June 2016 Moms
Options

Moms who go Bump in the night/Randoms

Re: Moms who go Bump in the night/Randoms

• Options
    DH and I are headed to Vegas mid October for our 7th wedding anniversary. We're going to see Evanescence in concert and stay the weekend. I think this will be our first trip without Ethan since he was born. Lol!
    Fun!!!

DH decided he wants to go to vegas for our 5 year anniversary (in 2 years) since we'll have money again (he's back in school). He says I can get pregnant again once we're there  :D
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Well apparently cam puked in my husband's mouth somehow... Not sure how that happened as I was sick in bed. Why you would have a sick baby close to your mouth I will never know?!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So were are in a quandary. We found two potential house plans that we love, Plan A and Plan B. Plan A is in Neighbourhood A and then Plan B in Neighborhood B. The problem is that we love Plan B more than A but Neighborhood A over B. We can't build Plan B in Neighborhood A, which would have solved everything so now we don't know which direction to go. 
  • Options
    So were are in a quandary. We found two potential house plans that we love, Plan A and Plan B. Plan A is in Neighbourhood A and then Plan B in Neighborhood B. The problem is that we love Plan B more than A but Neighborhood A over B. We can't build Plan B in Neighborhood A, which would have solved everything so now we don't know which direction to go. 
    You can always change the house...you can't change the neighborhood.  ;)
  • Options
    Agreed
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    We've made all the modifications we would want to it but there are certain aspects we can't change. No doubt that we would enjoy the house and make it a home but comparing the floor plans with the modifications we would do each of them, just hard to get past the house we love.

You are right though! Being in the neighborhood we absolutely want to be part of is super important.

Edit to add that the reason Neighborhood B falls short is because it's a lot smaller and the lot sizes offered are smaller compared to Neighborhood A. Houses are closer together. Neighborhood A is laid out nice and neatly. Both have a park for kiddos, which is nice, and the neighborhoods are literally next to each other (so taking Damien to visit friends he might have in the other neighborhood.
  • Options
    As someone currently in a neighborhood they don't love, gofor the neighborhood!!!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Tawny87Tawny87 member
    edited September 2017
    https://www.scheels.com/store?StoreID=092

Is it tacky to take your 4 yr olds to the Grand opening of a sporting goods store for their birthday? This would not be their actual cake and ice cream party but their fun outing with us. In my defense it looks really awesome!

Ok it posted the wrong link but there are 2 large aquariums a ferris wheel and several Lanes of kid bowling.
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    https://www.scheels.com/store?StoreID=092

Is it tacky to take your 4 yr olds to the Grand opening of a sporting goods store for their birthday? This would not be their actual cake and ice cream party but their fun outing with us. In my defense it looks really awesome!

Ok it posted the wrong link but there are 2 large aquariums a ferris wheel and several Lanes of kid bowling.
    Do it! Birthdays should be simple and what the kids will enjoy 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Go with the area you want. I would love to go back to our old amazing neighborhood if I could. A great neighborhood can be an amazing thing. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Is it just me or is this extremely controlled drawing for someone not even 4 yet? I looked over and was shocked. In all fairness I don't interact with many kids so maybe this is normal.

• Options

My other daughters drawing. She isn't as patient lol!
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    Is it just me or is this extremely controlled drawing for someone not even 4 yet? I looked over and was shocked. In all fairness I don't interact with many kids so maybe this is normal.

That's awesome! That's about how my newly 6 year old would color. Granted, he's not a big artist, but still. My three year old only focuses enough to stay in the lines every so often, mostly its scribbles 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:

I don't have a lot of experience with that age-range and art but that looks crazy good! Very impressive!!
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:

I don't have a lot of experience with that age-range and art but that looks crazy good! Very impressive!!
    My husband among many things is a graphic designer and photographer. Maybe she inherited some artistic talent, or patience from him. She is still working on it an hour later lol. 
  • Options
    Ugh... I am so sick of this NFL/national anthem stand vs sit thing. It has taken over my fb feed. One side assumes it's about disrespect and doesn't bother to listen to anyone and the other side assumes everyone who can't support their decision is a racist pig with no other motivation.

I hate that fb gives everyone the feeling that they need to voice their opinion on every god damn thing. Who cares if you think they should be fired for kneeling. You would probably fast forward through the anthem if there weren't this controversy anyway!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    Ugh... I am so sick of this NFL/national anthem stand vs sit thing. It has taken over my fb feed. One side assumes it's about disrespect and doesn't bother to listen to anyone and the other side assumes everyone who can't support their decision is a racist pig with no other motivation.

I hate that fb gives everyone the feeling that they need to voice their opinion on every god damn thing. Who cares if you think they should be fired for kneeling. You would probably fast forward through the anthem if there weren't this controversy anyway!
    meggyme said:

Being on Facebook literally makes me feel as though we are a week away from a civil war. I can't handle all of this controversy.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    meggyme said:

Completely freakin' agreeeeeee!

they have a right to kneel just like others have a right to stand. If it really bothers people that much, change the channel!

we have far bigger problems in this world then football players kneeling.  Major eye roll. 
  • Options
    meggyme said:

Completely freakin' agreeeeeee!

they have a right to kneel just like others have a right to stand. If it really bothers people that much, change the channel!

we have far bigger problems in this world then football players kneeling.  Major eye roll. 
    This! I'm not saying that what is being discussed isn't important but there's so much going on in this world that I feel like this is just a distraction from other major issues.
  • Options
    Having an emotional rollercoaster day.  Preston is being super picky with food suddenly, won't eat anything but Cheerios or milk but he keeps asking for more food. If he does out it in his mouth, he spits it out and says "no" ugh such a mess.

