August 2016 Moms

Mom Confessions

I saw this tread on the July 2016 board and loved reading everyone's responses. So here is a place for us to put our "Mom Confessions" 

Mine are:

- I have gotten way to good at holding the bottle with my chin to reach for my phone, and learning to use said phone one handed. 

- I came to check on DS this morning during his nap and noticed he had spit up everywhere. All on himself and his sheets. I felt so horrible. I suck at the whole burping thing. Obviously need to work a little harder. 

34 Mother of 4 year old and 2 Labs. Happily Married to my Hubs of 6 years.

Re: Mom Confessions

• Loading the player...
  • Baby is 3 weeks old and I've already caved in exclusively breast feeding and breast milk. I formula fed with DD. So I wanted to try breast feeding. The hospital gave me nipple shields and told my nipples are flat. Well only one nipple has changed and it's my dud. I had some sort of engorgement/clogged duct issue this past weekend for the second time that caused high fevers all day, again. I've tried nursing without the shields and he won't latch For very long on the stud boob which I assume is from my flat nipple (lol). In the past two days what is usually a 15-25 min max nursing session has turned into an hour long struggle where he's still hungry afterwards. I think he's not getting what he needs and everything I've read And been told is that the shield can cause clogging etc... So I made the choice to breastfeed and supplement with formula. 
    Guess I'll see how it goes, I'm not a judgemental person whatsoever on formula feeding. I did it before, but I'm being really hard on myself about it. I wish I didn't feel guilty about it. DH said look at our daughter she's perfect, and she was formula fed. Stop being so hard on yourself. But I'm still struggling some. But I also feel like it's not working and I'm feeling anxiety before feedings and completely worn down by it all.
    Feels good to get that all out.
  • Oh and @Lynnlove28 I'm sooo with you on that lol
  • I had planned on the baby sleeping in the RnP at night. I know it's not doctor approved but I've read about so many moms doing it. It fits perfectly next to the bed. Should I reconsider doing that? 

My back up was to let her sleep in the pack-n-play since it has the diaper changer attachment. I could use the flat mattress or the bassinet attachment? Do any of you guys use this? 
  • @Hannah0726 we were going to use the pack and play, but the kitties think it's their bed so we didn't want to risk them sitting on the little one. We use the rock and play... it's a life saver! I've been trying to do one nap a day in the crib so hopefully it will make for an easier transition when the time comes.
  • I used the bassinet attachment for the pack n play for the 1st 2 weeks. DS now sleeps in his crib at night bc he is such a loud/grunty sleeper. 

We use the pack n play and RnP during the day for naps now. 
    34 Mother of 4 year old and 2 Labs. Happily Married to my Hubs of 6 years.
  • @Mrsrundell yaaaas girl! Read this one outloud to DH and he thought it was hilarious. 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• Ladies I just laughed at everything I just read! 
    @midwestbaby my hubby had to help with my shower too... there was tons of gunk left on my back from the tape from the epidural. .. and my 6 year old was there too. He had to come in the bathroom to see what we were doing! 
    And I totally spent the first week or so as naked as possible. I already have no problem whipping out my boobs to nurse. Although I'm pretty sure I cleared a group of people at a family reunion sunday. I went to nurse Levi, and when I looked up a few minutes later the 6 or 7 people that I'd been sitting by were gone! Apparently they were not as comfortable as I was lol. Whatever.
    And I definitely have plenty of boob shots on my phone too. Pretty sure my FIL saw them as he scrolled through my phone last week looking at all the pics of the kids, and idc. It's a precious time that will be over too soon!
    I'm also jealous of all you that have a rnp... I really wanted one but never found one at a garage sale and I couldn't bring myself to spent $80 on one. But now I'm thinking I should have.
  • jacmkelleyjacmkelley member
    edited August 2016
    @Mrsrundell I'm right there with you. Bra is my fancy at this point in life. Robe is too much I still sweat like a mother fucker.
  • Went to pay our electric bill today. It was double what it normally is. And it's totally my fault. I was too lazy to turn the pool filter on and off every day, so I just left it on. And last month was so hot, and I was so pregnant I had my house set to 68 for weeks. That was a shock, and now I probably won't be buying a new diaper bag this week. Bummer
  • jacmkelleyjacmkelley member
    edited August 2016
    DD asked for baccon for dinner. DH said sure and so DD had baccon for dinner. That's a win, I made DH give her her vitamins too. 
    She's almost 3 and has been in a chicken nuggets and oatmeal phase, I wish she had asked for one of those. She is a very picky eater and hardly eats anything. 
  • @entropicallyfavored that's how Avery takes her naps during the day...she tends to have less spit ups!