June 2016 Moms
Options

Moms who go Bump in the night/Randoms

Re: Moms who go Bump in the night/Randoms

• Options
    meggyme said:
    Nothing like a Navy plane crash to make your heart break first thing in the morning. Waiting for them to release the name of the pilots and hoping it's not one of my friends or their husbands. This is the worst part of being a military wife, because even if it's not someone you know personally it hits a little too close to home.
    I will keep you, and the other Navy families in my prayers. How devastating!!!
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited October 2017
    Turns out it was someone I've met, but wouldn't say that I know. He had a fiancé though, which is heartbreaking. This and the shooting in Vegas, where I can totally imagine a bunch of my friends from home attending has made for an emotionally draining day. Thank you for all your kind thoughts.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Here's a Tuesday confession: my dh has been working from home and it's driving me crazy! He expects me to be around whenever he wants to talk, our schedule gets all messed up, and I can't get anything done. He's also been super negative and I'm trying to work myself out of my depression from the last few months. I sound like a horrible wife, but I just wish he'd go to the office a little more. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Today's our anniversary and my DH tells me "oh, I thought it was next week" LOL. It's literally been on the same day for the last 7 years we've been married.  :p. So I'm sure he will be getting a card after work today and give it to me. I'll try to act surprised.  :D
  • Options
    Here's a Tuesday confession: my dh has been working from home and it's driving me crazy! He expects me to be around whenever he wants to talk, our schedule gets all messed up, and I can't get anything done. He's also been super negative and I'm trying to work myself out of my depression from the last few months. I sound like a horrible wife, but I just wish he'd go to the office a little more. 
    Men have this overwhelming need for companionship more than most women, I've found. Or, at the very least, like most things men want, they want it right now and have a hard time figuring out how to rearrange a schedule to do other things now and fit it in later. They aren't multi-taskers by any means, so that's probably not helping his understand that you have 40 other things that need to be happening right now. I hope he gets a reality check soon, or you get a little more space at least
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options
    My in-laws told my husband that we should hold off on building a home until the Spring because nailing into frozen wood during the Winter isn't good. The wood will expand around the nails as it thaws and the house will shift more and quicker. Anyone know if that's true? Their house is 30 years old and creaks but my FiL believes that if they built the house in the Spring, it wouldn't creak as much....but then again, the house is 30 years old, it's going to creak!
  • Options
    My in-laws told my husband that we should hold off on building a home until the Spring because nailing into frozen wood during the Winter isn't good. The wood will expand around the nails as it thaws and the house will shift more and quicker. Anyone know if that's true? Their house is 30 years old and creaks but my FiL believes that if they built the house in the Spring, it wouldn't creak as much....but then again, the house is 30 years old, it's going to creak!
    Idk about that. If anything I would think that the opposite would be true because if you nail it tight in the winter the wood would swell in the summer and it would hold even tighter, possibly split in places? But I'm not a carpenter, even as a hobby.
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    Idk about that. If anything I would think that the opposite would be true because if you nail it tight in the winter the wood would swell in the summer and it would hold even tighter, possibly split in places? But I'm not a carpenter, even as a hobby.
    I have to agree..  I am going going to see my dad this afternoon he has been a contractor for 40 years so I will run the question by him.
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    meggyme said:
    I have to agree..  I am going going to see my dad this afternoon he has been a contractor for 40 years so I will run the question by him.
    That would be great!! Any info would be amazing since my husband wants to wait to start building and I am not really loving that idea BUT if it means structural integrity then so be it.
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:

My big girls turned 4 today. At their check up today Alex was 32 lbs and 38 inches and Victoria was 29 lbs and 37.5 inches.
    Happy birthday to your girls!

PS - I think Ethan weighs 30lbs at 15 months. Lol. About the same as your 4 year olds. 
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:

My big girls turned 4 today. At their check up today Alex was 32 lbs and 38 inches and Victoria was 29 lbs and 37.5 inches.
    Happy birthday to your girls!

PS - I think Ethan weighs 30lbs at 15 months. Lol. About the same as your 4 year olds. 
    Thanks! They were 3 lbs and 3.11 at birth so they had a lot of growing to do. They were 16 lbs and 18lbs at a yr and a half.
  • Options
    @Tawny87 Happy birthday Alex and Victoria!
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Alex and Victoria!!!!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    So there have been a couple mornings/naps where I've gone to get a crying Jackie to find that one/both legs were stuck in the bars. How well would bumpers work for this, or am I staring down the barrel of moving to a toddler bed?
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    So there have been a couple mornings/naps where I've gone to get a crying Jackie to find that one/both legs were stuck in the bars. How well would bumpers work for this, or am I staring down the barrel of moving to a toddler bed?
    I would give it a week and see if it gets better. It's hard to transition to a toddler bed at this age, and they can use bumpers to try to climb out of the crib. (One of my kids is a climber). Sometimes it just takes a few times of getting stuck and they figure it out. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    meggyme said:
     I used the mesh bumpers since they aren't stiff and can't be used to climb out (they just smush right down). Worked great.  I don't use them anymore cause he out grew the habit of trying to shove his feet in and even if he manages to get a foot through, he knows how to get it out.
  • Options
    @meggyme I second mesh bumpers! Damien goes through periods where he gets limbs stuck too but it usually only lasts a few days.
  • Options
    We use mesh bumpers as well and have had no issues
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I use regular bumpers but they smush down pretty well too if stepped on. He sometimes uses them as a prop to put his feet through but is always able to get them out
  • Options
    bankssl1 said:
    I use regular bumpers but they smush down pretty well too if stepped on. He sometimes uses them as a prop to put his feet through but is always able to get them out
    I'll never stop loving pictures of babies sleeping! Adorable :-)
  • Options
    vintagevix2016 thank you!! 
  • Options
    bankssl1 said:
    I'll never stop loving pictures of babies sleeping! Adorable :-)

