September 2016 Moms
Options

Moms who bump in the night

I saw this on another board and thought it was cute lol its for all of us with pregsomia or later for MOTN feedings. 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Moms who bump in the night

• Options
    I can't fall asleep for at least 2-3 hrs after my FI and I just get so bored
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Megan324 said:
    I can't fall asleep for at least 2-3 hrs after my FI and I just get so bored
    Blah. Me, too. Then I'm awake by 7:30, which has been before DD has been waking up. I kind of enjoy the me-time of it, but I'll be tired all day then not able to sleep again the next night.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm here too!! H is snoring away
  • Options
    It's only 9pm here but I'll be checking in at 3am when I wake up to pee and can't go back to bed for another 2-3 hours :(
  • Options
    I stay so very hot that sleep is impossible for me most nights. Add in that DD1 is sick and I'll be worrying about her breathing all night long, no sleep to be had in this house.
  • Options
    I have no problem sleeping due to pregnancy. My problem is due to toddler. She has been getting up at 1:00 though, so hopefully this is it for the night and she's not up again in 2 hours!
  • Options
    JLmama118 said:
    The insomnia is starting in so I'll be bumping. On my last BMB we had a nighttime check in for MOTN feedings and I loved having something to read to keep me awake. 
    Looking for to this! I bump in the night because of insomnia and I know I'll be looking through the threads here in MOTN feedings. 
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I have no problem sleeping due to pregnancy. My problem is due to toddler. She has been getting up at 1:00 though, so hopefully this is it for the night and she's not up again in 2 hours!
    Mine is a combo of the two. Blah. 
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh good, DD got up twice tonight. 
  • Options
    I'm with you ladies bumping in the night tonight... Pregsomnia - 1, Jenn - 0. DD has been up twice but that was nothing compared to the insane indigestion and swollen limbs, which are the real culprits that are keeping me awake.

Speaking of - this swelling! Did NOT have this problem when pregnant with DD (even though it was the same time of year). I always thought it was bothersome simply due to the unsightliness. I didn't realize until now how uncomfortable it actually feels! I have sandbags for feet and hands!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    RedMarRedMar member
    Here I am!!! Toddler awake at 345=no sleep for this momma for awhile. About to plug in my hypnobirthing but don't want to wake DH. I too love the idea of motn threads to keep me awake while nursing 
  • Options
    RN1stBae said:
    I'm sitting here waiting for my last shift for three weeks to end!!!! 30 minutes till fffrreeddoommmm!!!!!
    I'm so jealous! I have 11 shifts left til baby and my shift has an hour left yet. Enjoy your time off!
  • Options
    RN1stBae said:
    I'm sitting here waiting for my last shift for three weeks to end!!!! 30 minutes till fffrreeddoommmm!!!!!
    Hurray!!! Sorry this is in the AM, but excited that (by now) you're done!! Are you just taking vacation or like done done until mat leave? My last shift was a few days ago, didn't realize it was going to be my last shift though, OB put me on medical leave until babe is born, so I'm a little sad... and then I realize I don't have to wake up at 0530 anymore and drive the 30 minutes to work!!
  • Options
    I'm officially PRN! I work one day in August and one day in September.  And to be honest and throw a little confession out there I think I might call in to the one in September :) It's hard enough as it is NOW! September? I'll be like 37.5 weeks! With my luck they'll assigned me a 400 pound delirious CIWAA patient with C diff and some mass transfusion patient.  On precautions.  Both of them.  Lol.  No thank you.  
  • Options
    RN1stBae said:
    I'm officially PRN! I work one day in August and one day in September.  And to be honest and throw a little confession out there I think I might call in to the one in September :) It's hard enough as it is NOW! September? I'll be like 37.5 weeks! With my luck they'll assigned me a 400 pound delirious CIWAA patient with C diff and some mass transfusion patient.  On precautions.  Both of them.  Lol.  No thank you.  
    Woohoo! Casual for the win!! Do it, call in, DGAF (if you can afford to). The thought of working through August actually almost had me in tears; no AC in the hospital (it's broken, and they said there's no point in fixing it before the end of the summer because we're moving to a new hospital before next summer... jerks). On my last day they tried to assign me a patient who they were thinking may have the mumps! Test results hadn't come back yet and I was like nooooooope. Thankfully the CC stepped in and was like absolutely not, but I got a couple of side eyes from the PCA's, who obviously don't understand the dangers of contracting mumps when pregnant. Also, it's a long weekend, and we always get a mass admission of literally ALL THE CIWA's. Last long weekend we had 6... 6!!!! All of them needed one-to-one care. FML.
  • Options
    Nurses: I saw this the other day and thought of you guys!! Plus, this site has the cutest freaking stuff. Their Muslim blankets and swaddles are gorgeous. 

