August 2016 Moms
Options

Mom Confessions

Re: Mom Confessions

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought a 2 dollar elf cosmetic brush today. I'm using it to paint coconut oil on my nipples. #noshame 
    Don't know how I missed this earlier but LOL - I love this.
  • Options
    AliKay20 said:
    Baby's spit up shot out and some landed on my boob that she was nursing on and slowly trickled down on my belly. 

I repeated, "aw hellllll nawwwww," like 10 times and threw my phone on the floor (I was posting on TB). 

Baby A also got some on her arm and her neck. What the hell are baths for? We gave her one only a few hours ago. Her diaper wasn't even dirty yet!

I looked down at this hot mess and froze for a minute. I just needed that minute to justify why I wasn't going to give her another bath or change her clothes. I just wiped all of it up with her bib - her arm, neck, my boob, and my belly.

I was tempted to take a shower right after but that obviously was too much work. Keyword: Tempted
    I'm dying at this too. "aw hellllll nawwwww,". 
    Something ive said so many times this pregnancy. I don't think I ever posted, due to how traumatizing the experience was I may have just totally blocked it that day. Baby P while changing his diaper the first or second day my husband went back to work just pooped everywhere. I went in to clean a poopy diaper wiped his little b hole and when I pulled that wipe away I mean he shot poop all over my arm straight accross the bed and all over the headboard. I don't even know what i screamed. But it was something like what you just described. However he was so new he did not get a bath and in the midst of that my aunt who had a 6 week old at the time arrived at the door as I was showering my arm off and proceeded to help me strip my sheets and clean off our headboard. All I can think about that moment even now would be 

aw hellllll nawwwww,
  • Options
    Allisun85 said:
    I called (well actually, made my husband call because I was crying too hard about him being sick and it being my fault... Because post partum) the nurse line at the pediatrician because little guy had a temp of 99... I took off the fuzzy sleeper my mom had dressed him in and he went back to normal. 
    Oh yeah... August...
    99 isn't a fever!
  • Options
    @Curls919... I knooooow. You know, in my brain. The crazy emotional pp side? No sense

• Options
    @Lynnlove28 I start seeing clients again next Saturday and I'm really worried about DH being alone with both kids for 5 hrs... I have a feeling I'm going to come home to chaos...

• Options
    edited August 2016
    @alikay20 that happened to me just now. All over me, my pjs, and DS was covered. Plus I'm pretty sure some got on my bed. No baths or showers here. It will probably happen again in an hour when he decides he needs to cluster feed for the entire day again.

I'm another big fan of coconut oil on the nipples. Works great! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I hate discovering baby in his crib after he's spit up. I get that spit up happens, and we keep him upright and burp him good before we lay him down... But spit up happens. But I still feel awful!!
  • Options
    I sat on the toilet while nursing DD this morning. It's a new skill I didn't realize I had. Maybe I should put it in my resume, it is an excellent example of multitasking after all. 
    Been there, done that. DH was horrified when I told him I did it with DS1
  • Options
    I went to dinner tonight with my sister and some old friends who were in town and the kids stayed home with DH. I feel like a new woman! And it's also nice to know that DH can handle both kids alone, for some reason I was nervous that he wouldn't be able too.
    I'm secretly terrified of leaving both kids home with DH. I know he can do it, but I don't know how sane he'll be when I get back. He's been mostly taking care of DD and is so out of sorts dealing with her when she's naughty. He's used to me taking care of it and having a mostly happy toddler when he's home or being able to put her to bed early if she's cranky. I don't know how he'll deal with both at the same time. I think the first time I go out I'll probably wait until dinner and bed time for DD to make it easier for him. 
  • Options
    I used lotion to cover up LOs sour milk smell. #noshame

In my defense, he still has a little umbilical cord crust, so no full bath yet. 
  • Options
    LWC1112 said:
    @jacmkelley I am feeling emotional
    today too. Everything is good with little one and DD has had a great day, but I think the fact that things have changed has set in. 

Hopefully we will still use this board but I'm also very excited for the fb group to start.
    When does a fb usually happen?
  • Options
    tisunge602tisunge602 member
    edited August 2016
    @lblu43 LOL. You can't make this stuff up. Motherhood is so glamorous.

Was the culprit Leaky or Droops?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @tisunge602 Droops. Apparently the milkies had collected quite a bit.  Still trying to get him back to sleep.  
  • Options
    LWC1112 said:
    today too. Everything is good with little one and DD has had a great day, but I think the fact that things have changed has set in. 

Hopefully we will still use this board but I'm also very excited for the fb group to start.
    I think we agreed to wait until all the August babies are born to start a new fb group (some groups were started months ago)
  • Options
    Curls919 said:
    LWC1112 said:

I think we agreed to wait until all the August babies are born to start a new fb group (some groups were started months ago)
    I feel comfortable waiting - no rush here. I almost joined one way back in the day for convenience  and then chickened out for privacy purposes. 
  • Options
    @lblu43 I have also suffered the fate of dripping Milkies everywhere.  Luckily for me, my husband saw what was happening so I didn't have to run through all of the options like you did

I'm sorry that it woke your Gremlin (we affectionately call ours "Demon Baby" in the witching hours), but thanks for the laughs!
  • Options
    @lblu43 I have also suffered the fate of dripping Milkies everywhere.  Luckily for me, my husband saw what was happening so I didn't have to run through all of the options like you did

I'm sorry that it woke your Gremlin (we affectionately call ours "Demon Baby" in the witching hours), but thanks for the laughs!

Stuck in the box, but "Milk Drunk" and "McFloppy" are my names for baby over here.
  • Options
    I find it strangely satisfying to get dried up milk boogers out of my LOs nose. 
  • Options
    I am beyond excited to get out tomorrow, which is kind of terrible because we are going to a celebration of life for one dh friends that passed away last week. But this celebration is at a bar, and a lot of old friends will be there, so it shouldn't be incredibly somber. 
    I am so looking forward to not having a baby in my arms for a few straight hours. Levi has been crying so much the past two days, I literally haven't put him down for more than an hour at a time, and even that only happens once a day. It's been rough on my sanity. But I know when I'm out I'll still miss him and probably want to pick him up early. Being a mom is weird.