March 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread: Week of 07/25

Re: Symptoms Thread: Week of 07/25

• I'm gonna list these out because I'm starting to lose track.
    - the gas, oh god, the gas
    - so much bloat
    - pregnancy brain. There are moments where my brain can't even human. Much less cat.
    - easily winded, not as lightheaded or dizzy anymore, but just that feeling of being dreadfully out of shape when I exercise or exert a lot of energy :neutral:
    - some excessive drooling
    - queasiness, usually after breakfast or in very hot and humid places, which is basically everywhere right now. 
    - constipation, which is much better this time around actually, since I'm taking OB-approved Colace
    - moments of ravenous hunger and EVERYTHING sounds good, to little appetite and nothing sounds good. I am eating more like 4-6 small meals now than being able to gulp everything down between 3 meals. 
    - frequent urination on the rise. Starting to get up in the middle of the night to pee.
    - I've had sore nipples since the first BFP, but now the boobs are just as sore. 
    - The mild cramping, low ache, RLP, pulling/stretching, tender and only occasionally lightning crotch that is my abdomen. Sometimes my lower back too but only in certain positions and after woo-hoo
    This... all of this. @dubcompanion I couldn't have written it better myself. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Im 7+4 and this last week I have have felt so nauseous. I've not been sick at all, just have this constant wave of nausea and as a result a complete loss of appetite. This is so weird for me because I love eating. I have some lower back pain on and off and sore boobs but apart from that no other symptoms. I get to meet my Midwife next week so wishing the days away until August 3rd.
  • justxlaughjustxlaugh member
    edited July 2016
    I am nauseous all. The. Time. I just got back from Europe and anytime I think about anything related to the trip, especially the food, I get sooo nauseous. Even thinking about planes, luggage, buses.....oh god I can't...

i wont be talking about this trip for a while.

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Dr. Seuss
  • Being my first pregnancy, i never in my wildest dreams thought i would feel as sucky as i do right now.. 

Yep.  I've decided the first trimester is some sort of cruel joke.  I mean, I'm happy to be pregnant, I just feel like garbage all.the.time.
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sore boobs, which are already up a cup size and make sleeping ridiculous because I have to arrange them every time I turn over. 
    The MS is hitting full force the last three days, if I'm awake I'm nauseous.  
    Sooooo exhausted like I spend half my day just randomly laying down because I'm so tired.   My spoiled kids are becoming self sufficient because I'm lucky if I have energy to make one meal much less 3.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Nausea.  Oh the nausea.  I started zofran last Monday.  Seemed to be working as long as I took it twice a day....I don't think it's working anymore.
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  •  where do I begin

- Wake up Nausea. Constant nausea

- Nausea all day.....

- I have gotten better at not puking but literally forcing myself not to puke

- I really hate food. I hate all food. I don't want to eat anything ever ever ever. Last night I had 1 1/2 PBJ though, I was so proud of myself. IT did help with night nausea

- SO THIRSTY

- sore sore boobs.... can I just not wear a bra. ever

- so So tired. and then the waves of omg im totally exhausted.

- I think I have maybe <1hr a day where I feel totally yay. normalish..? awake.

- being a functional adult at work is harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

- GOODNESS MY SUPERHUMAN NOSE. I SMELL EVERYTHINGGGGGGGG... I have told my hubby he cant use certain hair spray. cologne. so on.......

- constipated, or watery.... there's only 2 ways....

- my doc said ill show a lot sooner, and on top of that im shorter..... hubby swears I am already. I still think its just bloat, but when I wake up in the am.. I do see a little... bit of bump.... (maybe ill do a bump pix later and post it haha)

oh the side note. anybody's pets been acting funny? clingy? more protective? I think my doggie is a little bit

SaveSave
  • I'm going between nauseous and ravenous today. Also, super crampy and exhausted. Trying to act like a human at work.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• edited July 2016
    Nauseous oh oh so nauseous. The only time it feels better is when I am actively eating or drinking, which is causing a problem. I had pretty bad nausea with my first pregnancy but this is taking the cake. 
    I'm glad other people mentioned the cramping - mine is getting better but it's always concerning. 
    Coughed yesterday and had RLP so bad I screamed. Oops. 
    Boobs hurt but are slightly better - as in my shirt can touch them without wanting to cry. 
    The shitting...so much shitting. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • any one experience shortness of breath?

