May 2016 Moms
Options

Late May Due Dates

Re: Late May Due Dates

• Options
    Due May 29th, and at my 35 week appointment this past week, my doc said my cervix is closed. Fine by me - I feel like we still have so much to do!  We are completing baby's room next weekend - after that I'll feel a little more relaxed.  I've been in full on nesting mode for weeks, decluttering, organizing etc..  So far no swelling, my biggest complaint is sleeping is sooo uncomfortable and will probably just get worse and worse.  Can't wait to be able to sleep on my stomach again!
  • Options
    clw617clw617 member
    Due May 27th with my RCS scheduled for the 26th. Had an OB visit with first cervix check on Friday and I am closed up tight, no dilation. I haven't experienced any contractions or much going on down there. Baby is high, just like my first. My doctor said I'm probably one of those women whose pelvis is "not adequate" which made me laugh.. and sad. lol I don't know if that's a thing, and she said it had nothing to do with build. If my hips are any indication, you'd think my pelvis is roomy, but hey. So if I keep on like this, I'll meet my LO on the 26th!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am due May 21st and SO READY TO GO!!! I want LO to be healthy and come naturally if possible, so of course I'm okay with him continuing to rent out my womb for awhile longer ... BUT people have been saying I'm "about to pop" and thinking I'm on the verge of giving birth for about 3 months. I got crazy huge and sort of plateaued after 28 weeks - so I've been way uncomfortable and miserable and not sleeping for about that long. I am over it !! When I hit 37 (today I'm 37+2) I told MH - OK! I'm ready when he is!! He keeps joking that he thinks his bday will be JUNE 1st. Sometimes I think it's funny, and sometimes I want to punch him :) 

Anyone else a little obsessive about checking things when you go the bathroom. I pee a million times a day and every time I think MUCUS PLUG?! BLOODY SHOW!? but there's nothing there LOL. And every pain I have, I'm like, please get stronger and closer together!! :) Sooooo ready. 
  • Options
    I'm 5/23...but I will either have a C-sec or induced at 39 weeks due to breech/measuring 2 weeks ahead.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So there's a little part of me that gets hopeful when people in my life comment about not making it to my due date. This is after DS came at 40+6, so realistically this is going to be a June baby! Our daycare provider told me today "uh uh no way" when I reminded her that my due date is 5/27, and in a way I want to believe her because she is so wise and experienced in all things baby! Is anyone else worried that they are going to be in complete denial if labor comes before the end of the month? 
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    clbnessclbness member
    My due date is 5/22, but I'd be totally fine with her arriving exactly one week early (I mean, just one week early wouldn't be selfish, right?!)...I really want a 5/15 birthday!  I've been measuring about 6 days ahead for several months now, but doc made no change to my due date.  At last weeks appointment, I was at 1 cm, but the doctor made no mention of effacement.  She said she could feel the baby's head, so she was pretty low.  We will see if I have progressed at Thursdays appointment...I hope not too much!  Although, I am TOTALLY over being pregnant and am horribly uncomfortable, I want her to stay in for a couple weeks!  
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    May 30 here. I'm sure I will go a week over though and end up with a June baby. I'm really just ready to meet this little one. And over peeing 10 million times a day.
  • Options
    @adorkablepixie same here.. I'm not yet to the point where I can't stand being pregnant anymore. Though I do agree with @knottie70010763 that peeing a zillion times a day is getting kinda old.

37+1 today, no dialation and baby is still pretty high up in my uterus. At least she's in the 'head first' position now, which I'd been worried about previously.
  • Options

I am due May 23 as well. I see no signs that he will be born soon. I imagine I will go a week or two past my due date, they won't let me go any further than two weeks so I could be pregnant as long as June 6! No BH or any other signs of labor yet. I've had some slight period like cramps here and there but nothing to write home about.

I am one of those people who isn't "so over being pregnant" and I'm 37 weeks.

