June 2016 Moms
Options

Moms who go Bump in the night/Randoms

Re: Moms who go Bump in the night/Randoms

• Options
    @AmberLiz99 I’m so sorry! That sucks that they were somehow pressured into taking someone less qualified. That’s so stupid...
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    @AmberLiz99 I’m so sorry! That sucks that they were somehow pressured into taking someone less qualified. That’s so stupid...
    Thanks. It also kind of sucks that she told me all that. I know she was trying to be nice, but It's one thing to not be chased, it's another to have earned it and still not be chosen. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @amberliz99 That's total crap, I'm sorry to hear it.  :(
  • Options
    I'm babysitting for this new family in our church congregation. They have a 4 month old, and I just had to go in and soothe her with a paci. She sleeps on their bedroom closet with the door entirely closed. It felt so wierd to close the door on her again when I walked out of there! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It’s finally cold enough that I’ve been inspired to start knitting for the season. I started this hat in a soft grey.

• Options
    meggyme said:
    It’s finally cold enough that I’ve been inspired to start knitting for the season. I started this hat in a soft grey.

I love the pattern! Can't wait to see how it turns out 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Prune juice works wonders! I think some of Damien's fussiness/irritability this week was because of constipation (hasn't pooped in a few days). We started Wednesday giving him a little bit of prune juice in the evenings and tonight he pooped soooo much. Bonus points for being soft since some of his more recent poops have been pretty hard. I gotta tweak his diet a bit I think.
  • Options
    I couldn't sleep at all last night, and Dh is hunting until after bedtime again tonight. It's only 5pm and I'm already exhausted. Hoping the kids go to bed a little early tonight after all the activities of the day 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So I want to start this thread by saying cockroaches in the house is not a reflection of house cleanliness in Virginia. They somehow come out of nowhere...

One crawled over the arm of the sofa right next to me tonight and I spilled wine all over DH trying to get away. Roaches over 1/2” are a phobia of mine and this guy was a good 1”+. I HATE roaches... and here they grow to prehistoric sizes.
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    So I want to start this thread by saying cockroaches in the house is not a reflection of house cleanliness in Virginia. They somehow come out of nowhere...

One crawled over the arm of the sofa right next to me tonight and I spilled wine all over DH trying to get away. Roaches over 1/2” are a phobia of mine and this guy was a good 1”+. I HATE roaches... and here they grow to prehistoric sizes.
    I live in VA too. Once we had a really big one that got in our basement. I was getting dressed in the bathroom, and my 3 year old daughter got a big book off the shelf, dropped it on the roach, smashed it, and comes in to tell me we need some tailed paper to go pick it up. She learned well, lol. 

Meanwile he he big brother was hiding on the sofa 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    meggyme said:

I live in VA too. Once we had a really big one that got in our basement. I was getting dressed in the bathroom, and my 3 year old daughter got a big book off the shelf, dropped it on the roach, smashed it, and comes in to tell me we need some tailed paper to go pick it up. She learned well, lol. 

Meanwile he he big brother was hiding on the sofa 
    She’s a bad ass! My go to move is to get them with the vacuum hose. Effective, yet hands off.
  • Options
    So idk if we’re going to get these Bump/pinned posts taken off, at least not while people are having trouble logging in. I’ve tagged the admins every day for like 5 days in each of the posts and they’re still there... idk how much it bothers people, but is anyone interested in a move? Either to a secret bump group or FB? It would give us a little more privacy too.
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    So idk if we’re going to get these Bump/pinned posts taken off, at least not while people are having trouble logging in. I’ve tagged the admins every day for like 5 days in each of the posts and they’re still there... idk how much it bothers people, but is anyone interested in a move? Either to a secret bump group or FB? It would give us a little more privacy too.
    I'm fine with having a private group. I remember the last mass exodus tho and some people didn't make the jump because they liked the anonymity. I don't know how much work it would be for each of us to create made-up FB profiles and ctreate a private group but that might be an option if anyone wants to move but still keep up the mystery. We'd just have to share our FB names with each other for it to work. 
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    The adds dont bother me enough to want to move over. I'm not a huge FB girl, but might consider it... not sure yet 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Damien was up for 3 hours during night, couldn't figure out why (ran through the checklist and everything), he eventually went back to sleep at around 3:30am. I was hoping he'd sleep in a little bit so that I could too and we'd both just get to daycare/work a little late buuut he was up at 6:45am, naturally in a bad mood. I was initially tempted to drop him off at daycare, call in sick to work, and go back home but I need to save my leave for the holidays. Womp womp. Gonna be a long day.
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited October 2017
    TB also has secret groups, which are basically personal boards. Whoever starts the group essentially becomes the moderator.

ETA: we can always try it out and come back if we don’t like it.
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    TB also has secret groups, which are basically personal boards. Whoever starts the group essentially becomes the moderator.

Oh I didn't know that, that would be cool with me!
  • Options
    meggyme said:

I'm down with a secret group. I don't mind Facebook either, but I'm already here with May 18 and I can get to TB on my work computer. I can't get to FB at work and that is mostly when I bump anymore. Bad girl, I know, but I need a 5 minute distraction from the chaos sometimes
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited October 2017
    So I just created the group “June16 Super Secret Group”. I will start adding the regular posters as I can get around to it. If you’d like to speed up the process you should be able to request to join and I’ll approve it. Once we transition over I’ll put a post saying we’ve moved so anyone coming back here later will see it and know where we went.

ETA: so I created the group, but it doesn’t look like you can easily pin it to your home page on the mobile app.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    meggyme said:
    So I just created the group “June16 Super Secret Group”. I will start adding the regular posters as I can get around to it. If you’d like to speed up the process you should be able to request to join and I’ll approve it. Once we transition over I’ll put a post saying we’ve moved so anyone coming back here later will see it and know where we went.
    Should we add discussions in the private group with the same titles of the currently active ones here for continuity? Or we can just simplify the discussion titles a bit....
    • Meals
    • Halloween
    • Random/Misc.
    • Sleep
    • Milestones (fun)
    • Milestones (not-so-fun)
    • FFFC
    • HDBD
    • Venting
    • Ailments
    • Pre/TTC & Grad Check in
    • Bragging
    • Weight/Length
    • Discipline
    • Playtime
    Just some ideas!
  • Options
    Missed the shit out of you all!!!!!!! Fuck that sucked not being able to participate but I kept up to date reading everyone's posts. I vote Yes for private bump group. I don't have Facebook, I think it's the bane of society....
  • Options
    @meggyme I think l sent a request to join. It sent me an error message so who knows...
  • Options
    Also, I have a great story for when we make it over to secret group...
  • Options
    Also, in trying to troubleshoot why I couldn't get in I set up a secondary account. @rockymtnmom87 or something to that effect is me as well
  • Options
    So this is who I’ve invited that hasn’t accepted yet. I basically pulled from the last couple HDBD’s, so let me know if I missed anyone.
  • Options
    @amangels2 I know she doesn't post often about Sam but I'd love to keep her in the loop if she pops back in.
  • Options
    I just got back in!!!  I could read and I was all like, "Don't go without me!!!!". So scared!!  I will look for the invite  :)
  • Options
    egirl1025 said:
    I just got back in!!!  I could read and I was all like, "Don't go without me!!!!". So scared!!  I will look for the invite  :)
    Come on over! @meggyme is on now so I'm sure she will get you hooked up. Also, read my story in randoms when. You get over...
  • Options
    Can I come play too :smile:
  • Options
    khenry12 said:
    Can I come play too :smile:
    Click join and @meggyme will approve you next time she's on!
  • Options
    bankssl1bankssl1 member
    edited October 2017
    I'm just now able to post again! How do I find the invite to the secret group?

ETA: I found the group and tried to join but it said something about a duplicate and wouldn't let me  :'(
  • Options
    I want to join the secret group. I'm still sort of around (busier at work now so hard for me to check in as much).
  • Options
    @meggyme can you send an invite to @newbabymakes4 and @bankssl1 if you haven't already?

You'll find the invite in your inbox once it is sent, just click Join in the invite. I think that's what it says...
  • Options
    Thank god I read all of this!! TB app hasn’t been working on my phone for like a week!!!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Just tried to join but I got a duplicate message as well- @meggyme can you send me an invite?? :)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    @laurenm2123 If you got a duplicate it means I already sent you an invite. Check your inbox.
  • Options
    Yay! All our Peeps are finding their way to us!
  • Options
    I don't have anything in my inbox either :( 
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited October 2017
    Ok @bankssl1 and @laurenm2123 I removed your invite. Try to request to join again. Hopefully that will resolve whatever the duplicate issue is.
  • Options
    I had to answe a question and I did but so far no join :(