SaveSave
    All the time! I have a giant, steep flight of stairs that I have to climb up to my office every day, and it's torture on my lungs right now!
    Just a little this time, but with my first pregnancy it was really bad right from the start. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    I had to give a presentation yesterday and was out of breath with every sentence.  So much heavy breathing. :#  Why is this happening?
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Is anyone else feeling a complete lack of appetite? 

The past two days I have packed the most perfect healthy pregnancy lunch but by the time lunchtime rolls around my appetite is completely gone. Even thinking about eating makes my stomach drop... Can I just take a nap instead?

The past two days I have packed the most perfect healthy pregnancy lunch but by the time lunchtime rolls around my appetite is completely gone. Even thinking about eating makes my stomach drop... Can I just take a nap instead?
    I have but im trying to force myself to eat or ill feel even worse.....

SaveSave
  • Does anyone have upper back pain?? I am really so uncomfortable all day with this ache in my thoracic spine and upper lumbar.

I tried to look up if it was normal and I always find things that say it's normal in the second half of pregnancy. Why am I such a mess already? between this and the achey legs I am so upset. My RE shrugged off the achey legs but I am going to ask the OB when I see her next week. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • chrlyrchrlyr member
    OMG, the bloating. I couldn't button my pants this morning. That's not usually a problem until the afternoon. I'm ready for maternity pants. Like full panels. I'm so obviously pregnant-looking (with my bloat baby) that I'm sure my whole office knows by now...
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker

I have but im trying to force myself to eat or ill feel even worse.....
    Yes!! Exactly not eating makes me feel worse than eating but eating sucks. Chicken broth worked well my last time so trying it again starting today. I am just nauseous all of the time and I kno I have about 8-9 more weeks of this ahead of me if it is like last time. But I know it is all worth it so I just keep saying " at least I'm pregnant"

• update: I just ate starbucks banana nut bread, all of it!!! 1 im proud I actually ate it all, 2 OMG IT TASTED SO GOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD 3. I hope I don't feel queasy suddenly soon

SaveSave
  • Gas pain so bad I can barely walk upright. 

Nausea - which leads to lack of appetite, which leads to worse nausea. 

Fatigue. I need a nap every day. 
  • wintersongwintersong member
    edited July 2016
    Does anyone have upper back pain?? I am really so uncomfortable all day with this ache in my thoracic spine and upper lumbar.

I tried to look up if it was normal and I always find things that say it's normal in the second half of pregnancy. Why am I such a mess already? between this and the achey legs I am so upset. My RE shrugged off the achey legs but I am going to ask the OB when I see her next week. 
    My only suggesting for achy legs is water water water. I would be concerned about blood clot If the ache in one spot gets more intense and you start to see redness or awelling. otherwise I've had the same thing in the last if I get dehydrated. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The bloat is subsiding now that my apetite is gone. I asked DH to bring me a Happy Meal today bc all I wanted was a thin, tiny hamburger. So far it's managed to stay down. Thank  god. I'm so tired of puking.

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • @irishrose54 sometimes achy or cramps legs can mean low potassium as well. Definitely keep hydrated like @longliveregina said, and maybe try a banana or other high potassium food.
  • chrlyrchrlyr member
    Well, I didn't miss lightning crotch, that's for sure. This was more like lightning crotch junior, but definitely in the lightning crotch family.  :s
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Dom_GDom_G member
    I've been peeing more and waking up at night or very early morning to pee. I have on and off mild  lower stomach cramping and short back twinges. Niples are darker and bigger and radon boob soreness. And I'm a bit more tired then usualy. No nausea yet... so far so good :)
  • oh the side note. anybody's pets been acting funny? clingy? more protective? I think my doggie is a little bit

My dog too... I think he knows.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• Feeling pukey. Haven't actually puked yet though. It's like a slow rise. Thought I was gonna be awesome and avoid this all together  :|
    I am in the same boat as you! I have been feeling so great while everyone else was getting morning sickness and then Saturday.....BAM ....nausea, nausea, nausea. To make matters worse I work at a summer camp with 5/6 year olds and we are outside 80% of the day. I have been feeling horrible. Good luck!!!
  • Hi Ladies!! *5 weeks*

well I just found out 2 days ago that my fiancé and I are pregnant with our 2nd baby. Our rainbow baby! :) 

ive just been feeling nauseous and during the night feeling very hungry. Much different than compared to last year when I was pregnant!
  • 3 words. Lower Back Pain...... anyone else?

SaveSave
  • A few times yesterday, I would feel sudden, hard pinching in my lower left abdomen (rah, as I typed that, I felt a small pinch). It's nothing like menstrual cramps. They're less than a second each, and I can't even necessarily call it pain. More like a strong pressure or quick squeeze. The pinching put me in a rather worried mood, so it helped when I woke up this morning and my boobs felt like they were on fire. I'm going to attribute the pinching to RLP for now and assume all is well!
  • @MrsWilson830521 OH MY GOD! I would be dying if I had to be outside all day with children lol. Nope nope nope!

And on the topic of animals, I always cringed at people who said they could "tell they were pregnant" before even having a positive test because of their animals being all over them (still do), but holy shizzzz my animals will not leave me alone! Last night literally both dogs and my cat, who is usually in another room somewhere, were laying on top of me on the couch! I was like DH, call them over to you! And none of them would go! I don't know that I can take this for 9 months lol - too needy!
  • Is anyone else suffering from yeast infections? I was on an antibiotic a couple weeks ago for a UTI, and I've had a yeast infection ever since. I've tried the topical creams (they won't let you use pessaries in the first trimester here), I'm eating yogurt, taking a probiotic, wearing cotton underwear, etc and this damn thing still won't go away. I know you're more prone to them with pregnancy, but there's got to be something else I can do!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @npaulie *guiltily raises hand* I'm going to talk to my OB at my appointment on Friday. It was an issue during my previous pregnancy too. It's so annoying to have, on top of all the pregnancy symptoms! 
  • @dubcompanion was there anything specific your OB suggested last time? Are there other OTC meds you can take? A friend of mine is traveling to the states this weekend, so might ask her to pick something up for me that they don't sell here. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited July 2016
    @npaulie He said OTC treatment like Monistat is perfectly safe and clears things right up. That's interesting they don't let you use pessaries in the first trimester. If you haven't already, I would visit your local OB and make sure it's a yeast infection first (even if you're 100% positive it is), just to be safe. You can always have your friend pick you up Monistat anyway and have it on hand once the infection has been confirmed. 

ETA: I've heard of people treating YI by applying unflavored, plain yogurt directly down there. Apparently that can be effective too, but I've never done that.
  • Thank you ladies @longliveregina@Scarlett830. Also, sorry for my delayed response. My app doesn't let me post on the board anymore for some reason. So annoying. Anyhoo - I ate a banana this morning and am already on my third 20oz water bottle of the day. I may have to slow down actually lol. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sometimes I feel like I could eat everything in sight, the last 2 days just the thought of food makes me nauseated...and the gagging! I don't really throw up but gag at everything. DH finds it amusing which makes me cry....yep life in a nutshell..can't wait to see the little thing on the US next week so I can at least feel like thia is all worth it lol.
  • Symptoms have been pretty non-existent for me so far. I haven't had any nausea (thankfully). I am really tired but I also go to bed late and wake up early so that's kind of normal for me. Other than that, my breasts are only sore when I take my bra off at night. I don't notice it during the day but holy cow...when the bra comes off they are SO heavy. 

Pregnancy doesn't feel real yet but I know once I hear the heartbeat it will all be different! 
    Me: 24 DH: 27
    High School Sweethearts: 10/13/06
    Married: 10/13/13
    Baby #1 EDD: 3/20/17

Pregnancy Ticker