This. I want to make it to my due date or slightly beyond. 40-41 weeks would be awesome. However, 42 weeks scares me because my last baby was "big" and I expect this one to be bigger... so I don't want to have a gigantic baby that I can't push out. I need all the time to get ready still.
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016
  • Options
    @PYLWhammy Yeah.. we go through so much toilet paper now! It will be nice when I am not peeing so much!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    VS2016VS2016 member
    I don't want to double post but I finally had my first cervical check today! Anyone getting theirs this week and feeling like they are now part of the group? Lol!!!
  • Options
    @VS2016 I have an appointment this week and I'm not sure if they'll do one or not, but I'll be almost 37 weeks and they're doing my GBS test, so I'm thinking they might offer. I'm obviously curious, but also wondering if it's worth doing - seems like the takeaway from all the other people posting is that the results don't necessarily have much correlation with when the baby actually comes! I know I could just go ahead and have them check, but I've heard it can hurt and I always get a vasovagal response when pressure is put on my cervix during paps, so I'm not a big fan of that stuff. 
  • Options
    VS2016VS2016 member
    @Pascal86 I don't think it means much but my own curiosity gets the better of me. Haha! 
  • Options
    May 30th here! Was feeling majorly behind this whole bump experience. Glad I'm not alone! Had my first cervical check today at exactly 36 weeks and was almost 2 cm and 80 percent effaced his head was down and low and pressing hard on my cervix (he wouldn't even budge for my midwife) first time mom and honestly shocked. Trying not to get my hopes up and even nervous he'll come out too early! But I know I could stay like this for weeks. More so trying to get all my final ducks in a row just in case (and debating "doing the deed" for my husbands sake)...
     It's hard not knowing how soon or how far labor could be! Pelvic cramping/aches non stop literally started this morning at 6 am so I was shocked to be that much effaced, no contractions that I'm aware of yet. Hoping I'll be more aware and/or experience some Braxton hicks so that I'm not completely caught of guard when the real ones are coming super strong. I'd actually like some practice.
  • Options

Re: cervical checks. I won't be getting any. I just don't see the point of it. It doesn't really mean anything at all. You could not be dilated at all or effaced at all and go into labor today. You could be 4cm and 70% effaced and not go into labor for a month. I'm not going to bother myself with it.

@sillyfox Good for you. :) I hope you get your VBAC!

• Options
    I wish I would have refused the cervical check yesterday, because it was PAINFULLLLL. The OB is pregnant too, so you'd think she'd be a little more gentle!!
  • Options
    I had my first cervical check last week at 36 weeks and my second one yesterday at 37 weeks.  Also had GBS back and 36 weeks and got the results yesterday--positive.  Ergh.  At least it gives me an excuse to start leave a couple days earlier "so I can be closer to the hospital."  Heh, can you tell I'm ready to be done with work?  Checks weren't as painful as I remembered--I think it really depends on the doctor.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Yup 5/25 here. And still a ton to do!!! 
  • Options
    galaingalain member
    I'm due June 2 according to my doctor but I'm sure it's because his slide rule didn't take Feb 29 into account. Anyone else been experiencing restless leg syndrome at night? I've been walking during the day, and now that LO is head down mt legs have been swelling. I tried putting on compression stockings but got major foot cramps as soon as I managed to get my toes in.
  • Options
    I am due 5/21 so as of this early AM on Wednesday 5/4 I am 37+4. Had an appt at 2:45 on Tuesday 5/3. Blood pressure was very high so off to the hospital we went. Same thing happened two weeks ago and it calmed down and they sent us home. Last night my blood pressure continued to remain high while they monitored me. Baby looked great on the monitor tho. I've never had protein in my urine but they sent me home with a jug to pee in for 24 hours (so weird!). If there is enough protein to register preeclampsia then tomorrow 5/4 is induction day. We will get to the hospital at 5, and they'll monitor my blood pressure again for a few hours while checking the urine. If urine is normal then they'll diagnose me with gestational hypertension and I think I'll have some meds to take while being watched carefully for the next couple weeks. I AM SO NERVOUS!! 
  • Options
    Ftm here and due 5/30! So ready to meet our little man but hoping he moves into position being hes breech...as long as he waits until after my shower on saturday!! 
  • Options
    Jenly17Jenly17 member
    Kit&Cat said:
    I am due 5/21 so as of this early AM on Wednesday 5/4 I am 37+4. Had an appt at 2:45 on Tuesday 5/3. Blood pressure was very high so off to the hospital we went. Same thing happened two weeks ago and it calmed down and they sent us home. Last night my blood pressure continued to remain high while they monitored me. Baby looked great on the monitor tho. I've never had protein in my urine but they sent me home with a jug to pee in for 24 hours (so weird!). If there is enough protein to register preeclampsia then tomorrow 5/4 is induction day. We will get to the hospital at 5, and they'll monitor my blood pressure again for a few hours while checking the urine. If urine is normal then they'll diagnose me with gestational hypertension and I think I'll have some meds to take while being watched carefully for the next couple weeks. I AM SO NERVOUS!! 
    GL! Hope everything works out for you and your LO. 
  • Options
    @Kit&Cat I hope all goes well today and your LO gets to cook a little longer!

• Options
    kami09kami09 member
    @galain I've been having restless legs at night for about 4 weeks. I found this weird advice on Pinterest but it has been working for me--put some Vicks vapor rub behind your knees. It starts to tingle and sort if dissipates the restless feeling. Don't know if it's all in my head or what, but it gets me to sleep!!
  • Options
    Good luck @kit&cat!! Please keep us posted! Thinking of you today! 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

BFP 1: 9/15/2013 | DD 5/23/2014
    BFP 2: 9/15/2015 | EDD 5/26/2016

• Options
    Due May 20th and I suspect this little guy is going to come late. Good luck @kit&cat hope everything turns out well today!
  • Options
    best wishes kit&cat... keep us updated!

@galain I used to get restless legs all the time, but funnily enough it stopped when i got pregnant. Something I used to do is put a little muscle rub on my legs. It's not the most pleasant smell, but if you can get past that, it kind of numbs the legs so you can't feel the "restless" sensation.
  • Options
    FTM due May 28th and it feels like an eternity!!! Heartburn, terrible sleep, swollen feet/ankles, sore knuckles for some reason.. maybe swelling, and just overall feeling like a turtle stuck on its back. I was sick up until 28 weeks and then it seems as soon as the nausea went away I was too big to be comfortable enough to enjoy anything. Hoping its all over sooner rather than later!! Reading all these posts makes me feel so much better though
    :smiley: 
  • Options
    I just had another appointment at 36w5d, and you can add me to the list of people who have been having a ton of BH contractions and had no idea! During the checkup my midwife was like, "could you be having a contraction right now?" And I was like, "I don't think so." And then proceeded to tell her about how sometimes the baby's butt is over on the right, sometimes it swings over to the left, and sometimes it's everywhere, which I don't really get, but I guess she's stretching out or something. Midwife just started laughing at me and was like, "yeah, that's a contraction - if the whole belly is hard that's not the baby suddenly growing, that's the uterus tightening up." So apparently I've been having a lot of contractions and just not aware of it.

Other than that, no signs of labor anytime soon, so holding true to the late May due date (if not later)! I declined a cervical check because sounds like they hurt and don't really signify anything. Now that we're in May though, even late May is starting to feel really soon!!!
  • Options
    Ftm here and due 5/30! So ready to meet our little man but hoping he moves into position being hes breech...as long as he waits until after my shower on saturday!! 
    I'm due 5/30 as well and also having my shower this Saturday! 
    I wish I knew what position the baby was in, for some odd reason my doctor warranted a 3rd trimester ultrasound not necessary because my pregnancy has been healthy thus far. So annoyed. :/ 
  • Options
    Pascal86 said:
    I just had another appointment at 36w5d, and you can add me to the list of people who have been having a ton of BH contractions and had no idea! During the checkup my midwife was like, "could you be having a contraction right now?" And I was like, "I don't think so." And then proceeded to tell her about how sometimes the baby's butt is over on the right, sometimes it swings over to the left, and sometimes it's everywhere, which I don't really get, but I guess she's stretching out or something. Midwife just started laughing at me and was like, "yeah, that's a contraction - if the whole belly is hard that's not the baby suddenly growing, that's the uterus tightening up." So apparently I've been having a lot of contractions and just not aware of it.