Yes!!!!  I think we should start doing themed HDBD! 
  • Options
    When, as is time of day, do you LO's get milk?  Levi gets his when he wakes up and the other after his bath at night.  I'm thinking they should be with  breakfast and supper instead but how big of a deal is it really? Not able to find much on this.
  • Options
    When, as is time of day, do you LO's get milk?  Levi gets his when he wakes up and the other after his bath at night.  I'm thinking they should be with  breakfast and supper instead but how big of a deal is it really? Not able to find much on this.
    My LO gets an 8oz bottle of milk right when she wakes up and right before she goes to bed- but I know that’s a bad ha bit that needs to be stopped so you probably shouldn’t listen to me!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I give Damien a sippy cup of milk when he walks up (about 8oz) and he sips on that all the way up until we get to daycare. Sometimes he finishes it all but sometimes he doesn't. I give him a fresh sippy cup of milk at dinner and he sips on that (and his water sippy cup, he likes to double-fist) until I brush his teeth and put him down. Daycare gives him a little bit at lunch but he gets water all day. I'd venture he drinks around 16oz (maybe 20oz on some days) of milk a day. 
  • Options
    Miles gets milk with breakfast and as part of his bedtime snack. He might get more during the week at my mom's house, I've told her it's not a big deal and she really shouldn't, but she does her own thing. He probably drinks 6 to 10 ounces of milk in a total day that I can account for, but he also gets cheese and some yogurt sometimes too. I'm more concerned that he doesn't get too much dairy because of the problems that can cause versus when he drinks it.

I really think it's like anything else you eat or drink, as long as you space it out a little bit and don't try to consume everything for a category at once (carbs, fats, even vegies) your body will process it a lot better. When is probably less important than time between
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options
    My son is a little milkman, as the daycare calls him. He gets a full glass of milk at wake up and one about 1 hr before bedtime. With meals, we've pushed water and he does okay with it. Refuses juice.
    The daycare gives him about 1/4 cup of milk with each meal.
    He just started using the spoutless cup. Yay.
  • Options
    My kids love milk, and I have no problem giving them milk throughout the day. Our pedi just said max of 24oz/day. 
  • Options
    Ethan has milk in his sippy cup when he wakes up at 5am. He has a few ounces around lunch time and then a full cup before bed. I'd say about 20 ounces a day.  The paperwork I got from his last Dr. Apt said that by 24 months milk should be down to 12 ounces max  :#. He loves his milk so that should be interesting. Lol. Other then the milk he only has water. 
  • Options
    I give Nadia milk with all 3 meals, or if she asks for it during the day. She doesn't drink a lot at once usually. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Went to sheels today with the kids a they had a blast. They have an aquarium, 65 ft ferris wheel, restaurant, and bowling alley for kids. It was quite the experience. It's basically a giant department store, I have never seen anything quite like it before.
  • Options
    @tawny87 Savannah has both shirts that your girls are wearing!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    @tawny87 Savannah has both shirts that your girls are wearing!
    I grabbed a bunch of shirts for them at Target when they went on $2 clearance a while back. Score!!!
  • Options
    Somehow whenever my husbands family comes to visit it always ends up with me babysitting someone's kid while all the other adults leave, with no estimated time of return. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Somehow whenever my husbands family comes to visit it always ends up with me babysitting someone's kid while all the other adults leave, with no estimated time of return. 
    That sucks! I would be upset about that.
  • Options
    ds has been sick, so he missed two days of school. This morning he really wanted to go, and hadn't had a fever so I took him. He developed a cough in PE and they called me to come get him. The nurse acted like I should never have sent him, and now I feel like the bad mom, and like I can't send him tomorrow even if he's all the way better. Sigh. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @AmberLiz99 Not like you could have predicted he'd develop a cough during the school day. She shouldn't make you feel bad for sending him if you felt he was well enough to go. 
  • Options
    It's rare that I get a picture of me with Maddie that isn't a selfie. And even rarer that she's looking at the camera for it.