September 2016 Moms
Options

Moms who bump in the night

Re: Moms who bump in the night

• Options
    RG1RG1 member
    Thunderstorm here so of course I'm up with the dog. I was having such a good sleep too!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Up at 2:00 am. Can't sleep- feeling like I'm having vertigo. Talked to my midwife at 11:00 because I was so freaked out by the dizziness. I finally fell asleep but not for long. I woke up to pee and realized I'm just having panic/anxiety dreams. Ugh. I had forgotten how utterly exhausting pregnancy is. The next six weeks seem impossibly forever. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tinypikachutinypikachu member
    edited August 2016
    Can't sleep either. Today was the first day that I felt done with pregnancy. I'm 36w so just about 4w to go, assuming I don't go late, and I threw up this morning and dealt with major discomfort, heartburn, nausea, and swelling all day. Not to mention the hips, legs and back pain and the headaches. My BP is fine, though. I was tired all day but couldn't nap for more than a few minutes without having to pee. Every time I moved I got a contraction. I felt irrationally guilty for feeling off mentally because of all the late pregnancy symptoms. It used to be that the only reason I wanted to be done was so I could finally meet my baby but now I just can't even remember what not being pregnant felt like. This baby definitely needs to cook longer though!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    JennM205JennM205 member
    edited August 2016
    Up here too! Was sleeping fine until DD woke up because she couldn't find her cup. I went in, found it, tucked her back in and sang "sunshine" and she was fast asleep again. God, I love that kid! Even though it's the middle of the night and I would really love to be sleeping, I kind of loved those few extra moments I just got with her. The fact that we will soon be a family if four and she won't have my undivided time certainly isn't lost on me so I'll soak it up while I can...even if the sacrifice is me still sitting here wide awake an hour later...

@RG1 How old is your pup? Maybe there's a chance he/she will calm with age. I can't imagine being kept up every time there's a storm, haha! Poor thing (both of you)!

@AlwaysAuntNeverMom Don't get too down on yourself for letting the symtoms get the best of you. It happens...and at 36 weeks if this is the first time you're doing great! Also, it's not necessarily all downhill from here. I had a rough couple of weeks but the last few days I've suddenly felt fairly decent again! Hopefully tomorrow is a better day!

Edited because words.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1am wake up from the kid who told me I forgot to cover her. And now 4am wake up from my husband's alarm. I'm apparently awake for the day. 
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    @jennm205 Our pup is almost 4! (Same birthday as my due date ;)). She used to be fine with storms, then we had a REALLY bad one once where lightening struck right outside the backyard and the thunder was immediate and shook the house. Ever since then she's been scared. I have to make her a cave of blankets around the couches for her to lay in LOL!
  • Options
    @JennM205 I know it's not night anymore, but I wanted to say I feel the same way about DD. Every night when I can't sleep I just wish she would wake up so at least my time isn't totally wasted. People tell me I'm crazy, but I always loved MOTN stuff. I'm looking forward to it again with #2. 
  • Options
    @KimmySchmidt yeah hitting the sheets early was a super fun change. It has me wondering when d day comes if I will fully get it or if I will want to super nest at work in the first stages of labor?!? You hear enough stories where mom's didint know they were in labor or something crazy. 

DH and I realized last night this weekend and next are our last "free" weekends for a very very long time. 
  • Options
    2:30 here and awake for no apparent reason. Anyone up with me??
  • Options
    @rawarr Yep. I hadn't realized I had run out of tums until about an hour ago and my acid reflux is out of control! 
  • Options
    @toimadness1 ugh sorry to hear that!! No spare back-up tums anywhere? DH usually has a couple of bottles randomly througout the house bc he'll buy them and then forget where they are
  • Options
    @rawarr unfortunately not b/c I've already gone through our stash earlier during pregnancy, I didn't realize how low I had gotten.  It's going to be a long night! How bout you? Any sign of sleep coming? 
  • Options
    Acid reflux :( the worst I've ever had it!
    Im out of town at my parents house in a full bed with my husband and dog. no space and no incline. Maybe I'm spoiled but I miss my king adjustable bed so much!!
  • Options
    Woke up an hour ago and watching Olympic highlights. It's Kiddo's first day of prek, idk if that's why i'm awake or because i'm getting more excited about meeting baby. idk, just awake at 230 sucks. i'd rather be sleeping
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Is there a moon cycle for pregsomnia and I'm just on an opposite schedule from everyone?

