October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 07.18.2016

Re: Weekly Randoms 07.18.2016

• Options
    So the glucola wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Basically flat sprite. Now I'm waiting for blood work though and it's giving me horrible heartburn and I can't take tums or drink water until after they draw blood. I'm basically a fire breathing dragon. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck @MRSCORKER!!! I was also worried about the heartburn associated with the sugary drink :/ Think they'd be okay with me taking Zantac before hand? 

• Options
    bnsmith85 said:
    Good luck @MRSCORKER!!! I was also worried about the heartburn associated with the sugary drink :/ Think they'd be okay with me taking Zantac before hand? 

Maybe Zantac would be ok. They just don't want you to eat or drink anything after the glucola/before the blood draw so a Zantac before hand to be prepared is probably ok. Ask your OB, I would highly recommend it if it's ok. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    Fingers crossed for you, @MRSCORKER!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    there is a freakin lizard... IN MY HOUSE! I realize that for some of you, this is is probably nbd and you're laughing at me. But it's giving me the heebee jeevees.... and my little terrier is OBSESSED with catching this thing too so it's damn near impossible for me to forget that it's there while I work. I don't like it one bit!
  • Options
    @MRSCORKER Good Luck!

@bnsmith85 Just take it before you drink the Glucola, they want you to do everything like you would normally do before the test, but during, nada. Zero. Ziltch. 
  • Options
    amye102485amye102485 member
    edited July 2016
    @MRSCORKER I love seeing tiny babies! 

My mom ordered our rock n play sleeper and I ordered the baby a new play gym and bath tub this week. I'm excited to start getting his stuff in since there's not much we need, but it's essential stuff we'll need right away.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @MRSCORKER I had my test today too! I also ended up with the lemon-lime flat-Sprite taste, which wasn't as bad as I thought. Surprisingly I didn't get heartburn, usually lots of sugar does that to me, but I did start to feel real sick in the middle and almost thought I was going to throw up, but I managed through it ok. The sugar rush is finally starting to wear off 2 hours later and I'm starting to feel like myself again. Don't think I'm going to need desert at all today!
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • Options
    Kc0825Kc0825 member
    I've thought today was the 25th for 3 days. We have baby appointments and calling hours on the 25th and so we planned for a busy day. Today is the 18th and we have nothing going on lol. 
  • Options
    @bnsmith85 We get little lizards in our house all the time. Our cat brings them in. I don't mind the live ones - I don't like to touch the ones whose tails have come off, but once in a while there is a terribly maimed or dead one and that freaks me the hell out. 

• Options
    Way to go @Kaessi! I love having yard sales. DH and I were planning on having one in the spring, but that didn't happen. Your $342 profit is good motivation for me, though! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would much prefer if this one were just miraculously dead tbh... at least it wouldn't be running around in my house lol @RainMira9e
  • Options
    I have my GD test tomorrow, and I'm nervous. Did they draw blood before, or just after? My veins don't cooperate often, so I think I'm more nervous about that than anything else. I'm also not good with chugging drinks, but we'll see how it goes. 
  • Options
    @ashleyp625... my friend told me that they drew once before and once after. Also, you have 30 mins to drink a drink the size of one of those mini water bottles for kids (maybe a little bigger). So don't feel like you're going to have to slam it in just a few mins. :)  FYI.. that's my experience through proxy of my bestie and the directions/bottle of drink given to me by my OB :)
  • Options
    Thanks, @bnsmith85! That makes me feel better about the drink and worse about the blood ;) I'm glad to know what to expect though. 
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    @ashleyp625 My office just does one draw for the first test. And, it's just a finger prick. I'm supposed to drink the drink 45 minutes before my appointment, then let the office staff know upon arrival that I'm there for my GD test. It's interesting to see everyone's experiences on here, because doctors offices seem to vary so much from person to person.
  • Options
    Hi @ashleyp625 - It's weird to see the different responses, but yes, I had the exact same protocol as @amye102485.  I had the test done on Thursday at noon, and didn't get the results until just now after hounding my doctor's office.  The bloodwork went through Labcorp!
  • Options
    @ashleyp625 My directions were the same as @amye102485. They gave me the drink to take home at the appointment before my glucose test. My appointment was at 8am. I was told to start drinking the drink at 7:15am, and I had 5 minutes to finish it. I was also told to tell them the exact time I finish with the drink. I finished at 7:18am, and they drew my blood at exactly 8:18am.

On a positive note, I actually kinda liked the drink....maybe I'm weird. :)

• Options
    @F47 I'm with you on the eating... I can't seem to get full!  I just ate my Lean Cuisine pasta, a side salad AND a muffin - cuz it was there and I couldn't stop looking at it, so I up and ate it.  And, I'm already thinking about the fruit salad I brought with me for a snack later and the granola bar I keep as "emergency snack" in my desk.  Up until a week ago, I got so full so fast, I was barely eating half a meal.  What has happened?? Why am I now a human garbage disposal??
  • Options
    Can someone please explain to me how the birth announcement thread is supposed to work? I just started looking through them for the first time. I get that you are not supposed to comment on the birth announcement thread unless it is your birth announcement. But is the birth announcement thread also where we are going to put our birth stories? Or does that go somewhere else? 

• Options
    Got my first "Only ONE in there?! Looks like TWINS to me!" yesterday. I know the guy meant well and he's an old man family friend of my husband, so I just politely chuckled and walked away... but jeezuz. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    ashleyp625ashleyp625 member
    edited July 2016
    Well then we will just have to see! :-/ thanks for your responses, everyone. 
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    @LMNOBaby I really need some self control. Some meals I do start getting so full halfway through, but I still finish everything on my plate. I really need to just plate up half a meal. But, no. I'm just eating everything in sight. Good news is, I haven't had anything since my yogurt an hour ago. ;)
  • Options
    The only thing keeping me awake at work today is reading up on the Taylor Swift vs. Kim/Kanye drama. I'm totally Team Kanye.
  • Options
    @scostel2 Off to Google I go...
  • Options
    scostel2 said:
    The only thing keeping me awake at work today is reading up on the Taylor Swift vs. Kim/Kanye drama. I'm totally Team Kanye.
    Only because the Kardashians annoy me to no end must I be Team T.Swift!  :D
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    @scostel2, what drama?  I have catching up to do!

A few months ago, my friends kept talking about "Becky with the good hair" and I was so lost.  I think it's because we don't have cable. lol.