July 2016 Moms
Options

May Symptoms Thread

Re: May Symptoms Thread

• Options
    SerpicaSerpica member
    I am ITCHY all over, I thought we had bedbugs but DH hasn't noticed a difference. Never used so much moisturizer (the tummy butter I got is pretty good actually). Sounds trivial (and in many ways it's not that important, everything will be ok), but it actually  really prevents me from relaxing especially when I'm going to sleep. Very annoying... 
  • Options
    No patience left for me, and I am normally an extremely patient person. All the rages. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh man, my ribs! Today they feel like they are being filleted open! Seriously, I'm walking around pressing my ribs down because they feel like they're going to crack. It brought me to tears twice today.  :'(
  • Options
    @rlopezlavalle YUP!!! I've been dealing with the ribs being ripped apart feeling for about a week now. It gets worse every day. I asked a coworker today if the pain was going to get better as time went on (assuming the baby will drop and belly will grow outwards) and she laughed at me :(  I do find a heating pad to be helpful but the relief is only temporary.
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    Oh my Lord, this baby is pushing against my lungs SO. HARD. I have been out of breath at the tiniest things all day. Washing the pans from dinner had me winded. I feel and sound like I just did a half hour of cardio!
  • Options
    I hear the other ladies on anemia. I was last time too. I even went out of my way to eat loads of dark greens, eggs, and red meat this time and it didn't work. Boo! I remember the last 10 weeks being filled with constipation too... Gotta love iron.
  • Options
    lizhurtlizhurt member
    Got that kicked in the crotch feeling that a lot of other ladies mentioned. Feels like something is going to rip in half inside if I move even a little bit too much. Relegated to shuffling when I walk, which makes me feel like I am ninety. Bought a belly band as recommended by my doc and it should be here tomorrow, so I am praying that helps.
  • Options
    Is anyone officially measuring ahead at this point? If so, what (if anything) has your dr said about in terms of delivering early?

At my 20 week scan, baby was measuring 10 days ahead. Today, when my midwife measured my stomach, she said I was ahead, and when I go back in 2 weeks I am having a sonogram to measure growth, then my normal appointment with her. My DD was a bit bigger (8 pounds 13 ounces) but I was also induced 10 days after my due date, so she had extra time to put on weight. I'm not expecting a tiny baby this time around either. I would like to see what they have to say after the scan, but of course when I called DH after my appointment today he had questions. Hopefully he can go to my next appointment with me.
  • Options
    @MDmomma1217 I am.  At 28 weeks I was measuring 32 weeks and at 30 weeks I was still measuring 32 weeks.  My midwife is not concerned.  She said it could be a lot of reasons like the baby is laying in a strange position, is long/slightly bigger, extra fluid, different people measuring me ( I rotate through 5 midwives), etc.  She said they won't change my due date/induce early just because of measurements, but they would like to do an extra ultrasound to check fluid levels.  
  • Options
    hreed7289 said:
    @MDmomma1217 I am.  At 28 weeks I was measuring 32 weeks and at 30 weeks I was still measuring 32 weeks.  My midwife is not concerned.  She said it could be a lot of reasons like the baby is laying in a strange position, is long/slightly bigger, extra fluid, different people measuring me ( I rotate through 5 midwives), etc.  She said they won't change my due date/induce early just because of measurements, but they would like to do an extra ultrasound to check fluid levels.  
    @hreed7289 Thanks! I rotate through a group as well, but with me requesting the first appointment of the day I've had the same midwife for my last 3 appointments. She said when they do the growth scan they are going to check fluid levels as well. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    @MDmomma1217 Same here- at 10 and 20 week scans he was on track. At 28 weeks they said he was measuring 33 weeks and scheduled me for another scan. The midwife said it could be a lot of different factors, but that if he's really measuring ahead (not just fluids/ positioning) it could mean he shows up a little early. Or could mean nothing at all... They acted like NBD big babies are born all the time.
  • Options
    @MDmomma1217 I am, by 3 weeks, I have an u/s on Thursday, I'll make sure to do an update and let people know at least what they told me.
  • Options
    @MDmomma1217 I've been measuring right on track or a little ahead the whole time, but last time (30 weeks) my midwife said on side of my uterus was measuring higher than the other, because baby was pushing so far up into my ribs on one side it was distorting the measurement. She just averaged the two numbers and went with that. She's never mentioned delivering early, but who knows how big this bean will end up? 
  • Options
    My feet and ankles keep swelling, I have permanently placed an upside trash can under my desk so I can elevate my legs. Also, I am in nesting mode, but nowhere to nest. My current house (rental) is all packed up and I have not moved into my new house, but I cannot stop myself from cleaning or organizing, hopefully I have enough energy after I move to nest in the appropriate place.  Lastly, if I eat any acidic fruit, holy heartburn, good bye for now breakfast smoothies :(.
  • Options
    The crotch pain is better some days and worse some days, my hips can go f*** themselves, and I'm just overall tired.  Between being pregnant, a mom to a toddler, a wife and working full time i just have 0 clue how I haven't just lost my freaking mind.  Maybe I've fallen into delusions and that's my current coping mechanisms.  Oh yeah and sex just sucks at the moment, my vagina just feels sore all the time and I feel bad for my poor husband.