I had to dig to the second page to find this thread.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    chavezrd2chavezrd2 member
    edited August 2016

ha same here, debating snacking on fruit or haagen das bar... decisions decisions

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    3:30 am and my normally very verbal three year old wakes up without the ability to speak and wanders around my bedroom in the dark like a creeper for 20 minutes before finally telling me she's thirsty but doesn't want the blue cup that's next to her bed. 
    Stories of Reese always remind me of myself as a kid. I'd never stay in my bed when they put me down and would wander into the living room a million times a night. Finally my parents turned around the door handle and locked me in. Also, I always wanted warm milk in the middle of the night. I would wander into my parents room and whisper in my dads ear "daaaaddy". So creepy. Or I would just bring in a blanket and pillow and sleep on their floor without telling them I was there. Good thing they barely ever showed affection to each other or im sure I would be scarred from midnight sexy time when they didn't know I was there 
  • Options
    3:30 am and my normally very verbal three year old wakes up without the ability to speak and wanders around my bedroom in the dark like a creeper for 20 minutes before finally telling me she's thirsty but doesn't want the blue cup that's next to her bed. 
    I think Reese has a piece of my spirit. I totally used to do this to my mom and dad. My mom said I would walk around their room for like half an hour just twirling or sitting on the floor, and then I would stand right in front of where they were sleeping and stare at her or my dad until I woke up, with my face like 2 inches away from theirs. 
  • Options
    @RG1 @yellowrose314 I appreciate the creepy stories. Makes me feel slightly better. This kid just has a personality on her and I appreciate that. Just not in the middle of the night. 

Speaking of middle of the night, hi pregsomnia and heartburn. You weren't missed. 
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, that's me. And I honestly can't pinpoint what triggered the heartburn, and it's always something... So I'm watching Friends. DH woke up and turned over and was not happy. Sorry not sorry dude, it's all I have right now. 
  • Options
    @yellowrose314 love Friends! I've been watching episodes of the office since I feel like I'm up all night. I can't fall asleep propped up but the acid reflux won't let me lay down flat. So until I'm exhausted enough I just watch Netflix. 
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    I'm here to join you guys! Had weird cramps that felt like bad diahhrea was imminent but the cramps would radiate to my back - assuming this is what menstrual cramps feel like? Then I was like "is this labour?!" Couldn't fall asleep for 2.5 hours and then got woken up by H snoring. Frig. 
  • Options
    Our power just finally came back on after a 7 hour outage, leading me to have serious pregnancy rage at nothing (I'm mad at thunder? Weather? Nature?). That plus my night has been one long but annoyingly mild contraction equals no possibility of sleep. Yawn. 
  • Options
    Hey ladies! The heartburn is real! I feel like I will have exceeded my daily recommended dose of tums before I have to get up for the day. 

3-4 AM is not supposed to actually exist. No one is supposed to see it on a clock.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    1am and it's now that my brain decided to start thinking about things to make me stress out, with 6 hours left until my alarm goes off. & of course DH is snoring away like crazy so it's not making sleep come any faster. If anyone knows of a magic cure for snoring I would really appreciate it! :wink:

• Options
    @CindyR29 my cure for getting my husband to stop snoring is to wake him up. Or at least get him on his side
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @KimmySchmidt tried getting him to go on his side and he woke up thinking I was going into labor lol but it worked! He's asleep again minus the snoring  :)

• Options
    I need to keep snacks in my bedside table. I keep waking up starving at odd hours but I'm too lazy to get out of bed and too nice to wake up my husband to do it for me. 
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Been awake for almost 2 hours now, which has pretty much become my usual. 
  • Options
    @drmh22 Preach, sister!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @drmh22 that is perfect. And couldn't agree more. He says he never wakes up when I get up in the middle of the night. Or if he does he falls immediately back to sleep. Yet I wake up to pee at 6am and can't sleep again until my alarm goes off and all I get is snoring. He told me to wake him and move him so I'm going to try that next time. But seriously, how do they sleep through all of this?
  • Options
    Ughhh just had to pick my hubby up at the bar and now I'm trying to go to bed, while he's downstairs watching Ariana grande music videos....ahhhhh don't ask!! He admitted on way home he's feeling scared shitless about baby coming....I get it, it's going to change everything and he obviously doesn't feel as prepared as I do or
    as connected to her as I do. So an innocent night of drinking is fine.....just want to sleep now 
  • Options
    I can't think of anything clever to say, but damn I would love to sleep. Hashtag exhausted. Hashtag wired. 
  • Options
    I'm up with you ladies tonight. Had been feeling crampy all evening but noticed it getting repetitive around bedtime. Timed contractions for a half hour and decided I should get some sleep in case today's a big day! Slept fitfully for about 3 hours through additional contractions. Finally, I felt they were strong enough to wake up, fill DH in and start timing. And now here I sit with only 4 super mild contractions in the last 30 minutes. C'mon body...either let's do this or let's go back to sleep. I'm tired of this game (and I'm sure you ladies are tired of hearing about it from me, haha! Thanks for being an understanding outlet to which I can vent and whine!)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm awake and I feel like the room is spinning when I close my eyes.....should I be concerned? ?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Megan324 said:
    I'm awake and I feel like the room is spinning when I close my eyes.....should I be concerned? ?
    Did you talk your blood sugar?
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers