September 2016 Moms
Options

Moms who bump in the night

Re: Moms who bump in the night

• Options
    Hello MOTN  crowd. I've always gotten up a ton but generally not for this long. I'm up due to these f'n itchy as hell bumps that are still to be diagnosed for sure. TMI warning  they have spread to some very uncomfortable places. I swear chickenpox was easier. H was nice/didn't want to be next to my restless self and is sleeping on the couch. I don't want to wake him but I want the TV.
  • Options
    @jhems776 cortisone is safe to apply if you have any. I got poison ivy earlier this summer and it was a lifesaver. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @KimmySchmidt Thanks! Will get that tomorrow. I've been using the medicated Gold Bond lotion, it works good for an hour or so but I'm only allowed to use it four times a day. I'm starting week two of this and it just keeps getting worse. Tried the Aveeno oatmeal baths that did nothing. Ugh, will try and do anything at this point.
  • Options
    I'm up with you too @jhems776 and @KimmySchmidt. Sorry about the itching @jhems776. I have no advice but offer my sympathy. I can't imagine how awful that must be.

I'm up because I woke up for the millionth time to pee but couldn't get comfy again. Then he decides it's party time and won't stop kicking. I love feeling him kick but wish he would do it when it's convenient for me ;) Of course he's back to sleep now that I'm up.

I'm hungry for some peanut butter English muffins and Netflix. I'm gonna be hating life tomorrow...
    Me - 33  DH - 36
    DD 10/4/02
    DS due 9/28/16

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I've been getting up in the MOTN a lot with this pregnancy. But this is the first time I was awake long enough to be driven out of bed by hunger. 

We are hosting a birthday party at my house today. Its gonna be rough. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    330am and I just moved to the recliner to try and get some good rest, but now I can't fall asleep. :(
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    The upstairs neighbours decided to be super gracious and came down at 10 30 pm to let us know they're having a party! No shit, because people play thumping raver music when they're having a spa night... I was like that's cool, but DH has to get up early tomorrow for work so if you could shut it down by like 1, that would be great. One of them started to argue and I was like no, I get that you want to celebrate whatever it is you're celebrating, but you need to understand that people live below you and don't necessarily have the same lifestyle you do, so it gets shut down by no later than 1 am or we're going to have a problem, that may or may not involve the landlord or a noise complaint to the police. So right now we still have to listen to the thump thump of music, but otherwise it's not too bad... we'll see how long that lasts. Until then, since I can't sleep with this noise, we're watching Netflix and pigging out on popcorn. 
  • Options
    Hope they listened and ended the rave music by 1am @yellowrose314

surprise surprise...I'm up again! And tonight started out so well. Ugh! I'm going to try and eat something? 

@ammcc12 the recliner has been my BFF this pregnancy. Hope it works for you! 
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    I am up, as I haven't fallen asleep yet. I came to the couch to sleep but had to get my phone to time what I *think* are contractions?? Pain I've never felt before, starting in upper abdomen and radiating down until everything hurts and I can't really move. Only had 2 so far, 18 mins apart. Ahh!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I was almost asleep at a decent time, dozing off and everything but then stupid acid reflux kicked in all of sudden so now here I am 4 hours later still awake. 
    @yellowrose314 hope you didn't have to call and complain. I don't see what they could be celebrating that they felt they even had a leg to stand on when it came to arguing about people needing to get up early. I feel like 1am is a very generous amount of time to let them party. 
    @RG1 anything come of them? I've been having horrible BH contractions but nothing productive so far. It's quite frustrating. Don't need to be in pain if it's not getting me anywhere. 
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    @toimadness1Ugh nothing came of it :( so disappointing. I feel ya - either be labor or don't put me in pain. Come on body
  • Options
    Music was off and stomping stopped by 115 am. I was satisfied. They came down this morning and apologized, and then we sat down with some coffee and I explained that we understood that they liked to have a good time, but we're going to have a newborn baby in about a month and there needs to be an equal amount of respect for the other party in regards to noise. They were pretty understanding, but we'll see how long that lasts...
  • Options
    It is totally my favorite when I wake up to pee at 2 am and can't get back to sleep only to have the husband reprimand me twice for staring at my phone because staring at a bright thing is counterproductive to sleeping. Oh I'm sorry, would you like to wake up for no reason at 2 am on your day off and then get yelled at while I sleep soundly next to you? Ugh. So angry. And I'm also hungry but I just took my thyroid meds so I still have to wait at least an hour until I can eat
  • Options
    Anyone else up right now? Been up since 2:45 and can't fall back to sleep  :s Holy hip pain is out of control. I have a pillow between my legs and it's not making any difference at all. Considering taking a Benodryl just to get some rest but I don't want to be out of it in the morning!  
    Me: 26 DH: 33
    Married: 6/14/14
    TTC immediately
    BFP: 11/19/14 MC:12/3/14
    BFP:  2/27/15 Blighted Ovum: 4/10/15, D&C 4/13/15- Trisomy16
    BFP: 12/29/15 EDD: 9/15/16!!  Please be our miracle baby!

• Options
    @ahackett1990 I'm up with heartburn. Again. I haven't made it through the night without getting up for an hour + in weeks. 

Im so over this sh*t.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @KimmySchmidt waaah  :( I've resigned to the fact that I'm not going back to sleep tonight/this morning. Man I used to get kickass sleep, even up until a few weeks ago. Now I'm a mess. 