July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SerpicaSerpica member
    @MDmomma1217 My LO was bigger than average at the last ultrasound by over a pound, so I asked the doc if that meant she might come early, and she said it wasn't related. Now I don't know if she technically "measured ahead" (wasn't told anything about her length for example), but I've been told that the estimated due date remains the same. 
  • Options
    @noelietrex @oneliloaktree13 @stellaluna14 @Serpica Thank you ladies for sharing! My DD was 8 pounds 13 ounces, so really not expecting a little guy this time around, just getting a bit nervous about it now that this is the second time they have mentioned measuring ahead!
  • Options
    The newest 3rd trimester symptom- dizzy spells! I got so dizzy today at work that I had to lay down for half an hour, and I still don't feel right. I think it's because I got overheated, which means I'm in for a rough 9 weeks.

• Options
    Because of my debacle with the hit and run this morning, I had to walk back and forth from my building to the lot that's a few blocks away. I, somehow, managed to get a rash on my neck. Can you get stress rashes? Because it has to be a thing.
  • Options
    @HMcDade1 Knowing that it's a thing makes me feel better.  <3
  • Options
    @ButterMyBiscuithttps://www.webmd.com/beauty/skin/the-effects-of-stress-on-your-skin
    totally a thing!  I'm sorry you're having to deal with this, it really sucks.  Hopefully they catch the bastard.
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also have an upside down trash can thing going and I got some really lose fitting sandals to help with the swelling since pumps are just not going to happen anymore. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    Hey shortness of breath...that's fun

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• Options
    My ass hurts. Or more specifically, my tailbone is sore all the time. I can lean forward in my chair at work and have to lean slightly back to accommodate this beast of a baby but I have going on. So leaning back slightly all day makes me feel like my tailbone is bruised all the time. Soooooo uncomfortable and my work doesn't allow ball chairs or other ergonomic chairs without a doctors note. 
  • Options
    @hreed7288 Hmmmm I don't see why not. I wonder if would be effective on the soft(ish) chairs we use at our desks...I will definitely have to do some further research. Thank you for the suggestion! 
  • Options
    @LadyFleck totally feel you on that one! Told DH I felt like my ass was broke the other day. He was very confused until I told him I was referring to my tailbone/sitting! LO loves to be all the way up front and down low, so sitting forward/up normally is hella uncomfortable. 
  • Options
    Carpal tunnel like shiiiiiit 
  • Options
    He's kicking my liver. Or at least I assume it's my liver based on what my sister was describing in her pregnancy a few weeks ago and diagrams of internal organs during pregnancy I've looked at. It hurts. It hurts a lot.

• Options
    @LadyFleck I have an extra butt cushion at my job because the chairs suck. A sore coccyx is no joke.
  • Options
    WevilleWeville member
    My doctor recommended sitting on a donut and icing the tailbone when it feels like it's going to shatter. Also doing downward dog pose to see if that gets the baby moving off the nerve. I had a long talk with my bump on the subway home about how I can handle the flaying rib cage but stay away from butt nerves
  • Options
    I've been getting back pain a lot. Like center to upper back pain. No fun at all... 
  • Options
    @weville At this point she's all up in my ribs and ass. Short torso + psycho baby = sore ass AND ribs