https://www.spearmintlove.com/doctor-layette-set-pink/
  • Options
    yellowrose314yellowrose314 member
    edited August 2016
    @MrsVoorhees I love me some Muslim blankets... lol sorry, couldn't let that one slip by.

Also that is super super cute. But is it weird that I side-eyed that they have a doctor's outfit but not a nurses? Sorry, pet peeve of mine. Thanks for the link though! My credit card hasn't burst into flames yet, which means I can do more online shopping :smile:
    Edit: Because I hit enter without being finished.
  • Options
    Chiming in bc I'm still working and can't vent to anyone here about it. Is it terrible that I have zero patience or sympathy for the moms that come in to OB at 25 weeks and are complaining that they're soooo miserable. Or, for the dads that just don't have the energy to hold a leg for more than 3 minutes so they pass it back off to me after I've been holding it up for 30. Um, honey, your nurse is due any day and you have no clue what miserable is. 
  • Options
    Ok, someone talk me down. A friend of ours has a puppy she's trying to find a home for. She's an 8 week old german shepherd/rottie/wolf cross, already trained and housetrained. Great with cats (we have 2)... we're both kind of in love with her. Practicality is saying "you live in a 1 bedroom suite, and you have a baby due in 2 months..." DH is no help because he's wanted to get a dog FOREVER, and is trying to rationalize everything. The house situation is fixable, our landlord is going to hold a 2 bedroom place for us as soon as she has one up for rent. But BIL and his ex got a dog like 3 months before their daughter was born, and just completely neglected the poor thing and she's now the worst behaved dog I've ever met, and I don't want that to happen to us or any dog we would get. Ughhhh the struggle is reallllllll
  • Options
    I was looking for this thread....I don't sleep anymore.  Unless it's during office hours, then I seem to have no trouble.  It's kind of amazing that I haven't been fired yet!

@yellowrose314, I am terribly impulsive about those kind of things and I get wanting a dog and just doing it.  I think I told DH that I wanted ours on Thursday and by Saturday, we had moved her in.  But, I think your gut is telling you what you already know...that a baby takes a lot of time away from what you would be able to dedicate to a dog.  If nothing else, there are always dogs in need and, if after baby has been here for 3 months, you decide that you still want one...there will be some fur creature meant to come live with you. 

@jas1982, we are having storms tonight.  As you can see, our bed hog is having NO trouble getting some zzzz's 

• Options
    VeraMaliVeraMali member
    edited August 2016
    @yellowrose314 don't do it!!! I'm a sucker for dogs too but that first year or two with puppies is exhausting. We already had 2 year old daughter, a cat, a 5 year old weenie dog and a baby on the way in March when my husband convinced me to take in a 9 week old puppy. I'm now desperately trying to rehome her before the new baby gets here because I am basically neglecting her needs already. She is very sweet but has so much energy still and needs constant attention which I don't have the time or energy to give her. She's even started tearing things up to get any attention from me. I strongly advise waiting to get a puppy until your baby is older!
  • Options
    You guys, I tried to pack my hospital bag today and after 3 hours, there were like 3 things in it.  I just couldn't focus and in the back of my head I kept thinking, "it's too early to do this."  But I have a maximum of 4 weeks left. I kind of need to get less ADD about packing!  
  • Options
    @jas1982 @Ssoccerball Neither of you get points for advice because you posted adorable pictures of your dogs, which DH saw and was like SEE that's why I want a dog... lol. 
  • Options
    @yellowrose314 secretly I'm just lobbying for pics of a puppy, lol
  • Options
    @jas1982 @Ssoccerball Neither of you get points for advice because you posted adorable pictures of your dogs, which DH saw and was like SEE that's why I want a dog... lol. 
    Ha!  Here, let me rectify that.  Last summer, after being crated for two years, I thought we could start leaving our dog out in our bedroom for small periods of time while we were gone.  We started with 20 minutes and slowly worked our way up.  She did great!  Until a month later, when we came home to find this:
    The moral of the story is...when your baby has had their third blowout and your day is already going wrong, a dog will pull this kind of garbage and make it all the worse!  
  • Options
    @Ssoccerball exactly what I was talking about. We came home the other day from a super stressful outing to the Dr's with our toddler in tow to find our dog had eaten the entire outer layer off of the back of the bathroom door. 
  • Options
    I definitely don't recommend getting a puppy right before a baby! They are a lot of work and require a lot of training to be well behaved. They're cute and sweet until your up in the motn dealing with the puppy and a baby! 

