September 2016 Moms
Options

June Randoms Thread

Re: June Randoms Thread

• Options
    @Sporty1216 - I like that! Also, still 3 months away from having these babies... sounds like you guys probably have a reasonably different social circle too?  I'd keep it on the list!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    RedMarRedMar member
    I agree. I would still use the name! 
  • Options
    RedMarRedMar member
    @seitzy3 so sorry to hear this news!!!! 
  • Options
    SLou24SLou24 member
    @Sporty1216 I love that name and I'd definitely still use it!! She's not a close friend or family member so in my book it's all good. 

@seitzy3 ahh that is so frustrating!! Keeping my fingers crossed you still get to go on your mini getaway! 
  • Options
    I normally eat Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast. Husband accidentally bought regular Cheerios. I must still be a child because adult cereal is boring. Also, shoelaces are stupid. I need to buy a pair of slip on closed toe shoes for works
  • Options
    You ladies are wonderful. In reality, DH not having the time off isn't the end of the world. It was just a crappy surprise. Thanks for the support though!

@LakeR2014 - I hope everything went well for your dad yesterday! Thinking of you guys.

@seitzy3 - Ugh! Hoping everything works out for your family vacation!

RE: Surrogacy - I'd love to say that I'd consider it since it took a lot for me to get pregnant with both sets of twins and I'd love to help someone else who was in a similar boat. Because of what it took to get pregnant (combined with other things) I don't think I'd be a good surrogacy candidate. But I also can't imagine having that a baby or babies growing inside you, bonding with them and then not raising them or having them in your life every single moment of every single day. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    As much as I'd love to be a surrogate for a close friend/family member, I think the financials of it all could get very uncomfortable (I don't like mixing business and friendship), and as I would do it at no cost for my sister or a cousin, I'm not sure that I could do such a grueling, year-long (or more depending on eggs taking) job without compensation.  I think my friend who does surrogacy gets around $45K per birth, along with a maternity clothes budget and gets paid for the breastmilk that she pumps and ships to them (and of course all doctor's fees covered).  I would never ask such a fee of someone so close to me, but I think that it's somewhat reasonable for the sacrifices made
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @seitzy3 So sorry your plans got ruined! I hope you'll get a chance to reschedule your mini-vacation. 

@RedMar I have heard of the 2 hr glucose test. I don't know if my office offers it, though. I had been planning on asking to skip the 1 hr from the moment I failed the 3 hr with my first (I like to think ahead... way ahead). If they'd offered me a 2 hr, I would have accepted. 

@Sporty1216 Definitely don't take the name off your list because of that! I'm of the thinking that I'd only take a name off the table if my BIL and SIL used it because our children have the same last name. That said, I totally have guilt over our name choice this time. Years before we started having children, said SIL and I were taking about our love for the name Layla. It's been my second choice and was her first choice. I gave it up in my mind that day. Then they had their son, she got pre-e, and they said they weren't having anymore children. I considered a lot of girls name before I realized Layla was the only one that felt right to me. When SIL found out we picked it, she mentioned it was their girl name and they have decided they do want more kids. She didn't seem upset or bothered, but it still made me feel really bad.

@JennM205 Congrats on the sale of your condo!

• Options
    @camichael84 That's tough about your SIL and the name.  I'm happy to hear she didn't sound upset at your choice (I really dislike when people feel the need to "claim" names) but I can understand how she might be disappointed and how that would feel to you, too!  At the end of the day, though, if Layla feels right to you, you should stick by your decision.  It's a beautiful name and goes great with your DD's name, too!  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @marikkita12 I agree about shoelaces. Really, I detest any shoe that isn't a slip on sandle. Disagree about the cheerios, though. Sweet cereals are too much for me. I like plain, boring ones. This is the only food item that I prefer to not be sweet, though. :smiley: 

• Options
    @UnwritteN12 - little man looks like a little police officer!!!
    And little lady with Minnesota w/ the snow made me teary-eyed thinking of you watching Inside Out. 

Congrats on a great job mama, 2 munchkins well on their way to greatness!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ughh fiance is on me about not eating enough. I feel like I eat plenty (2 packets of low sugar oatmeal and a blueberry bagel for breakfast this morning). He occasionally gives me a hard time for my one cup of coffee each morning as well. I really do not appreciate someone watching me telling me how to eat/drink. I know he is just looking out for Baby and I, but it is still hard to deal with!
  • Options
    seitzy3 said:
    Update: the team ended up playing around 11pm last night. So yay!! Also we are 3.5 hours into our trip and so far NO meltdowns. Everyone has been super relaxed. We had a diaper blowout but hey I'll take it haha. 

