October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (May 9)

Re: Weekly Randoms (May 9)

• Options
    Last post I swear...I'm kinda freaking out a bit bc DH and I DTD last night (first time since BFP!), and then this morning he reminded me he's on Propecia. I'm a pharmacist and there's such mixed reviews on this. Most research says its ok, but I'm still nervous and can't believe we were that stupid. Reassurance please?
  • Options
    @JamieK1882 , we were discussing the catfish drama from J14!  So I think it's the same one you're talking about. :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @annabenanna yep that was it! I was N14 so I def remember when that went down!
  • Options
    ashleymn-2ashleymn-2 member
    edited May 2016
    week 17+1 and still throwing up, also I have started leaking from my boobs. I'm officially a cow i guess ;)

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • Options
    NoraAuroraNoraAurora member
    edited May 2016
    Last post I swear...I'm kinda freaking out a bit bc DH and I DTD last night (first time since BFP!), and then this morning he reminded me he's on Propecia. I'm a pharmacist and there's such mixed reviews on this. Most research says its ok, but I'm still nervous and can't believe we were that stupid. Reassurance please?
    at this point in the pregnancy any risks to your baby are minimal. The risk of handling etc of finasteride while pregnant are possible problems in the formation of baby's genitals. Your baby's baby junk is formed by now. That being said, a condom won't hurt from here on out.

ETA: agree that a soft wrap plus a soft structured carrier (SSC) are the way to go. With DS we had a moby and an ergo with infant insert. I hated the moby so I'm thinking of a k'tan or solly this time. I didn't do great with a screaming infant while trying to wrap, so leaning toward the k'tan. One thing to know with k'tan though: unless you and your H are the same basic size, you would need different sizes if you both plan to wear baby in it. Kind of an annoying thing.

Additionally, I hated the ergo's insert but later the ergo was great for forward facing so we are keeping it for this baby. A Lillebaby all seasons would've been better. I recently bought a kinderpack for this baby to avoid the insert issue, plus it's more comfy than an ergo. 
  • Options
    You guys I am watching the creepiest episode of Dr. Phil. This woman stole hundreds of pics of a couples twin daughters, saying they are hers and they're trying to confront her and she is stone cold denying it all! This week has just been chock full of stranger danger knowledge and warnings.  
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Also, my SO and I just came back from a fundraiser event for his brothers slow pitch team and his sister in laws mother had the nerve to lecture me on being pregnant. I'm 21 and she gave the whole you're so young I'm worried about you lecture. And then she continued to the whole what about your dreams and goals and I hope your SO steps up. Kind of took me by surprise so while I kept my cool I kindly explained that we are so excited, especially after being told I probably wouldn't be able to get pregnant, of course I'm going to still achieve my goals and dreams I'm just going to achieve them with a beautiful baby by my side and a wonderful SO who does more than I could  ever ask for. Why are people so judgmental? End of rant. Sorry for any grammar mistakes and this rant being so jumbled for I am on my phone.

• Options
    @Ashleymn I actually would have thought the same thing as SILs mother,  but probably would not have said it aloud.  I think its because being older(38), I'm in a totally different place than I was when I was 21, 25, or even 30.  That being said,  I'm only looking at things from my perspective. I hope you don't have to change or stop your dreams and goals,  and hope you are successful at whatever you choose to do. There is no one right way to live your life.   Sorry you were hurt by what she said.  Lots of people need filters for their mouths.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @PiperellaI understand the concern coming from a MIL; however, this was not his MIL/Mom. This was his brothers MIL who he barely knows, I've probably talked to her all about 5 times. So Ii think I was a little shocked for her to be so open about her concern.( She also has made the comment about her own daughter not doing things right because they bought a house then got married and now are ttc. and she made a big stink about them doing things out of order, so I'm sure it really bothers her that my SO and I are not married.) My SO and I are in an OK place to be having kids. Could we be little more prepared? always. Are we taking this with stride and as a blessing? Yes and we just ask that people not try to bring that down. 

• Options
    @JamieK1882

I haven't been on the name thread since it was less than a page long. There are now 500+ unread posts. I'm scurrrrrrred  :#

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @turtlemomma most of the names are normal, and I like a lot of them. There have just been a few recent posts by people who I've never seen on here before that come across a little weird
  • Options
    Oh! And holy shitballs. Found out today that yesterday one of my clients took my coworker hostage. Apparently he baracaded the door with him and her in the apartment while he was high on meth. 

• Options
    what the helllll @turtlemomma
  • Options
    @TurtleMomma That's some scary ish!!! I hope your coworker is safe and sound?
  • Options
    TurtleMommaTurtleMomma member
    edited May 2016
    mrszoess said:
    what the helllll @turtlemomma
    The truly scary thing is that nobody knew she was missing until the police forced their way in to his apartment (he was screaming about killing himself so my other coworkers called 911). 

As far as I understand, the coworker is shaken up but fine. 

