October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (May 9)

Re: Weekly Randoms (May 9)

• Options
    Hahahaha! Omg. @annabenanna I've never heard of that and went to the link you posted... I DEFINITELY would have no idea what to wear to that - pregnant or not! Hahahaha! 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    Have no fear @Julia70286 , there's an etsy shop for EVERYTHING:

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @annabenanna HA! I'm dying. PERFECT for the sensible post apocalyptic mama.
  • Options
    LGW2015LGW2015 member
    Same here haha that is crazyyyy I'm also wondering if the catfish made another appearance?! I think I made it to page 15 lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LGW2015 the account they were following didn't, but apparently Catfish the TV show got in touch with one of the regular Bumpers and wanted to interview her and use the drama for the show! The girl "Jen" got in touch with them somehow and they were totally going to put her on TV (check around page 24 I think). But some of the Bumpers found her real identity, down to her social. What the WHAT. Crazy stuff. 

• Options
    kmalls said:
    Question for second time+ moms (putting this here because that symptoms thread is huge and I can't bring myself to open it): is anyone getting a really "heavy" feeling in their uterus? I walk a LOT for my job and I swear some days I feel like there's a brick in my stomach, plus my hip flexor safe killing me and my lower back is on fire. I remember this vaguely from last pregnancy, but it was definitely well into the third trimester. I just feel like this pregnancy is so different -- all of these new aches and pains I've never experienced before! 
    Yes! I have felt bigger and heavier, and more pains this time than last for sure. I feel like I did at the end of my last pregnancy. It makes me worry what it will be like towards the end.

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    @LGW2015  @lindzsers I haven't made it quite that far yet, but I am also embarrassed to admit that I plan to.
    That is nuts!
  • Options
    ....I officially am not doing any actual work thanks to this catfish thread. 
    Me, neither!  I'm on page 13...anyone know if the catfish ever checks in again?
  • Options

In the first trimester I was starving all the time, but it's since gotten better to where I've gone back to eating like normal.

But today I feel like I've had plenty to eat, and yet my stomach is LOUD and empty. I want so many things. Chicken, French fries, a hot dog, a Mr. Goodbar, a giant Coke, a hamburger, some fried okra, the saltiest green beans I can find, a glazed donut, an M&M cookie, a BLT, some chicken tortilla soup, sweet tea, mashed potatoes, and a pint of brown gravy to drink through a straw.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Hey STMs, if you got stretch marks from your pregnancy, at which point during the pregnancy did they appear? I keep checking religiously just out of curiosity, not because I'm afraid of them. And where did they pop up first? 

Also, this catfish thread.... Will be reading tonight!
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid It is a story of epic proportions. I can't wrap my head around the fact that someone would create a fake online persona and keep it up for YEARS. I do remember hearing about the Bump drama where some woman made off with a bunch of donated money....bitches be cray.

• Options
    Hey STMs, if you got stretch marks from your pregnancy, at which point during the pregnancy did they appear? I keep checking religiously just out of curiosity, not because I'm afraid of them. And where did they pop up first? 

Mine appeared late 2nd tri when I started to grow really fast

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    The catfish thing blows my mind! Who has the time to invest that much time/energy to a fake identity? People said they were texting her during their births!
  • Options
    @lindzsers Say whaaaaa?!?!
  • Options
    mothernorthmothernorth member
    edited May 2016
    @sjo&thetwins I never got a single noticeable stretchmark. So you may get lucky too if you have naturally stretchy skin.

Edit to fix your darn tag!
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid It's true! I can't remember when it happened or what board (I'm a LONG time lurker) but from what I remember the Bumpies put a bunch of money together for someone who had some type of hardship, this woman said she was going to collect the money and get it to her, and then just took the money. Or something like that. 

• Options
    Aaand fail.
  • Options
    @lindzsers Well... how 'bout that... no words.
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid I know. I can't even fathom. 

• Options
    Thanks for the entertainment @kmolleltz! That thread was crazy! 
    1. I know it happens, but it blows my mind that people put so much time and effort into something like that for...nothing. It wasn't like she was scamming people out of money. She was just...getting her kicks? 

2. Those ladies on that board were INTENSE. The way they ferreted out the info on her was amazing. I wouldn't know where to start if I suspected somebody of something like that! 