Cam is starting to get a little irritated but the doggies seem to be keeping her entertained. 
    Thanks everyone and happy we could get away for the weekend even though the forecast shows thunderstorms. 
    I actually saw that a soccer game was delayed a couple hours last night and crossed my fingers that it was his when you said they still hadn't called it. Hooray!! ENJOY!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, all! I was seriously in shock when I saw it! But you're all correct. We will proceed as if nothing has happened. Haha. Besides, DH hasn't even weighed in yet. Who knows what we'll end up picking!
  • Options
    I love Willa @sporty1216!
  • Options
    I have an Aunt Willa, I've always thought her name was lovely and tall and willow-y, like her.
  • Options
    @fireflygirl12 "It's National Donut Day!" is the first thing I texted my husband this morning. I meant to post it on here, along with it's Friday,  and my daughter slept until 9:15 this morning. Best day ever.

• Options
    @lovelylauren86 Yes, and it is such a jarring feeling!  Not painful, but it makes me jump when LO kicks there.  DH was a bit concerned the first few times because he thought I was in pain.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    This LO sometimes dances on my cervix, but most movements are at the top or right side of my belly, almost up to my ribs. He's all over the place
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I used to feel her on my cervix a lot, but I think she's moved up so she doesn't get it that often. My first did the same. I feel her everywhere (seriously, she's a mover and a shaker), but she seems to favor my left side. Which is funny because McKenna was always only on my right side.

• Options
    Yep! She likes to dance on my cervix every now and then. I also feel her putting constant pressure at one point of my urinary tract  (either my bladder or lower) every few days. I don't know if she stretchs her little leg but, when she does it, I feel either that a little pee will come out or UTi-like pain with every step I take.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @PoodleDoodleOoo Not crazy at all!!  DH and I have already agreed that we're taking a trip (sans kids) a year after this baby is born (assuming I can breastfeed for the first full year like I did with DD).  So, we're looking at late fall of 2017...and already planning!  (Well, dreaming, at least!)  ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The boy was pushing down hard on my cervix the other day. I was actually a little concerned. All I could think of was when I was 30 weeks with the first 2, dilated to 4 and 80% effaced, and my OB said, "I could reach up there and grab your little guy's foot...." 

• Options
    The cervix kicks are definitely jarring!
  • Options
    @PoodleDoodleOoo - We're going to Disney with my sister, brother-in-law and their twins who will be 5, and my parents in April.  Crazy to think we'll have a 2 year old and a 7 month old!!  We're not necessarily planning yet, since that won't take long using a Disney resort/travel agent, but we're using our Disney visa constantly to save up as many rewards as possible!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @poodledoodleooo we're planning a Hawaii trip next spring, since we canceled in April due to Zika concerns (paranoid much?). Should be quite an adventure with a 4yo, 2yo and 6mo. I'm hoping my parents join us.
  • Options
    Eff you morning heart burn. That's all.
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    I feel like I am so messed up with time this year. It feels like this whole year is just passing me by as I wait for the baby to come. My husband was saying how next time he goes to the movies, he wants a pitcher of beer (we have a VIP theater where you can drink while you watch the movie). I asked what movie that would be and he said Star Wars (December). Then later we were talking about some other movie and he said, "well a new one comes out in April" and I said "Oh you could have a pitcher of beer then! Don't have to wait for December". He was so confused and it took me a few seconds to realize ITS JUNE AND APRIL ALREADY HAPPENED. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I keep getting kicked in the butt.  It is not enjoyable. 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Options
    @AnnaS930 We are planning a trip to Disney next April as well! We did a FL beach vacation when McKenna was 7 months old that was a blast, and I wanted to do the same for baby girl #2. Then I realized if we go to Disney next year, both girls can go for free (it's free for 2 and under), and we'd be able to do a Disney vacation the four of us for the price of just DH and I. Granted, Layla will have no clue what is going on, but I see McKenna having a blast. (We will take them again when they are big enough to remember it.)

I've been looking into it, but nothing seriously. Just figuring out pricing mainly. But I get excited any time I think of it!

• Options
    @camichael84 - That's awesome! We haven't been since Emmett was born - went a year before him just the 2 of us. With my parents there we hope to still do a day at the park to actually do rides, otherwise we will take the kiddos to the park for a day or two just for the experience and do a lot of time at the resort/in the pool/etc. My sister has been waiting for her kiddos to be just before kindergarten to go to make it really worth it (her husband isn't a big Disney person, has never gone)... I plan to go a few times (at least) while the boys grow up
    Pregnancy Ticker