July 2016 Moms
Options

Week of 5/9 Randoms

Re: Week of 5/9 Randoms

• Options
    @soberkfell I'm doing mine at the end of 32 weeks and I'm annoyed about that because I feel like I am already uncomfortable and the bump isn't "cute" anymore. The right word would be "enormous" and I can't imagine what it will look like at 32 weeks! I also have family portraits at 33 weeks can't wait to see what I'll look like for those!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    @Kellyj103 I had my photos when I was pregnant with DS taken at 36 weeks. I was so exhausted afterwards, and half of the positions were uncomfortable and miserable. I think it'll be pretty funny to compare the two sessions... looking like I'm ready to give birth versus the photographer asking me to stick out my belly to make myself look more pregnant ha.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @soberkfell I thought about it that way too. Why do it now if i didn't with my first? But at the same token I'd love to have some pictures with my kids while I'm pregnant.  I also didn't have the option for freebies before. So I'm still debating.  I guess I have a few weeks to decide, since I'm just 28 weeks.  I'm kind of seriously doubting I'll do it though. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @soberkfell As a FTM I was slow to show. I waited until 36 weeks for photos and loved it. By 6 months I still wasn't even obviously pregnant yet, and I wanted a good bump. Definitely not the case this time. Strangers are daily asking/commenting about my pregnancy, so I feel huge now.

@dani1124 As said before, I have to agree u/s are not that accurate. If there's no obvious trend from several, don't take it very seriously. I've said it in other threads, but my OB predicted DD would be almost 9 pounds on my induction date based on an u/s just 4 days prior. She was born 7 pounds, 1 oz. This time I was told baby is 92% and I have just completely ignored that information because I know how wrong it can be.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With my son, my CNM guessed that he was around 7-7.5 lbs, and said she'd only ever been off by about half a pound. My son was 5lbs, 13oz when he was born full-term. Messed up that record, I guess. :) I hear it's not as easy to accurately predict size later in the game. 

My random is that I broke down and bought maternity shorts. I was trying to just wear my jeans for the last eight weeks instead of spending the money on shorts I never intend to wear again, but one hot and sunny day and I completely changed my mind. 
  • Options
    My belly is big enough that it doesn't get submerged when I sit in the bathtub :(
  • Options
    LDSJM123 said:
    Just stood in the maxi pad isle for 10 minutes debating which would be the best postpartum pad and how many I'd need before being able to just use a normal size one again. I even contemplated asking the mom with a baby that walked by what she recommended. 
    The hospital should be able to provide you with a whole bunch of those bulky oversized pads to bring home so make sure you stock up! They gave me more than enough that I still have some leftover til this day. I never had to really buy any. 
  • Options
    danjolydanjoly member
    @LDSJM123 I've read about one brand giving a lot of women irritation and itch, but I can't find the info anymore. I'll keep looking, but I feel like it might be always.
  • Options
    @simplymizzj It depends on your hospital I would guess. They only sent me with about a day or two's worth of pads and I bled heavily for probably 4 weeks and then 3 more weeks medium to light bleeding.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I might be having pregnancy brain mixed with a blonde moment but with pads coated with whatever and then frozen like has been mentioned, they still absorb blood just as well?
  • Options
    @whataboutscience yeah, that could very well be true too. I suppose it also doesn't hurt to ask for more than what they give you though. I'm sure they'd be willing.

@danjoly I'm one of those who have a slight reaction to always pads. The material they use makes my skin irritate and itch.
  • Options
    @danjoly I had always heard that the always infinity pads were irritating and to get something that feels more cotton-y and breathable.  (But I used the always infinity overnight anyway--after a cs so no stitches or anything)

I think I'm going to order some depends this time via prime just so I don't have to worry about leaking.

I have a couple pinkblush dresses similar to this:

The style is comfortable and flattering, and I like the idea that theoretically I could use it as a nursing dress if bf works out.  I did have to size up to L to make my 38DD boobs fit :/  Shipping took forever for me...probably a full week, but that's not suprising because it ships from CA and I'm on the east coast.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Ladies, what is in your Amazon postpartum carts?! I feel like I need to start mine now. What kind of goodies do you recommend? 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    @Kellyj103 I currently have Tucks, overnight pads, and perineal ice packs in my cart...I may add Depends too because I couldn't find any good granny panties and I figure I'm already going to feel gross so why not go all out? Ha. I'm sure I'll be adding to the list too as I see more suggestions from experienced people.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    I had a dream about going to a birthing center (even though irl I'm going to a hospital) and trying to get labor started. I woke up legitimately depressed that I have so long left to go :neutral: 
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    What happens if you accidently "report" a comment? I am on the app and was swiping through and my finger landed on it!   :'( Did not mean to do that! 
  • Options
    Oh good!! I hit back super quick and didn't get a box to answer why. Stupid thumb. 
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 @YeezusButters OMG (I hate saying that but this merits) I've done the same thing (yay phone bumping) and I am so beyond relieved to hear it wouldn't have gone through
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 -my sausage finger hit "report" on one of the lady's names on my phone...I was like OH SHIT!...I was so nerve racked, I messaged her right away to apologize...That's almost as bad as lurking on your ex's bestfriend's Instagram and "liking" then quickly "unliking" their picture....LMAO #truestory
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

• Options
    Jodi1980 said:
    @LDSJM123 -my sausage finger hit "report" on one of the lady's names on my phone...I was like OH SHIT!...I was so nerve racked, I messaged her right away to apologize...That's almost as bad as lurking on your ex's bestfriend's Instagram and "liking" then quickly "unliking" their picture....LMAO #truestory
    Hahaha, I've done something similar before. I'd browse my hubby's fb (he's not very active on there) and would forget that it isn't MY fb, and start liking people's pics and then unliking right away when I realized what I've did.
  • Options
    TM14TM14 member
    Paper plates are the greatest things ever. I guess I'll do anything to avoid dishes right now.
  • Options
    TM14 said:
    Paper plates are the greatest things ever. I guess I'll do anything to avoid dishes right now.
    This is a great idea. I'm dreading the stack of dishes I'm going home to today.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12675474/sh-t-my-husband-said/p1

^ this thread is awesome. And reminds me of when my DH & BIL had me speak Batman Rises lines like Bane when I was wearing an oxygen mask. DD was born in 2012 a little after the movie came out. :P

(I was induced so there was down time prior to active labor, BIL was not present for the birth, haha!)

• Options
    @jen11797 So scary!! I'm so glad you and your family are safe and sound!
  • Options
    @jen11797 glad no one was hurt! Hopefully you can resolve a quick turn around on a new car! 
  • Options
    @jen11797 - I'm so glad you and your family are OK! That sounds terrible :(
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    Glad you and the family are okay! @jen11797
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

• Options

@jen11797 glad you guys are all ok.

@quartz02 I was reading that thread earlier today. It's awesome. I vote we start it on this board immediately.

• Options
    Glad everyone's okay @jen11797 !!