July 2016 Moms
Options

Week of 5/9 Randoms

Re: Week of 5/9 Randoms

• Options
    Racso12Racso12 member
    This weekend there was a half marathon my husband and I usually do every year together. He still ran it, but I definitely did not. I tried to do the 5k and failed miserably. It was quite a humbling experience. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For any of you ladies that have ordered from pinkblush, about how long did it take for your order to arrive? I'm taking maternity pictures this weekend and I looked everywhere for something I liked but I didn't find anything. I have my eye on a dress from pinkblush but I don't want to order it if it won't be here in time..
  • Options
    @YeezusButters the standard shipping definitely took longer than a week for me. I don't remember if they offer expedited shipping or not but if they do that would be your best bet probably.
  • Options
    @YeezusButters it was only $2.5 for priority shipping so I paid for that. I ordered yesterday I'll let you know what they say about when it should arrive! I think it said 3-5 business days 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    Thanks @rnyland1 and @Kellyj103! If it's 3-5 business days I might be cutting it close. Eep!
  • Options
    Can you see if they have faster shipping on amazon @YeezusButters ? I know amazon carries some of their dresses
  • Options
    @dolewhipper I didn't realize that! I have prime so I am definitely checking that out. Thanks!
  • Options
    Amazon Prime is my savior. 
  • Options
    @YeezusButters No problem! Now you have me looking on Amazon since I'm a prime member too. Which dress are you looking at? I'm thinking of doing a shoot as well. Figure its the only time I'll be able to do it, might as well!
  • Options
    @dolewhipper The one I was eyeballing on the site is not on Amazon but I'm currently looking at this one..
    https://www.amazon.com/PinkBlush-Maternity-Fuchsia-Colorblock-Medium/dp/B011E4L4HI?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A1LT8HTB00IQQ1

I like another one more but they only had small, large and XL for that one. :(
  • Options
    Just had my 30 week appointment and from the ultrasound they estimate baby weights 4lbs and said that's right on track ... Seems a little big to me. Anyone else getting estimated weights yet?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    LOVE the color, @YeezusButters !! I really like these, theyre kind of similar but idk which would be more flattering.

• Options
    @dolewhipper I love those, too! I like the top one the most. 

If my legs and feet weren't SO swollen, I would love a shorter option but oh well.
  • Options
    dani1124 said:
    Just had my 30 week appointment and from the ultrasound they estimate baby weights 4lbs and said that's right on track ... Seems a little big to me. Anyone else getting estimated weights yet?

I haven't. However my niece was born at 31 weeks and weighed 4 pounds. I think she was considered a "big preemie" though. I don't anticipate any more ultrasounds. However, I'm with a different OB than my 1st pregnancy so maybe I will. Who knows?
  • Options
    dani1124 said:
    @dani1124 This isn't something that my practice normally does (maybe because I'm seeing a midwife?) but at my 30w checkup I was "measuring a few weeks ahead." This is the second time they have mentioned that (last time was at 20w) so my midwife wants a growth scan done before my appointment with her next week, so I will be 32w along. I'm not really sure if they will strictly look at weight as a measure of growth, or measure limbs, head, etc. Never had to go through this with DD!
  • Options
    dani1124 said:
    @dani1124 This isn't something that my practice normally does (maybe because I'm seeing a midwife?) but at my 30w checkup I was "measuring a few weeks ahead." This is the second time they have mentioned that (last time was at 20w) so my midwife wants a growth scan done before my appointment with her next week, so I will be 32w along. I'm not really sure if they will strictly look at weight as a measure of growth, or measure limbs, head, etc. Never had to go through this with DD!
    I've been getting regular growth scans at the MFM - they measure the thigh bone, belly, and circumference of the head, and from there they can get an estimate of how big the baby is.  It is just an estimate though.  As @theshannondee said they can be off.  Usually only takes about 30 minutes :) 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @dani1124 I had a 30 week ultrasound Friday and baby was measuring 4 pounds 2 ounces :)

@dolewhiper and @YeezusButters Have you guys ordered anything from PinkBlush before?  I've gotten two things (one from Zulilly and one from Pinkblush.com) and haven't loved how either item looked on me.  Please let me know if you end up liking the dresses - I'd like to try again because their stuff is so cute!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for your responses. I get ultrasounds pretty often because I am high risk due to high blood pressure during my last pregnancy. 4lbs just sounded like a lot to me ... or maybe its that we are all getting so close and it hasn't really set in my brain yet that babies are coming soon!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Jodi1980Jodi1980 member
    edited May 2016
    @YeezusButters ordered mine on Thursday and was at my door Saturday with standard shipping! Was able to use promocode and saved me $17 bucks! Good luck!
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @dani1124 At my 28 week scan and she weighed 2lbs 10 oz. but my doctor said she was measuring 4 days behind with the head & femur size. I've never gotten a percentile of where she falls in her growth but I know it is a number your doctor can tell you if you're concerned about it :smile: 
  • Options
    WevilleWeville member
    @dani1124 At 29w I was told 92nd percentile and almost four pounds so now I'm going for biweekly growth scans (he's also breach) 
  • Options
    @dani1124 I had an ultrasound last week at 32 and the MFM said 4 lbs 10 oz and that is around the 70th percentile. 
  • Options
    @TiffRox81 I know exactly what you mean! I haven't been telling people over phone/email either because it seems weird and random to suddenly pipe up and say, "I'm pregnant!" Then when they see me in person they're shocked and it feels so awkward.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    @dolewhipper I bought the first dress in a different color. It looked great when I first bought it (around 20 weeks or so before the belly got big). Now, I look like a frumpy mess in it. I recommend going with the second option. 
  • Options
    @dani1124, I had an ultrasound last week and they estimated that she is already about 3 pounds which would put her in the 80th percentile. I will be 29 weeks on Wednesday. The doctor did tell me that I shouldn't stress too much since ultrasound is notorious for being inaccurate for baby's weight.
  • Options
    guys I'm totally torn on maternity pictures.  I've no idea whether I want to do them or not, or even when.  I didn't do them last time around. I have a sister in law that's already offered to do them for me.  It wouldn't be anything hardcore professional but she's really good.  I just don't know if I want to do them or not.... Stupid thing to be indecisive about, I know.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @joleri23 LOL! Yep, that's exactly how it's been going for me. Definitely a bit awkward!!
  • Options
    setoshsetosh member
    @dani1124 at my 28 week scan he was measured at 2 lb 12 oz so you seem right on track!
  • Options
    setoshsetosh member
    @samantha1206 I feel the same but he's my first so I think I may want some. 
  • Options
    @samantha1206 They say between 30 and 32 weeks is the ideal time where your bump is cute but you're not too big and uncomfortable yet. If I were you and hadn't done it the first time around, I'm not sure that I'd feel the need to do it this time either. The timing worked out well to have new family photos taken and my son's 2-year photos taken, so I had one photo taken of just me so that if this little guy is ever like, "Mom, where's the picture of when I was in your belly?" I have something to show him.