, and the bride and groom get my go-to wedding present, which is a lovely gravy boat. 
  • @MLRocha and @poetryandoceans Thanks for the insight!  I think you've both cemented my initial reaction to go off-registry for the particular couple that has one.  Keeping the money in a big pool and cutting a check makes sense from a practicality point and I guess listing different possible events that you can "gift" is supposed to keep it from looking like a money grab.

• GretchypooGretchypoo member
    edited September 2016
    Does anyone else LOVE birth photos? These made me cry at work today. Like, a lot. That being said, I don't think I want a photographer in the room for my 1st.. or maybe any of them.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/43-photos-that-show-the-incredible-strength-it-takes-to-give-birth_us_57c5c011e4b0664f13cad046?
  • @Gretchypoo I think I would HATE having a photographer there. I struggle with being vulnerable in front of people, and having someone in the room who did not *need* to be there would be really hard for me. A girlfriend of mine has some lovely birth photos, but her husband is a photographer, so it didn't add an extra body to the experience. I think that would be the only way I'd be okay with it. 
  • @silvercamaro77 honeymoon registries are super popular in these parts, but I'm really not a fan. If people just don't register I'll automatically give them money anyway, and probably more of it. The registry just makes me feel like they're asking for money and it's super awkward to me.
  • @poetryandoceans same! i'd be like "get that fucking camera out of my face!" I am not comfortable around cameras in general and I'd be worried the whole time about what I looked like-- no thanks! But I love these pictures of brave mamas :) Benefit to the photographer tho: paying someone to get rid of the crappy pictures where you have feces stuck to your gown and running mascara left over from last Tuesday. I don't need to see that.
  • @Gretchypoo - Now crying in my cubicle...  Lucky I have cold (?) and no one will think anything of my sniffles. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Gretchypoo I'm fairly certain no one needs to see that. I barely look at my wedding photos, and I had paid someone to make me look good that day. Birth? Ain't nobody got time for that. 

I also struggle with birth photos in the era of social media. If you take pictures, preserve them, maybe turn them into a tasteful art exhibit or post so I can choose to seek those photos out and reflect on the marvel and power of childbirth? Cool beans. But you just know that shit is going up on instagram and being shoved into people's timelines. Not something I want to scroll past on my lunch hour.
  • @gretchypoo @poetryandoceans I would be mortified at the thought of a photographer in the room but when I was actually in labor I had no clue who was in there. I definitely wouldn't have noticed a photographer. On the other hand I am SURE I made the most awful faces, how could a photographer even find one good shot? 
  • I really like the birth photos I've seen, but I don't think I could do it and even if I could, the hospital here doesn't allow pics/videos to be taken during delivery.  I'm betting it's a liability issue.

I've toyed with the idea of having a doula, but I can't imagine having anyone other than DH and the doctors/nurses in there with us.  It's such a personal thing.

• @silvercamaro77 I think I could wrap my head around a doula, provided I got to meet with her several times ahead of the birth. I think the thing with a birth photographer is that you'd probably only meet with them once, maybe twice before the big day. I mean, I very occasionally have very strong and instant connections with people where I instantly feel comfortable, but those are so rare, and it usually takes time for me to warm up to someone...

I'm feeling pretty good about just my partner and my midwife, as well as any and all labour and delivery nurses that need to be there, though. If something changed and I needed to switch to an OB, I might do more research into local doulas.