September 2016 Moms

August Randoms!!!

Re: August Randoms!!!

• @TheTamedShrew that is so hard. I feel like I would break down to one of my siblings and be like "what the heck?!? Does nobody care about me?" Having a baby is such a big deal and so excited. We are super excited about meeting your baby via the web. They should be so ecstatic! Family is hard sometimes. 
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • Thscary said:
    I don't understand what happened with HDBD, but lately I've been too lazy to even take a picture. I think it's been a few weeks since I participated

Same. Which gives me mom guilt because I never missed a week with McKenna.

Which leads me to my random... I'm excitedly counting down the days to my induction because it will be the end of my GD (and the end of 6 times a day testing and 5 times a day insulin injections) and not because I'm excited to meet the baby. I mean, I am excited to meet her, but it's taken a huge backseat to the GD thing. This makes me feel guilty because with McKenna, I was hands down wanting it to be over just to finally have her in my arms. I feel like I'm short changing Layla or somehow showing preference to McKenna. I'm even worried that I will somehow feel less connected to Layla when she is born because of this. I keep waiting to get the same level of excitement I had last time, but it's not happening. 

• Loading the player...
  • @TheTamedShrew I'm sorry your family has you feeling down. I would have cried, too, given the situation. I hope they all make up for it with lots of love when she gets here on Friday. 

@RG1 I think a lot of what your friend said has to do with where she is in her pregnancy. She's still at the point where you are just wanting baby to stay put and aren't thinking about the misery of late pregnancy or getting them out. Although, I agree the full term comment didn't make much sense.

• RG1RG1 member
    @camichael84 I think you're right. She clarified by saying "some people just want the baby to cook as long as possible, so if you were told you couldn't go past your due date and felt that way, it would be tough". So now I kind of get what she meant. And i asked if she was the type who wants baby to cook as long as possible and she said "yes, especially at 11 weeks." makes sense - she definitely doesn't want her baby to exit any time soon! I'm a bit less ragey now about the whole thing
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • RG1RG1 member
    @camichael84 I can totally see how the end of GD would be really exciting for you! Like @megan324, I don't know exactly what you're going through because I'm a first time mom, but I also think it's normal to feel different the second child and doesn't reflect on your love for Layla. When you meet her, you'll be as smitten as you were with McKenna.  It's all new and exciting for a FTM, but you know what to expect.

Today my friend asked me what I was looking forward to most about pregnancy being over and I felt guilty because my first thought wasn't "seeing/meeting my baby!"  I could just think of looking forward to not having a gigantic uterus anymore. Mom guilt at its finest! You'll love Layla :) only 7 days to meet her!!
  • @camichael84 just to add to what has already been said, it can be hard to see how much your heart will grow with love for a second LO until they're here. I know one of my girlfriends would always wonder how she would possibly love another little as much as she loved her first while she was pregnant with her second, but you'll be head over heels as soon as you see her, just like she was. Not saying you don't love her, just referring to the fear of maybe feeling less connected to Layla when she gets here. Don't feel guilty over wanting d-day to get here because of GD, you've had a rough go at it and we know it has not been easy at all. It's only normal!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @UnwritteN12 I knew you would get it, and I appreciate the support. With all of this, I've been thinking of you and hoping your sugar has been easier to control since Oliver and Josephine were born. 

• @camichael84, a big part of my excitement for Friday is knowing that I will no longer be pregnant. I didn't even have an eventful pregnancy, aside from all the stress over her being breech. I can't imagine having to deal with GD. Your guilt is totally unfounded. Heck, isn't that the bright side after all the PP healing/recovery/sleepless nights we have to endure?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary       

• @TheTamedShrew Nothing specific to add that PPs haven't said...but wanted you to know that I feel for you and your disappointment in your family. I'm sorry you're dealing with it during a time that should be so exciting and happy! 

