August 2016 Moms

All things baby shower!

2»

Re: All things baby shower!

• Loading the player...
  • My sprinkle for baby boy was Sunday, which was coincidentally also my birthday.  It was very nice, hot outside, but a nice day overall.  Baby boy will be decked out!  As you can see, DD stole the show during gift opening haha.  And I had to include a pic of my hair, it was on point!  Also, I had a completely different dress planned, but I got this one in my Stitch Fix box last Thursday and it was a game changer!
    Ok, I want to just come and spend a week wherever you are lol! So beautiful and looks so relaxing! What a beautiful shower!
  • SkiChic626SkiChic626 member
    edited June 2016
    @jacmkelley Hahaha this is in my parents' back yard :smile:   It's the same house that I grew up in.  I guess I kinda take it for granted :blush:
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• @Hannah0726. Those pregnant lady cookies are hilarious and look delicious!
  • I'm so excited.  My shower is this weekend.  Can't wait to see what my Sister in law has put together! 
  • We had our 3rd shower this weekend.  My husband and I own a gym and have only been open for a year and a half.  Two of our members threw this shower for us and it was so sweet.   overhwelmed with all of the love for our sweet baby which is also known as the gym baby now haha.  Here's a pic of all the ladies who showed up.  
  • ShanRum3 said:
    I'm so excited.  My shower is this weekend.  Can't wait to see what my Sister in law has put together! 
    Mine is this weekend too and I can't wait! I feel like I have waited forever for this weekend. I didn't want to have one at first, but now I am glad we are. 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• I had a small shower this weekend (I have two, because of a cluster with another set of friends) which was so nice and low-key! :)
  • As a FTM i refused to have a baby shower because my mom's side of the family are the most immature people in the world and i wanted to avoid drama with all of them, being a FTM is one of the greatest feelings ever and decided that my mom should just save the money she was going to pay for the baby shower to just putting it aside instead, plus i hate being the center of attention and having to talk to everyone at the baby shower would have been exhausting as well. So, i saved my energy for when i have her lol
  • @midwestbaby  I love your dress :)
  • Thank you ☺️ @emmeline714 it is from a company called piper and scoot
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• @PineappleMD I love that theme! We did that for DS's first birthday, although it wasn't as adorably detailed as your shower, so cute!!

• @PineappleMD cute theme!!! Love it!

We did not have a shower this pregnancy, this is our 4th child and expecting a baby girl. Our other daughter is 1 1/2 and we still have pretty much everything from when she was born.  My sister and mother did take me out for a girls lunch out to celebrate my daughter's upcoming arrival. My sister made some cute things (bambi quilt,bibs, burp cloths etc).