• Options
    kmallskmalls member
    Gah. I hate having an anterior placenta, it's such a mindfuck. I had one last pregnancy as well so I know I won't be feeling any meaningful movement for at least another few weeks, and yet...I still totally panicked tonight thinking something was wrong. Thank god for the Doppler, but I need to stop with the crazy  :#
  • Options
    kmtz89kmtz89 member
    I posted this in petty problems but seriously. There is a country wide sugar crisis and I think I only have enough sugar for like 3 more coffee/days. waaaaaaaaahhh
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    @kmolleltz I don't think that is petty! I am seriously wondering how much shipping is to you because you need a care package 
  • Options
    kmtz89kmtz89 member
    mrszoess said:
    @kmolleltz I don't think that is petty! I am seriously wondering how much shipping is to you because you need a care package 
    Seriously. How does a country run out of sugar!? I mean I get it, kind of, but imagine if that happened in America? oh my gosh would there be an uprising 
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    kmtz89kmtz89 member
    But if people actually want to send me things in a non-creeper way I can PM you my PO box and mailing instructions.... 
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    duckmayduckmay member
    @kmolleltz, oh noooooooo!
    M/C 4/2013
    E born 6/2014
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Ashleymn That would really upset me. I hate when people make my children sound like a burden. Yes- they are WORK and take lots of energy, but having a baby does not mean your life is over. My DD has been my biggest motivation to go back to school for a career change and better myself. The only thing that got put on hold when DD arrived were some travel plans, but only because we're waiting until they (she and this LO on the way) are old enough to come with us!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @kmolleltz what is shipping like there? does Amazon work? is it 900
    dollars? 
  • Options
    kmtz89kmtz89 member
    edited May 2016
    mrszoess said:
    @kmolleltz what is shipping like there? does Amazon work? is it 900
    dollars? 
    amazon doesn't work  :/
    Shipping varies, I tell anyone not to send boxes only soft packages because if it's in a box I have to pay a buttload in import tax to pick it up. I haven't gotten mail in a long time and so I can't really remember... dependent on weight of course I think it's usually been between $10-$40 ? 

ETA Standard shipping generally takes about a month to arrive.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    Is it safe now? Are the updates done?

• Options
    No lol...I know it's time for next week's randoms to start soon but just had to add, I got my first 2 belly rubs from strangers this week. I really don't understand why people are so fascinated with rubbing a pregnant woman's stomach (above the belly button, where the baby isn't even located, and obv rubbing below where she actually is would be even weirder!)
  • Options
    @kmalls I had an AP last pregnancy and I'm questioning if I have it again. I've felt VERY little movement. My u/s is tomorrow so I'm gonna ask
  • Options
    NoraAuroraNoraAurora member
    edited May 2016
    in theory I wouldn't mind an anterior placenta (this one has already started to decide she likes to really get going at 2 or 3 am) but in reality, I think it would freak me out since my last 2 babies have been so so active. Sorry I can't switch with those of you having anxieties. 
  • Options
    I've seen countless posts from you guys saying you're eating deli meats and less than well done steaks, so how bad would it be to have a corn dog? I've been CRAVING a corndog and I'm not sure why because it's not something I would usually eat. Maybe it's knowing that it's on the "no no" list or something. But anyway- would you/ have you eaten a corndog or hot dog since you've been KU??? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've seen countless posts from you guys saying you're eating deli meats and less than well done steaks, so how bad would it be to have a corn dog? I've been CRAVING a corndog and I'm not sure why because it's not something I would usually eat. Maybe it's knowing that it's on the "no no" list or something. But anyway- would you/ have you eaten a corndog or hot dog since you've been KU??? 
    I had a hot dog on the beach because what is better than that?! It was hot off the grill and I was totally fine. As long as it's been thoroughly cooked (my hot dog was a little crispy, ha) and you aren't eating them every single day, I feel like it's fine! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 I don't know if this is accurate and I still haven't eaten one yet but I was told Corndogs/Hotdogs are ok as long as they're cooked thoroughly or a certain temp.

• Options
    I've had several. It was a craving in first tri and then I had one again on Friday at a baseball game. As long as they're cooked all the way through, you're fine. Seriously, everything has a risk to it it seems and we have to eat.

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    kmtz89kmtz89 member
    .... @CopperBoom86  is bacon on the no-no list?
    if so.. ooops. 
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    @kmolleltz - Bacon, lunch meats, hot dogs, sausages, etc contain nitrates to help stave off food-borne illnesses. According to most sources I've read "once the nitrites are digested in our guts, they can form nitrosamines, which are considered possibly carcinogenic." Although it seems that it hasn't been determined if those nitrosamines are harmful to a fetus. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Had my u/s anatomy scan today..yep another AP. Damn it. Hate not feeling the movements as much. At least this is my second one so I kind of expect it.
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    @CopperBoom86 Hotdogs have been one thing that I've been craving. and not the good all beef hodogs but the nasty I don't know what these are made of hotdogs.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    PiperellaPiperella member
    edited May 2016
    @copperboom86 Are you having the corndog for lunch?  You'll have to give us a full critique  afterwards!  I haven't had a hot dog yet, but I have my mind on one when we go see the Mets play Friday evening!!  I'm drooling just thinking about it!