• Options
    kmallskmalls member
    edited May 2016

Mine didn't appear at all until the very end...like 37 weeks. I thought I was in the clear, but it was just a very cruel joke. They are not horrendous by any means, but I really thought I was one of the lucky ones that would walk away unscathed! 
  • Options
    @kmalls  Mine were also sneaky, but didn't appear until after giving birth.  I thought I had avoided them altogether, then bam! stretchmarks everywhere, mostly on my stomach, but some on my legs too.  I was so mad! We'll see what they do this round...
    Also the catfish thread has entertained me all afternoon.  I spent way too much time there, when I should be working lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lindzsers said:
    @LGW2015 the account they were following didn't, but apparently Catfish the TV show got in touch with one of the regular Bumpers and wanted to interview her and use the drama for the show! The girl "Jen" got in touch with them somehow and they were totally going to put her on TV (check around page 24 I think). But some of the Bumpers found her real identity, down to her social. What the WHAT. Crazy stuff. 
    Damnit. I gave up after like page 15 but now I'm going to have to go back and read the rest!
  • Options
    @sjo&thetwins Mine appeared in the beginning of the second trimester last time... like crazy. Everyone in my family gets them really badly so I figured I wouldn't be immune. They're all on mu stomach but I feel like I'm noticing some on my thighs this time? Odd. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies you guys! I didn't know typical turn around times on something like stretch marks. I am waiting on them, since my mom got them so bad with me and I am pregnant with two babies. Guess I'll be looking forward to continuing the detective work on my skin!
  • Options
    @sjo&thetwins , one of my girlfriends who was pregnant not too long ago just gave me this bottle of "Mother's Special Blend".  She swears it's why she didn't get stretch marks.  She instructed me to apply it at night before bed after shower... let it dry, before putting on clothes.  She says she put it on everywhere except her inner thighs...so now she only has stretch marks on her inner thighs.. She's convinced.  Ha.

I now "marinate" in it after my shower, in a bath robe. :)  Anything to help with stretch marks!
  • Options
    @mrszoess I hadn't even thought of Whole Foods, thank you!! Totally going there tomorrow now lol and I will have to try that flavor. I just love the taste of their juices and lemonade, taste clean and fresh squeezed!
  • Options
    kmolleltz said:
    MRSCORKER said:
    kmolleltz said:
    Guys. I'm like freaking out. I want to post my announcement on fb but I'm so nervous about people's reactions. Why am I nervous? What the heck! 
    I was nervous too. I figured, I would be nervous no matter when I posted so I might as well rip off the bandaid.
    Gah. I've been like mentally preparing myself for hours. I feel so ridiculous.

ETA : I want to make an announcement before some picture surfaces where I am obviously pregnant and everyone is like wtf?!
    I know a girl who didn't FB announce until she posted about being induced. She told no one and wouldn't let any pictures of her be posted online. THAT was super weird and got some funky reactions. I'm sure everyone will be supportive of you guys and if they aren't that is their problems.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    A discouraged mother posted on my local FB community page last night how her breastfed newborn (<2 weeks old) was losing weight and was asking for advice. A dummy-dumb-dumb told her to put fucking RICE CEREAL in a bottle and give it to babe. RICE CEREAL in a bottle for a NEWBORN. Hell to the no. Me and a few other moms came down on that dumbshit like a ton of bricks but she stood by her suggestion to the end and wouldn't listen to reason. I genuinely lost sleep last night praying the mom didn't try that. So so so wrong and dangerous!

• Options
    coffee89 said:
    kmolleltz said:
    MRSCORKER said:
    kmolleltz said:
    Guys. I'm like freaking out. I want to post my announcement on fb but I'm so nervous about people's reactions. Why am I nervous? What the heck! 
    I was nervous too. I figured, I would be nervous no matter when I posted so I might as well rip off the bandaid.
    Gah. I've been like mentally preparing myself for hours. I feel so ridiculous.

ETA : I want to make an announcement before some picture surfaces where I am obviously pregnant and everyone is like wtf?!
    I know a girl who didn't FB announce until she posted about being induced. She told no one and wouldn't let any pictures of her be posted online. THAT was super weird and got some funky reactions. I'm sure everyone will be supportive of you guys and if they aren't that is their problems.
    I considered doing this lol. We had a loss last year and it felt really strange announcing again so soon, so we considered just waiting until he pops out. I couldn't keep it secret that long though.
  • Options
    I don't really have an opinion one way or another about announcing the pregnancy on fb, but does anyone else feel weird about announcing (with full name, stats, and pics) their baby's birth, on here or fb? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE seeing the birth announcements, but I kinda was wondering about it especially here on the Bump where anyone online can access it....
  • Options
    coffee89coffee89 member
    edited May 2016
    @UponAStar16 In my J14 FB group that migrated from here, there is a momma who never used her sons name here and won't post any pictures on social media at all. Her and her husband feel very strongly about it and it's not weird to me even if it isn't common. My FB is decently locked down and I'm picky about who is on my friends list so I post things but I don't share every moment. FB doesn't need to know that my child pooped or see pictures of him naked.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    LGW2015LGW2015 member
    @ladyshark311@AllyTheKid I can't figure out which one of you I agree more with.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
  • Options