May 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 6/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/20

• Options
    Osnabel said:
    I'm still keeping track of feedings with my bf app-LO is now six weeks old. Are you still keeping track of the feedings? If no, when did you stop? Or when do you plan to stop?
    Yes...no plans to stop anytime soon. DH follows it on his phone (our ap syncs across devices) and admittedly, I like that he does that. We also log diapers. I like the data it gives us on averages and such. We are nerds.
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    arj14arj14 member
    edited July 2016
    S is strictly formula fed at this point, but I still track her feedings.  At first it was to make sure she didn't go beyond 4 hours between feedings because we were struggling with weight gain (and also I just like to see the approximate total she was eating in a day).  She's 5 weeks today and I'm still tracking because we've turned her into a grazer and her doctor recommended we hold off her feeds so we're not going before 2 hours.  Always one thing or another. :tongue:
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    I'm flying, alone, with a newborn later this month. Am I nuts??

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    yogahh said:
    I haven't personally done it, but I know a couple people who have recently and it was fine! They said the baby slept most of the time. My mom flew alone with my twin sister and me when we were 2 months old, so it must be possible :)
  • Options
    yogahh said:
    No, do it now, it's so much easier at this stage. You got this! 
  • Options
    Those of you using a blanket as a replacement for the infant insert in the rnp - how are you using it? Is it just rolled up around LO's head or her sides, etc? I'm at my mom's house and she bought her own rnp, but I didn't realize the infant insert wasn't included - otherwise I would have brought the insert from my own. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    First long car ride out to my dads today for Corbin to meet my sister and her bf. 2 and a half hours. Wish me luck! Lol.
  • Options
    dsmith211 said:
    First long car ride out to my dads today for Corbin to meet my sister and her bf. 2 and a half hours. Wish me luck! Lol.
    We're doing our first long car ride right now to my in-law's.. 3 hours. Baby is asleep. Sending sleepy magic your way!
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    MH has woken up Munchkin every single nap today, and it's always right before feeding time so she refuses to go down. I get talking loud is apart of his culture and all; but I'm about to lose it. I just need 5 minutes to chill! Lord, help me.
  • Options
    bkjadebkjade member
    Bltbear82 said:
    yogahh said:
    No, do it now, it's so much easier at this stage. You got this! 
    Agreed! Go allllllll of the places now while it's easy! 
  • Options
    We stayed up way too late at a family get together and lo was hard to get down. She finally settled in the Rock and play and slept 6 straight hours but it was four hours after her normal time and she's been sleeping all day. 
    Tonight is also the first night my husband will be gone. Can anyone talk me off my ledge??? I'm so irrationally afraid of tonight...
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    Curious if anyone else's LO is calmed by one thing in particular. My daughter is obsessed with a certain song. She can be wailing like crazy but will stop the second the song starts. It's only one song, not music as a whole. It will calm her and put her to sleep. Anyone else?
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    aehogan90 said:
    Curious if anyone else's LO is calmed by one thing in particular. My daughter is obsessed with a certain song. She can be wailing like crazy but will stop the second the song starts. It's only one song, not music as a whole. It will calm her and put her to sleep. Anyone else?
    Squats. When LO is fussy all it takes is me squatting to stop. I'm gonna have a niiiccceeeee ass with all this squatting!!

We do sing the same song during her before bed bottle Everynight and I'm noticing when I'm singing  it she starts to fall asleep. I think it's the routine as a whole that she is associating with sleep, but it's pretty darn cute that she seems comforted by me singing Stevie Wonder to her.

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    1st baby - going outside 
    this baby - running water 
  • Options
    1st baby - going outside 
    this baby - running water 
    Mine likes running water too. I drag his rnp into the bathroom when I need to shower & he is totally relaxed the whole time.
  • Options
    We stayed up way too late at a family get together and lo was hard to get down. She finally settled in the Rock and play and slept 6 straight hours but it was four hours after her normal time and she's been sleeping all day. 
    Tonight is also the first night my husband will be gone. Can anyone talk me off my ledge??? I'm so irrationally afraid of tonight...
    I have sympathy only. My husband starts back to work overnight on Friday & I'm nervous too. Can I sit on your ledge with you?
  • Options
    You can do it! I've been running solo for the past week and a half 24 hours a day and it's def not near as bad as I had anticipated. You'll be just fine, good luck!! 
  • Options

Aquinna82 said:
    I have sympathy only. My husband starts back to work overnight on Friday & I'm nervous too. Can I sit on your ledge with you?
    Night shift ! Oh girl, take a seat on this ledge! How many a week? Has he been off since the baby was born?