Thank god god for TB and our Fbook group, though. Keeps me occupied. 
    TTC immediately

• Options
    I said to my husband last night "I hear how ridiculous this sounds. Because I know il going to be getting up more, and that I'm going to be more tired. But I can't wait for the baby to come out so that when I do go to bed, I the sleep I get is of any quality." 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @KimmySchmidt I'm a FTM but I've heard so many people say that even though your sleep is much more broken when baby arrives, it's much more restful sleep. That's all I'm asking for at this point lol. 
    TTC immediately

• Options
    @KimmySchmidt, my insomnia went away as soon as I had my daughter, so I know that double edged sword of finally being physically able to sleep, but not allowed. It's a slap in the face!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I said to my husband last night "I hear how ridiculous this sounds. Because I know il going to be getting up more, and that I'm going to be more tired. But I can't wait for the baby to come out so that when I do go to bed, I the sleep I get is of any quality." 

I'm not going to apologize for all the typos in here because I'm tired AF. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Ehrm ditto @bunnymay ... I am dying just dying to get four hours of continuous sleep but between pumping and switching off with DH to care for LO it's impossible. I also am soooo over pumping (wish I could do it whenever I wanted instead of when my breasts feel engorged). I slept better during my third trimester..ahh.
  • Options

Not ridiculous. At least when there's a baby, the sleep is actual sleep and not this tossing and turning heart burning hip paining crap. 
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Had a stressful morning trying to resolve some disability paperwork I forgot to complete and now feeling the onset of hives (ha, just like the defense lawyer in The Night Of). I just took some allergy meds so will likely pump and dump on my next round. Now I'm wide awake staring at LO in her bassinet, making sure I can see her breathing.

Speaking of TV, fall shows are coming back soon! Woohoo for TWD, Scandal, etcetera!
  • Options
    @frogdog06 You're supposed to dump after allergy meds!? Holy smokes I didn't even think about that. I haven't taken any but it makes me wonder what else would require dumping?
  • Options
    @frogdog06 You're supposed to dump after allergy meds!? Holy smokes I didn't even think about that. I haven't taken any but it makes me wonder what else would require dumping?
    Check out LactMed for a listing of BFing safe medications. 
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Up every 30 minutes(or so it seems) for the last 5 hours... Between not being able to sleep Anyway (general hip pain, etc) PRETtY sure ive started going into Labor (yay!) But it's the middle of the night, I want to get what rest I can, and I don't want to wake up DH for contractions that seem consistent and yet still SO far apart. Not close enough together that I have tried timing them.. 
    Whats the Facebook page this group has? I remember hearing about it forever ago but forgot to join..
  • Options
    The app Mommymeds is another good one that gives the safety level for the different trimesters of pregnancy and the different stages of breastfeeding.
  • Options
    @mom2adoodle No, no! Haha sorry for the freak out. I was itching so bad, I popped all three - Claritin, Zyrtec, and an Allegra - to prevent a full on hives breakout. I just dumped as a precaution due to my pill popping. Per my OB/GYN, the three (taken individually, per recommended dosage) are fine. :)
  • Options
    @SarahNH1 Yay for possible labor! I hope it continues and this is it (also hope you're getting a little rest)!
  • Options
    So I have been having headaches all day. Figured it was probably niece-induced (god almighty she's a handful), but it's been constant all day. Took my BP at 730 and it was 139/89, which isn't over that threshold of 140/90 that my midwife told me to look out for, but still way higher than I normally am (I've usually been 110-125/65-80. I took it again at 1130 pm and it was 141/101 on the right and 156/95 on the left. Wayyyy higher than I've ever seen it. And now my right hand is slightly swollen. No facial swelling, feet aren't swollen either. No blurred vision... I know I should call my midwife but it's like midnight and I'm waffling. Should I wait another half hour and take my BP again or just suck it up and call?? Hope someone's up to see this.
  • Options
    toimadness1toimadness1 member
    edited September 2016
    @yellowrose314 I would call. 156/95 is very high and with headache. Better to go ahead and call! 
  • Options
    @yellowrose314 I'd call just in case. But I was also the one who was induced 6 weeks early with no other symptom but elevated liver enzymes that were apparently a sign of preeclampsia! Go figure. Good luck! 
  • Options
    At the hospital. BP is still high so we're doing some blood tests. 
  • Options
    Good luck!!
  • Options
    @yellowrose314 thinking of you and LO. Hope the BP and tests are coming back ok. Keep us posted if you have time :)
    Me - 33  DH - 36
    DD 10/4/02
    DS due 9/28/16

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    5th hour straight of being wide awake. At this point I should just get up and have breakfast
  • Options
    AmMcc12AmMcc12 member
    edited September 2016
    I'm awake and back in the recliner. Tonight it's not due to pregnancy though. DH is snoring and smacking his lips in his sleep which is the most annoying sound! If I had stayed in bed I'm not sure he would have survived the night!
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    I hope they figure out what is going on and you start to feel better ASAP!
  • Options
    AmMcc12 said:
    I'm awake and back in the recliner. Tonight it's not due to pregnancy though. DH is snoring and smacking his lips in his sleep which is the most annoying sound! If I had stayed in bed I'm not sure he would have survived the night!
    That would've gotten a throat punch. 
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker