May 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 6/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm super excited to watch the new OITNB season 4! DH took the day off today, and I'm saving it for when I'm here alone, so I won't start until tomorrow, though....
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    @vinerie I've been watching it every time I feed LO or whenever she naps. Amazingly, I've made it through 8 episodes so far. Guess she eats and sleeps more than I thought...
  • Options
    edited June 2016

@vinerie - it happens to me allllll the time!!!

@jenly17 - she will be more then fine! She will love being around other kids, and the way they learn from each other is so amazing! She is so lucky to have had solo time with mom and now she gets to experience something new.  It will be an adjustment, but as I try to tell myself constantly these days, life is just a series of phases... So good luck on this new phase!

Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    @vinerie That happened to me yesterday! I was so confused. I was feeding her but her mouth wasnt latched yet and it was spraying her in the face.  It was kinda funny
  • Options

@vinerie - it happens to me allllll the time!!!

@jenly17 - she will be more then fine! She will love being around other kids, and the way they learn from each other is so amazing! She is so lucky to have had solo time with mom and now she gets to experience something new.  It will be an adjustment, but as I try to tell myself constantly these days, life is just a series of phases... So good luck on this new phase!

You are so right. Such a welcome reminder!
  • Options
    My mom watched the baby for a few hours on Sat so we can go to dinner for our anniversary. Apparently LO was "so bad" and cried a lot, spit up a ton. She never does any of this for us. She's truly an easy baby. I don't understand how my mom can have such a difficult time. She made a comment how she didn't like DD1 at this age either, how she does better with toddlers. Makes me sad. 
  • Options
    @Jenly17 I think you should be proud, you're giving your DD the best of both worlds! She gets quality time with you AND the chance to socialize with her peers. You're not dumping her in daycare so you can get your nails done (although you should totally treat yourself if you have time!), you're giving her the opportunity to learn things from her peer group that she can't learn from you alone. She's so lucky to have a mother like you who is so dedicated to helping her overcome her language obstacles. 

Thank you, love! I really appreciate it. 
  • Options
    When does crying for no reason stop?! She's fed, clean, and just woke up from sleeping 10hrs. But I put her down and she screams bloody murder
  • Options
    wsgjmw1 said:
    Mombie Monday 
    This should be a thing ;) 
  • Options
    Bltbear82 said:
    When does crying for no reason stop?! She's fed, clean, and just woke up from sleeping 10hrs. But I put her down and she screams bloody murder
    I'll let you know once my 2 year old stops doing it!

And wait...your baby slept 10 hours?! I'm crying out of jealousy.
    My thoughts exactly!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    wsgjmw1 said:
    Had the most epic MOTN diaper blow out. I was holding DS who erupted out the side of the diaper, poo all over my shirt and hands. He was just in a diaper , so I when I removed said diaper the poo continued to shoot out like lava all over the changing table. DS was kicking his heels in the heeps and got all over his body. I then shouted to sleeping DH that it was a 911 diaper and to get into the shower immediately, no amount of wipes could take care of this. I guess this what happens when your child is EBF and doesn't poo for four days ... Yikes !!!! 
    I've had LO shoot out poop on the changing table. I was laughing so hard as it went straight into the clothes hamper. A perfect shot!

Im curious, though...why no poop for four days with an EBF baby? 

• Options
    vinerie said:
    wsgjmw1 said:
    Had the most epic MOTN diaper blow out. I was holding DS who erupted out the side of the diaper, poo all over my shirt and hands. He was just in a diaper , so I when I removed said diaper the poo continued to shoot out like lava all over the changing table. DS was kicking his heels in the heeps and got all over his body. I then shouted to sleeping DH that it was a 911 diaper and to get into the shower immediately, no amount of wipes could take care of this. I guess this what happens when your child is EBF and doesn't poo for four days ... Yikes !!!! 
    I've had LO shoot out poop on the changing table. I was laughing so hard as it went straight into the clothes hamper. A perfect shot!

Not sure , just read it's normal for EBF babies to not poo for a couple days ... Even up to a week ! But boy howdy when he went it made up for the missed days 
  • Options
    wsgjmw1 said:
    This happened to us when we were still in the hospital. She was covered all the way down to her feet. She slipped the security bracelet off her ankle when we were trying to clean her up and the alarm in the hall was going off. Fun times! 
  • Options
    wsgjmw1 said:
    vinerie said:
    wsgjmw1 said:

Not sure , just read it's normal for EBF babies to not poo for a couple days ... Even up to a week ! But boy howdy when he went it made up for the missed days 
    I've read that too but my EBF baby poops a lot! Multiple times a day every day.
  • Options
    ^^^oh my gosh!!!911 diaper!  I picture DH diving into shower f I r protection from poo like It's a bunker! Ha! 
     But seriously I think I'd cry if that happened MOTN! Day time it might be funnier
  • Options
    My random, I want to be able to do it all...and it's just not possible.  I put baby first. And everything else is backseat, especially since I know this newborn phase is gonna go by faster than I realize. But I still feel like I'm failing. House is a mess, husband is "lonely" bunnies are being fed but also lacking for attention. Garden.... I don't even know anymore....
    Excuse me while I go build a pillow fort and hide from life with my lo in tow. I'll bring water and snacks and my boobs (EBF) so we can stay forever 
  • Options
    wsgjmw1 said:
    vinerie said:
    wsgjmw1 said:

I have one of those odd babies - EBF and only poops once every couple of days (she once went an entire week). It's still the yellowy-seedy stuff so ped said not to worry. I am going to count my blessings since I've heard some go multiple times a day and during feedings!
  • Options
    wsgjmw1 said:
    vinerie said:
    wsgjmw1 said:

I have one of those odd babies - EBF and only poops once every couple of days (she once went an entire week). It's still the yellowy-seedy stuff so ped said not to worry. I am going to count my blessings since I've heard some go multiple times a day and during feedings!
    Yup, Holly poops while she eats at least once a day. 
    I have a poop machine too!
  • Options
    The range of frequency EBF babies poop is insane. Both of mine come out of the womb guns blazing with multiple poops/day. But rest assured, nothing is every a constant with an infant.  At 9 months with my first one, we went a full week without pooping and I of course was told by peditrician that it was normal. 

My husband has been commenting about how much our baby is pooping and I'm all, oh how quickly you forget. 
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    kbrands7 said:
    wsgjmw1 said:
    vinerie said:
    wsgjmw1 said:

I have a poop machine too!
    As do I! Though she saves her most special diapers for the MOTN...
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Bltbear82 said:
    I'll let you know once my 2 year old stops doing it!

And wait...your baby slept 10 hours?! I'm crying out of jealousy.
    Yes! She is absolutely perfect besides the no reason crying. Sleeps great. Eats great. I usually can get a good 9 hours at night total with two 20 min feeding in between. 
  • Options
    Uggh this is the worst. Even though she has a diaper on, when I hear the poop explosion happen while feeding, I instantly feel like she pooped directly on me. Then she gets distracted because she's a diaper princess that cannot tolerate a dirty diaper, so I have to get out of my feeding pillow fort I've built to change her diaper, wash my hands again, and rebuild the fort to go back to nursing. 
  • Options
    @missnc77 so I'm not the only one constructing pillow forts to BF? Mine involves a snoogle and a boppy...
  • Options
    vinerievinerie member
    edited June 2016
    wsgjmw1 said:
    vinerie said:
    wsgjmw1 said:

We do 4-6 poops a day! Always 1 or two big ones during feeding. 

• Options
    LO has been nursing for 42 minutes and still going strong. 5.5 week growth spurt??