October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 07.18.2016

1789101113»

Re: Weekly Randoms 07.18.2016

• @books&icecream who I can't tag properly - You can't prevent stretch marks. Your moisturizing can help your skin feel better, but it's really hereditary. The marks are too deep to reach with cream.

This is my first baby but I have stretch marks from just gaining weight. (My husband has stretch marks from growing too fast for his skin - our poor kid is doomed.) Mine started where you're describing. Now they're growing upwards and appearing in new places I didn't used to have (like the sides of my belly where I never had such extensive real estate before!) I also had stretch marks on the sides of my boobs - if yours grow a lot (and you're genetically predisposed) you might get them there, too. 

• Thanks @LauraPCOS and @RainMira9e
    I know I am genetically predisposed because I have some on my hips and boobs from puberty and I know overall hydration is the best preventative measure but I figured I'd moisturize juuuust in case it has any effect! I'm so pale that they look like gashes across my skin, so I'm willing to step away from my usual evidence-based opinions and try something just because someone *said* it worked. 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Loading the player...
  • krzyriverkrzyriver member
    edited July 2016
    He

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• I went to edit my post and TB deleted the whole thing. What the heck?! Oh well. It wasn't important anyway. Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• amye102485amye102485 member
    edited July 2016
    @books&icecream I get them on both sides of my belly button and they can go all the way up under my boobs. Everyone is different though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @books&icecream Good news: If you don't have any by now, you may not get any at all. I assumed I would because I have them on my boobs from puberty as well, but none on my belly from babies, and I'm a TTM. It actually depends on the elasticity of your skin in that area. It is also to your benefit that you are fair skinned! FX you dodge that bullet too :)

Before anybody tells me they hate me for not getting stretch marks (not that any of you would, but it's happened plenty before)- My battle scars are the disgusting road map of veins on my legs, and the fact that my butthole and taint will never be the same again.
  • My mom got stretch marks which is supposed to mean I'm doomed, but I didn't get any from DS either - and none so far this time around. I did use the burts bee's mama belly cream last time (using the oil this time because it's got a better EWG safety rating) but...who knows what that really did or not.

I recently read that being 30+ is better than being younger because your skin has "relaxed" a bit and isn't as tight as younger mom's skin - therefore less stretch marks! So yay for us 30+ mamas - cause God knows there aren't any other bodily benefits to having babies later ;) 
  • no matter stretch marks ripping tearing cutting stretching hemmheroids we are all coming out of this somehow messier than we started. including wearing vomit and poop ;) 

also so I mobile bump and when I checked that girl out it kept saying she deleted her profile. that's why it got shady. idk it's over it went insane and it wasn't meant to be interpreted as they did, but dear god I will only lurk and make sure to never post in that crazy place again. 
  • Ok, ladies- question. Can anyone recommend underwear they love? I usually wear thongs, but they are starting to really hurt this week and I have to bite the bullet and make a change. I have no idea where to start. (That sounds really stupid, but I'm desperate)
  • @ashleyp625 I like the fold over underwear from motherhood maternity. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Thanks, @MRSCORKER. I think we are passing a store on the way home from vacation tomorrow- I will have to request a stop :) 
  • @ashleyp625 not sure what kind of things you wear, but I wear the super stringy ones from VS. Theyre usually 5 for $x or something like that. They're so stretchy they're comfortable 
  • I don't usually have success at VS, @bnsmith85, but I'll have to look again! I'll try anything :) I usually wear the lace top ones. I'm thinking seamless might help, because it's rubbing right at the top of my legs. 
  • I wear Hanky Pankys almost exclusively. I wore their low rise ones pre-pregnancy and now the regular rise are perfect. Otherwise I'm wearing the boyshorts from Hanes or MeUndies. All super comfy. 
  • I uh wear the cotton Hanes or Just My Size or whatever from Walmart. I used to wear VS, but they changed the composition to be less cottony and made the crotch sweat worse (and that was before I was pregnant). I have a set of the largest size I've ever found there that I haven't quite grown into yet - but I think I'm about to. Not sure what I'll do after that! My mom told me she never bought maternity underwear, she just wore them below the bump.

• @ashleyp625 ... I just looked them up and I think it's the "T-back v-string" ... They're pretty low rise too so I anticipate I'll be able to wear them until I'm PP.... And if you're anything like me, you're not looking fwd to having to switch to regular undies. My ass just eats those lol 
  • basically none of my underwear and bras fit properly anymore and I've been too lazy to go to market to look for new ones.... 

I've never worn bras to sleep but I feel like my boobs are finally too heavy that I need to start looking into a sleep bra. And from what I understand they are only going to get worse?! 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • you understand correctly :neutral:
  • +1 for MeUndies boy shorts! And bra extenders. I got a 3 pack from Target and I'm dreading the day I have to daisy-chain all three of them to make my bras fit...
  • @kmolleltz - I wear these bras to sleep in every night. They don't offer enough support to wear out (I'm a D cup), but they're perfect for sleeping and wearing around the house. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hanes-Cozy-Bra-Seamless-Pullover-Wirefree-Bra-Style-G19F/52162569
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @bnsmith85 You're right, I've been dreading this for weeks! I'll check them out. 

Thanks everyone! 
  • PrimRoseMamaPrimRoseMama member
    edited July 2016

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I bought a Gilligan and O Malley nursing bra from Target a while back and I love it. I went over the weekend to buy another one and it was on sale for half off, only $8.50!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • LGW2015 said:
    I bought a Gilligan and O Malley nursing bra from Target a while back and I love it. I went over the weekend to buy another one and it was on sale for half off, only $8.50!
    Awesome! I was going to get one of those but had gone through so many sizes and tried so many different ones that I got too frustrated and gave up...might give it a try soon!
  • Oops realized we are commenting on the zombie weekly randoms from last week!