July 2016 Moms
Options

Week of 5/9 Randoms

1234568»

Re: Week of 5/9 Randoms

• Options
    @theshannondee If you check the PGAL thread for this past week, she mentioned she was around 29.5 weeks a few days before. Looking forward to the birth story also!
    thanks!
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    Was there not a case recently in America about a woman who was awarded millions for using Johnson's baby powder and it caused some kind of cancer? I think that was over a prolonged period of time but it would make you question is it completely safe.

We've bought all the necessities for baby but have family and friends who would like to buy us gifts. They keep asking do we need anything but I don't think we need anything major, has anyone bought something they didn't think they would use but it actually turned about to be amazing? If someone is very insistent on buying a gift I'd rather something useful which will be well used rather than something we might use once and never again. Anyone any ideas? 

It's getting very real now with a new addition to the birth thread! It really just shows we can go at anytime. I wonder what percentage of women go several weeks before their due date? :smile: The old wives tale is that you always go over on your first child, I guess that's far from true! :blush: 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @LF93 always diapers and wipes, unless you're not using disposables. Also, a hands free pumping bra if it's someone you feel comfortable mentioning that to. Possibly the best $30 investment ever. Ummmm...Target gift cards.  You never run out of uses for those things. :) 
  • Options
    I have to say I'm pretty upset to find out that my town has a Mac and cheese festival today after I'd already engorged myself on pizza.  Not smart planning 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Pedialyte Popsicles are basically Miracle Sticks for pregnant mamas. Stomach virus woes starting to recede.
  • Options

Any ideas for a countdown like calendar for my other kids? the eldest is asking a ton of 'is it time yet" questions. I told them when it is Summer and school is out. Well, school has two more weeks and hot=summer. So, in her eyes, it is time for the baby to be born.

I would do it till my C/S date. I also want wanting it to be visible and tangible. Maybe something that they can physically do. I am not creative at all though.

• Options
    For the STMs-  Did anybody get away with not buying nursing specific clothes (not counting bras)?  I have no desire to shop for that stuff!
  • Options
    TM14TM14 member
    @CarbAddict I wore my normal clothes. Mostly things I could lift easy or pull down easy. Nursing clothes are expensive!
  • Options
    You can make a sort of advent calander @BecauseBabyIamAPug. You could do baby socks on a line, or put a little gifts for the kids in containers. My phone is slow as heck right now, but when I get home I can link you some things 
  • Options
    @CarbAddict I wore normal clothes as well. It just ruled out a lot of dresses for a while if they weren't easy to pull down at the shoulder. I also hated nursing bras, so eventually just used a regular bra and would "pop out" over or under. 
  • Options
    @samantha1206 I'm so sorry! A mac & cheese festival sounds amazing. 

my random: I despise having my feet touched. It's actually quite comical but annoying because I can't tolerate pedicures...I'm too ticklish. DH just tried to give me a foot rub and I'm no longer ticklish! Pregnancy is so weird!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    @BecauseBabyIamAPug I love that you want to do that for them! I like sticker charts you could do boxes and each day they get to add in a sticker. So when there are no more boxes baby time! 
  • Options
    @CarbAddict I also just wore regular clothes and lifted my shirt up. I chose to use a cover if I was out because I wouldn't personally feel comfortable with my shirt practically off. I did like my nursing bras though.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @BeachTigress I've seen on a couple other BMBs an "official labor watch" thread, I wouldn't be opposed to something like that.

About 1/3 of my belly button has popped all of a sudden. I looked down while I was changing tonight and thought it was some weird baby body part sticking out, but no. Looks so weird.
  • Options
    @BeachTigress I was just thinking about starting one!
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the great ideas.
  • Options
    How many people are planning to cloth diaper? I was wondering if it would be worth starting a thread on it. The cloth diaper board is pretty quiet. We could talk about what we plan to use, where we got them, what's working (after the baby's are born) wash routines, etc etc. It was just a thought I had as I'm ordering our newborn stash today and a friend is giving me to 2 giant boxes of cloth stuff that she never used. 
  • Options
    @ldsjm123 I plan on cloth diapering! I would love a thread like that. I just bought mine a couple weeks ago. 
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 I am and I had been thinking a thread would be awesome, especially for ideas. And picture because cloth diapers are the cutest. 
  • Options
    Yep! We cloth diaper now and plan on doing it with #2. I'd love a thread!

babysizer.com pregnancy ticker
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Gah! Just realized this is last weeks random thread. I'll post my idea on this weeks random thread too.