Storms here too tonight. I'm not sleeping, and my poor dog definitely isn't sleeping - she hates thunder. Must. Not. Shop.
  • Options
    @Ssoccerball I'm right there with ya. I finally settled for just making a list of what needs to go and a shopping list for any small items that I want to throw in. I mean, really, I won't be taking any more than the bare essentials and I use most of that on a daily basis. 
  • Options
    @yellowrose314 We adopted our dog 5 months before DD was born. She kept me active right up until l&d. At the time we had a small 2br apartment. It worked out for us. But my dog is only 10lbs, ful-grown.

Pregsomnia is killing me. I even tried Benadryl to see if it's work this time. Still doesn't. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had a yucky migraine today and spent all day relaxing and resting after doing a ton of yard work yesterday. But we got the furniture in the nursery, FINALLY! It's so strange seeing a crib in there but it hasn't really hit me yet, for some reason. I'm thinking reality won't ever "hit me" and I'll just roll with whatever comes next. I'll be like, "oh, okay, I guess it's time to have the baby now? Cool". 

@yellowrose314 puppies are a LOT of work. Super cute and full of love, but I personally wouldn't consider getting one while pregnant, especially so close to bringing home baby. That's just me! 
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Oh look. There are other people awake! Don't mind me. Just sitting here in a hot bath hoping it makes me tired. The cat is keeping me company (sitting on my bump) because she's afraid the water is going to hurt mommy. 

Geez. This vicious cycle of pregsomnia is why I'm ready for a nap at 1 in the afternoon, partway through the workday! My 9am meeting is going to be here too soon. :'(
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    @yallowrose314 Adopt a house broken adult dog? Ok,maybe. A puppy? HELL NO.

You have time between now and baby to get an adult dog used to your home and routine, and even following basic commands if you commit. You will not have time to train a puppy from scratch. And having to worry about it teething on the baby is an unnecessary stress. You will not be able to trust a puppy alone in a room with a bang for a LONG time. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    SsoccerballSsoccerball member
    edited August 2016
    bunnymay said:
    @yellowrose314 We adopted our dog 5 months before DD was born. She kept me active right up until l&d. At the time we had a small 2br apartment. It worked out for us. But my dog is only 10lbs, ful-grown.

Pregsomnia is killing me. I even tried Benadryl to see if it's work this time. Still doesn't. 
    I've tried Benadryl, too, and it seems to have the opposite affect on me.  It makes my mind race and keeps me up!  Last night I took a hot shower and was able to fall asleep by 1:30 am, which is progress!  
  • Options
    @MrsVoorhees I love me some Muslim blankets... lol sorry, couldn't let that one slip by.

Also that is super super cute. But is it weird that I side-eyed that they have a doctor's outfit but not a nurses? Sorry, pet peeve of mine. Thanks for the link though! My credit card hasn't burst into flames yet, which means I can do more online shopping :smile:
    Edit: Because I hit enter without being finished.
    Hahahhaa Muslim's make the *best*
    blankets! Love them!!!

also, no, no, no puppy!! Don't do it!! Don't. Do. It.