September 2016 Moms
Options

August Randoms!!!

Re: August Randoms!!!

• Options
    @PoodleDoodleOoo    Seriously a great photo, love your dress ! That dog is sooo cute too ! 
  • Options
    @ansley0319 - I'm opposed to it for myself, but I certainly don't judge others that choose elective inductions for a variety of reasons. I don't live their life, so I feel like I can't judge their choices. I see why some folks have major scheduling conflicts, or fears about making it to the hospital in time, or unmanageable pregnancy related symptoms/pain - those to me seem like good reasons to consider an induction. 

If there isn't a medical reason necessary for induction, I absolutely 100% want to avoid one for myself though. I think many/most inductions end up using pitocin. My main reason why I don't want pitocin is that I've heard that the contractions they cause are incredibly intense, and I fear I'd cave and get the epidural. I really really want to avoid an epidural because a) I've heard they can increase the chance of a stalled labor, which both my mother and sister experienced, and want to avoid that (both ended up with c-sections, which I would also like to avoid) and b) the numbness sensation/inability to walk around scares the shit outta me. I know that I could still have pitocin and/or an epidural and things could go a-ok for a vaginal delivery, but I just can't wrap my head around things happening that way for me, mostly because of the experiences that my family members have had. 

But if I need to be induced for a medical reason or mine or my child's health safety, I'm all for it. And going too far past due in my non-medically-educated opinion seems like a good reason to need an induction. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Jabreen Yeah, I'm not against an induction or even a c section, in general or for myself. I just hadn't realized there was reasoning for this specific coworker to get so worked up ! She was so worked up that I didn't feel like asking questions because it was drawing attention to us. 

Coincidentally my midwife was saying they don't induce until 41w (for "normal" pregnancies) but will not "allow" me to go past 42w. I understand that by that time something may be going on or the baby may be ginormous but it was weird to me as a FTM to have this conversation with her as I didn't realize refusing an induction was a thing for some people.. I just asked here out of curiosity. I enjoy hearing opinions/ differing perspectives, especially since inductions are so commonplace these days ! 
  • Options
    Congrats @yellowrose314 on getting your RN!  My mom stopped at her LPN and I think she has more or less regretted it ever since.

• Options
    @ansley0319 and others...A lot of the dislike of induction is the fear that it leads to more interventions such as c-sections. The last I knew, the official studies that compare the c-section rate for patients with and without induction were contradictory so there is no official verdict. I would only get an induction if medically necessary. I feel that it is best to give labor a chance to come naturally if mom and baby are healthy.

Right now there is a huge natural birth movement where various interventions are getting demonized. It doesn't take much searching on the internet to realize this. While it is probably good to question if we jump to various interventions too quickly in medical practice, there is a lot of crazy out there on this topic. People get very passionate and become a bit irrational.

• Options
    @AshleyB09042015 congrats, shes lovely!!

@seitzy3 good luck mama.

@kosmo86 i hope Alice is here now!!! :)
  • Options
    @seitzy3  YAY!!! Congrats on little Ava!
  • Options
    Congrats @yellowrose314 ! Now you can relax and focus on other things!
  • Options
    @PoodleDoodleOoo  You are very right ! People's opinions of what is best shouldn't/can't carry over to everyone else nor can a person readily be bashed for their decision making because it was no one else's to make ! 

Semi unrelated- I cannot imagine having a water birth due to my weak stomach. I did not use to have a very weak stomach but have been quick to feel faint due to blood/ self induced-illogical panic. I am tempted to watch that documentary but I bet I would lose my cookies ! Also can't imagine laboring in a tub or why people like swimming while pregnant. I went into the pool one time this pregnancy and was terribly uncomfortable. I HATED the way the water made my belly feel, almost like it was pushing it up? Idk, it make me nauseous. I wish I could have enjoyed it the way some people talk about it being so heavenly. 

With that being said water births sound pretty cool and exciting. Tub laboring also seems to sound like it works very well for people, so kudos to them and their pain management but you will not find me submerging this big belly in any water !  Can't hold anything against anyone with their personal decisions- healthy babies no matter the road sound awesome to me ! 
  • Options

Question : Is anyone opposed to being induced? And if so, why? There is a lady at my job who is opposed to them dramatically talking about how your body obviously isn't ready and it greatly raises the odds of having to have a csection. 

I'm jw if anyone feels like that here. Obviously this would only be someone who doesn't have a medical reason to have an induction (baby size, GD, pre e, etc) and also doesn't feel like they are dying/ on medical bed rest. 
    I will probably end up being induced because my OB doesn't let GD pregnancies go past 39 weeks; pending my growth scan next week and how big baby is, that will determine when they want to induce. But that's a medical reason for induction so I'm ok with it. If I didn't need to be induced for medical reasons, I would want her to stay in as long as was safe for her to finish cooking. 
    That being said... I side-eye people who want to induce "just because". Like any medical procedure or treatment, there are risks, and unless you medically need to do so, I don't think it's necessary to put yourself in that line of fire so to speak. I had a friend who asked her doctor to induce her early because of some astrology crap she was into... (sorry, I don't hold astrology in high regard). Ended up having a very complicated birth. Anecdotal I know, but I just don't see the advantage to having it done unless medically necessary. On the other side of the coin, where I live, there is a large chunk of the island that is remote and services on the upper 40% of the island are incredibly small and lacking, especially for maternal/child health. A lot of people in this region are scheduled inductions to reduce the possibility of not having services in their remote community, they're brought down to the bigger district hospital early. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations @yellowrose314 !!!!! I admire you finishing this while pregnant, major accomplishment.  

@seitzy3  Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures of your little lady.

• Options
    Kimmy717Kimmy717 member
    edited August 2016
    congrats @yellowrose314 , you rock!! and woohoo happy to hear Ava is here @seitzy3
  • Options
    @seitzy3 congratulations!!!!!!!!! :):):) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats @seitzy3!!!!
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @seitzy3 Congratulations!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    rock1cherryrock1cherry member
    edited August 2016
    @yellowrose314 congrats! What a huge accomplishment! Great job. And amazing timing for getting it completed. Woohoo!

eta congratulations @seitzy3 glad to hear everything went well. Can't wait to see your sweet girl!
  • Options
    @yellowrose314 Congratulations!!! So happy for you :)
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Options
    Yay little Ava. Congrats @seitzy3 , mr. Seitzy and big sister seitzys!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats @seitzy3!! Can't wait for pictures later!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @seitzy3 congrats! enjoy those snuggles!
  • Options
    @seitzy3 Yay! Welcome to the world, baby Ava! Can't wait for pictures!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @yellowrose314 - What an accomplishment!! Congratulations to you!

@JennM205 - That dream is amazing!! Elle is really into them as well. They don't even DO anything!!!! But she's all about collecting them. And we may have opened up an even bigger can of worms when she got a package of Squinkies and a pack of Twosies. Ugh.

@seitzy3 - Congratulations!! Can't wait to see Ava! Three beautiful little girls...OMG that's so awesome!!

@PoodleDoodleOoo - Beautiful picture! Fred is just to sweet!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    Congratulations @seitzy3 can't wait to see her!!
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    @PoodleDoodleOoo Such a great picture, love it!!! (And of course, love to see Fred!) 

@yellowrose314 Congrats! Such a relief, and it couldn't come at a better time. Now relax and put those feet up!

@seitzy3 YAY I've been thinking of you all day!! Congratulations!!!! 
  • Options
    There is now a very, very large man sitting next to me, and he smells so strongly of yeast I can barely stand it. Not bread yeast... I'm not going to put it into worlds...
  • Options
    ashtasht member
    There is now a very, very large man sitting next to me, and he smells so strongly of yeast I can barely stand it. Not bread yeast... I'm not going to put it into worlds...
    With my lack of filter I would prob have to tell him he needs to clean his junk
  • Options
    Congrats @seitzy3 and WTG @yellowrose314 !

@marikkita12 knowing that there are people in the world who don't vaccinate and that I can't necessarily identify them by sight scares the crap out of me. It's irresponsible and dangerous!
  • Options
    Congrats @seitzy3!!
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @sbrown721. Please note that my comment towards my friend has nothing to do with your choice. I applaud you for wanting a home birth and honestly hope everything goes smoothly and you don't end up in the hospital. A home birth is something that I personally would not want because I tend to focus too much on the "what if something goes wrong?" I believe that everyone should have the birth experience they want and it is not up to anyone else to comment or have an opinion on it. 
  • Options
     :s:dizzy:  Eeeewwwwwweew

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th