@ncm0328 way to make me see perspective! You're awesome btw! My husband is an army vet, and basically told me last week during one of my breakdowns he was thinking to himself "she couldn't handle a deployment". Not to be majorly creepy, but thank you so much for you and your husband's sacrifice! 
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    @That1didntcount I didn't at all mean that in a snooty way! I was really just trying to say that I was pretty much hyperventilating at the thought of doing this by myself for even one day before DH left and I really have been pleasantly surprised at how things have turned out. It's tough but definitely nowhere near as tough as our anxieties make it out to be. You're awesome and tough and you can get through it! 

Thanks so much! Thanks to you and your husband for your guys' service as well!
  • Options
    It's not as bad as you think it'll be. Just a little lonelier during those early morning feedings. 
  • Options
    aehogan90 said:
    Going outside- the min I step outside she calms down and the min I step back in she freaks. This would be awesome if it wasn't so dang hot!!
  • Options
    Aquinna82 said:

Mine works overnights four nights a week. It was stressful and scary at first, but I eventually found my stride. Hate to say it but now I'm kind of glad that DH works nights because I can get LO down by a certain point for the night if I stick to a schedule, which he never wants to do because he wants to hold her all the time. I get more sleep when he's working!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    bkjadebkjade member
    @aehogan90 -  Bathtime and diaper changes=happy baby here. Weirdo baby. 
  • Options
    Realizing I haven't had a period in almost a year (except for the 3 ish weeks of PP bleeding) is pretty awesome. Bright side to PP recovery  B)
  • Options
    (Stuck in a box)
    @kbrands7 thanks! We ended up taking a "family shower" so we could all be less sandy. He wasn't so sure about the shower but he fell asleep almost right after so I think it was a success!
  • Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    bkjade said:
    @aehogan90 -  Bathtime and diaper changes=happy baby here. Weirdo baby. 
    Our LO loves loves loves bath time too! Insta-calm! But diaper changes? Yeah that's weirdo ;)

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Last night, the little dog started barking at the front door. The security cameras didn't show anything on the feed, so I figured there must have been a small animal out there or something. But this morning, the back door handle is suddenly really really loose...that's just a coincidence right?! It's a good thing we have an iron bar installed in it because that door does not latch very well. 0.0
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Eek!!! That's scary @amberraysofdawn at least your dog has your back :) if my dogs bark in the middle of the night I usually hide under the blankets and hope it's a critter outside!
  • Options
    We are at my dad's by the beach for the weekend with a house full of guests and the only time it's been quiet has been the mornings. I don't even care that everyone else is sleeping in, I'm enjoying my coffee with a snuggly baby while bacon cooks in the oven and my husband chases our toddler. It's become very apparent that unlike 20 something me, 30 something me doesn't love entertaining. 
  • Options
    @amberraysofdawn I would just be extra vigilant if I were you. Scary!

Is burglaries a common occurrence there?
  • Options

Unfortunately, yes. This is usually a pretty quiet neighborhood but there's been a few incidents in the area recently, hence me being nervous. I know that small towns aren't completely crime free, but I really want to move out of the city where it's not as high of a rate! Especially if I'm going to be home alone overnight as often as I am. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Unfortunately, yes. This is usually a pretty quiet neighborhood but there's been a few incidents in the area recently, hence me being nervous. I know that small towns aren't completely crime free, but I really want to move out of the city where it's not as high of a rate! Especially if I'm going to be home alone overnight as often as I am. 
    I know the feeling!! Stay safe! 
  • Options
    @kbrands7 NO! I thought they were supposed to get easier? Shame lady, sounds rough! Hope he's calmed down. 
  • Options
    @kbrands7 NO! I thought they were supposed to get easier? Shame lady, sounds rough! Hope he's calmed down. 

*********qbf*********
    Lol. Most of the time they're easier for sleep...but when something throws the schedule, a tantrum is possible and can be rough because they're so much bigger.

Sleepy tantrums are his worst because his language tanks and the only way to stop it is to get him to sleep, but DS1 is one of those snowflakes that winds up with crying rather than down.