The same time him and I were sitting watching Little Einsteins and with zero prompting from me, he's following the shows directions. "Pat with us" *he pays* "raise your arms and say blastoff" *arms go up*.   Then to my amazement, he starts answering their questions!!!
    Tv- "Do you see the balloons?" 
    Preston- "YEAH!"
    Tv-. "you do? Where are they?"
    Preston *points to tv* "DA" (his works for 'there') 
  • Options
    Having an emotional rollercoaster day.  Preston is being super picky with food suddenly, won't eat anything but Cheerios or milk but he keeps asking for more food. If he does out it in his mouth, he spits it out and says "no" ugh such a mess.

The same time him and I were sitting watching Little Einsteins and with zero prompting from me, he's following the shows directions. "Pat with us" *he pays* "raise your arms and say blastoff" *arms go up*.   Then to my amazement, he starts answering their questions!!!
    Preston- "YEAH!"
    So jealous. My child wont sit thru TV more than 2 minutes. Doesn't say any words.
    Sounds like you will have an intelligent child.
  • Options

Preston- "YEAH!"
    So jealous. My child wont sit thru TV more than 2 minutes. Doesn't say any words.
    Damien only sits still to watch/listen to The Office theme song. Otherwise he has the attention span of a gnat when it comes to tv/movies. Every now and then he'll watch something for 15min but that's his max. He doesn't really interact either, if it's an animal documentary of some sort he'll point to the different animals and go "Ooooooh."
  • Options
    So yesterday we found out a friend went hiking and had an accident.  He fell and now is on a machine that breathing for him and there is no brain activity.  :( 
  • Options
    So yesterday we found out a friend went hiking and had an accident.  He fell and now is on a machine that breathing for him and there is no brain activity.  :( 
    Oh no, that's terrible! T&P to your poor friend
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, that's awful! So sorry to hear about your friend, keeping him in my thoughts.
  • Options
    So awful!!! I will keep him in my prayers.
  • Options
    Wow! I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that he makes a recovery.
  • Options
    adiaz132003 said: see
    Thinking of you, your friend & his family. <3
  • Options
    Oh no. I will hope for the best for him and his family. I'm so sorry 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that @adiaz132003. Thinking of you!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    By Thursday I am just zapped for energy. I really need to be more productive on thursdays and fridays, I have so much to do, but I can't seem to muster up the energy anymore. Anyone else drag at the end of the week? Man I wish I drank coffee ;)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I posted awhile back about my friend who is struggling to conceive. I went with her to her first invitro fertilization appointment not to long ago and I'm so happy that she quietly let me know she is 6 weeks pregnant!  It's obviously very early so she hasn't told anyone except her closest friends and family. My fingers are crossed for her and I hope this is it!
    Such happy news!!
  • Options
    By Thursday I am just zapped for energy. I really need to be more productive on thursdays and fridays, I have so much to do, but I can't seem to muster up the energy anymore. Anyone else drag at the end of the week? Man I wish I drank coffee ;)
    This morning my dog woke me up at 4:45 with a grumbling stomach, wanting out. I debated for awhile because if I let him down the stairs then Jackie wakes up, but his stomach growling was keeping me up... long story short, I'm right there with you. And I'm supposed to be out late at a dinner party.
  • Options

Preston- "YEAH!"
    Damien only sits still to watch/listen to The Office theme song. Otherwise he has the attention span of a gnat when it comes to tv/movies. Every now and then he'll watch something for 15min but that's his max. He doesn't really interact either, if it's an animal documentary of some sort he'll point to the different animals and go "Ooooooh."
    That's still way more than my LO. He will sit through the theme song of Pocoyo and sometimes goes "Ehhhhyyy!" when the character name is said. But no interacting with it. Then again, my son has never pointed for anything. He reaches out.
  • Options
    Those with older kids, you know sometimes your kids say something at home and you hope they never repeat it when they're somewhere else? 

Today we added to to that list "I love naked Germans." My 3 year old is wacko . Just try keeping a straight face while a three year old is dancing around you singing that over and over 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Those with older kids, you know sometimes your kids say something at home and you hope they never repeat it when they're somewhere else? 

Today we added to to that list "I love naked Germans." My 3 year old is wacko . Just try keeping a straight face while a three year old is dancing around you singing that over and over 
    My favorite one was my husband carrying 3yr old Victoria to bed and her saying "Daddy, you are good at picking up little girls." Yeah... Let's never repeat that!
  • Options
    Nothing like a Navy plane crash to make your heart break first thing in the morning. Waiting for them to release the name of the pilots and hoping it's not one of my friends or their husbands. This is the worst part of being a military wife, because even if it's not someone you know personally it hits a little too close to home.
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    Nothing like a Navy plane crash to make your heart break first thing in the morning. Waiting for them to release the name of the pilots and hoping it's not one of my friends or their husbands. This is the worst part of being a military wife, because even if it's not someone you know personally it hits a little too close to home.
    That's terrible to hear! Being a military brat (Dad was in the Navy as well), I can understand that feeling and it's just awful no matter if you knew those affected or not. As you said, it still hits close to home. Thoughts and prayers!