@camichael84 Don't be so hard on yourself, Mama! I'm counting down days until the end of my pregnancy and I don't have any reasons nearly as good as yours! You will love Layla unaboundedly and aren't cheating her of anything! The fact that you feel guilt at all just goes to show how much you care about her already!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @TheTamedShrew You'll do great!! Good luck!!
  • @kosmo86 holy moly you're so close to meeting her!!! Squeeeee
  • @camichael84 I can relate to your feelings in a lot of ways! I don't blame you one bit for wanting to be done dealing with GD. Even though this is baby #3 for me and I've been through the transition from
    1-2 before, I'm still so nervous about adding a baby into the mix and I'm really nervous about how my 3 year old will do. My induction is also set for 9/1 and I'm more nervous at this point than excited because of all the unknowns. If it helps any, when I had my second baby my first took right to the big brother role and it was so much less stressful than I thought it was going to be. I had myself totally worked up for nothing. 
  • Restless legs is going to make me lose my shit.  I can't lay in bed, I can't even sit up in the recliner in the nursery because I am so uncomfortable.  What the hellllllllllll
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Restless legs is going to make me lose my shit.  I can't lay in bed, I can't even sit up in the recliner in the nursery because I am so uncomfortable.  What the hellllllllllll
    Hot bath?? That's basically the only thing that works for me.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• @mamadomino, restless legs are the worst! I hope your able to find some relief soon! 
  • @kosmo86 You're so close!!! Also love your updates!! 
  • @UnwritteN12 that's what I'm doing right now.  I've been taking unisom to help me sleep but now I'm wondering if it's making it worse. 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• @kosmo86 almost to the finish line!!!! Hope it moves fast for you now! 
  • @mamadomino -- this happens to me too! My OB suggested I start drinking smart water and it has absolutely helped. I think it's the magnesium they add to the water. Might be worth a shot for these final days...
  • @TheTamedShrewwanted to echo what others have said and let you know I'm so sorry your family isn't being supportive. We all can't wait to see your squish, and I'm sure once she is here your family will rush to go see her! 

@camichael84 I'm not dealing with GD but can relate to the mom guilt. With DS the end of my pregnancy went so slow because I was anxious to meet him and love on him. This time it is going so fast because I'm anxious about labor and DS no longer getting all the attention, and although I'm excited to meet this LO it feels short changed compared to how I felt with DS. I think as STMs we are also likely to remember the tough parts about having a newborn along with the awesome ones (not saying FTMs are oblivious, it's just a different expectation when you've lived through it already). I'm trusting all PP when they say once baby is here, you'll love them just as much :)
  • @kosmo86 Hope you're hanging in there OK! Stay strong, mama!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• KimmySchmidtKimmySchmidt member
    edited August 2016
    @camichael84 I do  not have GD (which sounds like it TOTALLY sucks) but I am lready having STM guilt. I took my HDBD photos every week with LO1. I have ONE for this child. For LO1 I crocheted a blanket, so I was like "better crochet this baby a blanket so they each have a blanket made for them by their mom" I'm like 2/3 of the way done. There's not a snowballs chance in hell I'm finishing it before the baby comes! S/he will lucky to ever receive it as this rate. 

Im no expert, but I'm pretty sure having a second means a lifetime of feeling this way. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Yay @seitzy3! Hope things go quickly and smoothly for you!!! Can't wait to hear of her arrival!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Good luck today @seitzy3 hope everything goes smoothly!

@kosmo86 hoping you're holding your LO really soon, if not already!

@TheTamedShrew I'm sorry you're feeling this way about how your family reacted to your email. I'm sure they're all excited, but just haven't shown it the way you'd expect. I do hope that they show their excitement when the baby arrives! Good luck mama!

@camichael84 I don't have a lot to add, aside from don't feel bad about your feelings. I think wanting pregnancy to be over because of GD or any type of complication is fair. It doesn't mean you love her any less. What they say is true - each pregnancy is very different from the next so it's understandable to have a different experience this time. As soon as she arrives you will love her just the same as the day you met your first.

@mamadomino sorry to hear you've been so uncomfortable with the restless legs. I only experienced it a few times and boy it's really annoying. I hope a bath or some other remedy helps you to find relief real soon! 
  • camichael84camichael84 member
    edited August 2016
    @kosmo86 I also have loved your updates, and hope you're currently enjoying snuggles with your baby!

@seitzy3 Good luck today! I hope it all goes quickly and smoothly, and can't wait to see pics of Ava!

@AshleyB09042015 Congrats! She is adorable! Sorry it was so rough in the end, but I'm glad to hear you are together now and both doing well!

ETA: Thank you, all, for reassuring me about my mom guilt. It does help knowing I'm not the only one that feels this way. 

• @AshleyB09042015 congrats on your beautiful girl!!

@seitzy3 good luck today!
  • Good luck today @seitzy3!!

Our power went out last night for 3 hours, it was hot as balls in the master br without the a/c or fans, so I just laid on the bed like a sad beached whale until dh brought me a battery powered fan. 

Pregnancy Ticker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th
  • @seitzy3 ahhh good luck today!!! 

@mamadomino I feel you on the restless legs. They are driving me insane and I haven't found a remedy. Let me know if you find something that works!!