Other than that, no signs of labor anytime soon, so holding true to the late May due date (if not later)! I declined a cervical check because sounds like they hurt and don't really signify anything. Now that we're in May though, even late May is starting to feel really soon!!!
    I thought the same thing about Braxton Hicks!  I didn't realize until AFTER my appt on Tuesday where my Dr decided not to check me because I didn't have any signs of labor that I'd been having BH's for weeks aithout realizing it/thinking it was the baby moving!  I wish I would've realized sooner so she could have checked me, even though it doesn't really matter if I've begun dilating since it doesn't really mean labor is approaching.  I'm just curious for me because I realized I've been having a lot of BHs!
  • Options
    Thanks for the support everyone!!! I was reading your posts yesterday right before heading to the hospital and they helped calm me down!! 24 urine did not meet pre-eclampsia so as of now I just have gestational hypertension, but we're keeping a close eye on it. The wrote me a script for a blood pressure monitor and I have to check it every 4 hours. I am happy LO is still safe and sound in there, but 5 hospital trips in the last 2 1/2 weeks has taken a toll on me, I think. It's so exhausting for the doc to keep telling me I MIGHT be induced, and then everything is fine and I'm sent home. I'm so happy to be sent home and that LO is still cooking in there ;) but I don't know, emotionally I am just a wreck!! 

This morning I got up for work and just lost it. I sobbed hysterically the entire time I was getting ready, to the point where I'm going to look like I was crying all day and there's nothing I can do about it. I have NO extra vacation time so here I am, at the office and on The Bump LOL! I have a feeling I'm going to be an emotional hot mess until the big day is here and I just need to learn to deal!! 
  • Options
    Kit&Cat said:
    This morning I got up for work and just lost it. I sobbed hysterically the entire time I was getting ready, to the point where I'm going to look like I was crying all day and there's nothing I can do about it. I have NO extra vacation time so here I am, at the office and on The Bump LOL! I have a feeling I'm going to be an emotional hot mess until the big day is here and I just need to learn to deal!! 
    @Kit&Cat - Spent two hours crying yesterday because my husband couldn't come to our parenting class. Was 10 minutes late to my dr. appointment because I couldn't stop crying in the parking garage. Right now I only cry for good reasons, but then I cry for an unreasonable amount of time - there's just no stopping once it's happening. My dr. asked me if I was okay like five times and I would have explained the situation if I had felt like I could do that without starting another marathon cry session!
  • Options
    @Pascal86 That is the perfect way to describe it all. The crying is generally reasonable, but the amount of time and the lack of control I have over it is SO unreasonable!! This morning MH asked me if I was okay, and all I could muster was "Fine!" before I started slobbering all over myself and I couldn't talk. I gave a look like "Seriously, I'm ok, please go to work so I can continue this insanity by myself" and he got the picture. I am the same - if I try and explain it or talk about it, I'm going to start all over again!
  • Options
    @Kit&Cat I'm due May 21st as well. I'm so ready. I've been super uncomfortable since the beginning. 
  • Options
    We are so close you guys! It seems like yesterday I was telling everyone "10 weeks" left, and now it's THREE!! It'll fly!
  • Options
    We are so close you guys! It seems like yesterday I was telling everyone "10 weeks" left, and now it's THREE!! It'll fly!
    Yes!! I think a few weeks ago was the hardest, because I was getting big enough to be soooo uncomfortable, but still had a month and a half to go! Now I still feel massive, but 3 weeks feels doable (although I'm still telling myself 4 so I'm mentally prepared to be a week late or so). Almost there!!