September 2016 Moms

The all things nursery thread!

Re: The all things nursery thread!

• @ah825 I think it will look better without curtains, but be more practical with curtains at least at first, while the baby needs it to be quite dark in order to sleep.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Ah825 we use regular pull shades with valances in both nurseries to keep the rooms nice and light. We didn't have any issues with #1 sleeping in daylight, I'm anti-light blocking because I like baby to sleep in as many conditions as possible (baby #2 is going to hate sleep so hard just to make me eat my words). I'd do something just at the top or very lightweight, sheer curtains 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My poor kid doesn't have a nursery.  She'll be staying in the living room and eventually moving into our room.
    This, except he'll be in our room, and eventually sharing a room with a sibling. 4th kid struggle. hahaha

I love love love all the plans for the nurseries! Once we buy a house, we will decorate each kid's rooms accordingly. :smile: 
    Wife to A; Mama to C (2009), N (2011), H (2014) & baby F due 09/16/16
  • ThscaryThscary member
    Loving all these awesome nurseries. I wish I could plan one but we are moving into our new house when baby will be about a month old, so I can't see the sense in setting up anything in our current house, and doubt I'll have the energy for anything extravagant once baby is here and we move. So most likely our nursery will be a plain room with baby furniture after baby graduates from his bassinet. Bleh
  • @lovelylauren86 GAH those butterflies are GORGEOUS!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Alright @lovelylauren86 you're starting to make the rest of us look bad.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• jas1982jas1982 member
    @lovelylauren86 I am obsessed with that furniture! Where did you find the crib with spindles?Everything I am seeing right now has slats. Love the stenciling and the butterflies too! Sheesh, when you're done come on over and do my nursery. 
  • My accomplishment was bringing the dresser upstairs to the nursery this weekend, which is down the hall from my son's room and he was napping - So I had to creep down the hall without banging the walls.  The box weighed 125lbs, so I had to take a bunch of small trips with pieces up.. I think my fitbit clocked me at 8 sets of stairs.  I'll get around to assembling the crib in the next few weeks but we did get the bed moved down to the basement to turn that into our guestroom (the other half of the basement is already a playroom with couches and a big TV), bought a comforter that matches the basement color scheme and an area rug. Getting there!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kosmo86kosmo86 member
    lovelylauren86  where did you get those stencils!? I love them and they would be perfect for our alice in wonderland room! 

Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• kosmo86 said:
    lovelylauren86  where did you get those stencils!? I love them and they would be perfect for our alice in wonderland room! 

I made them on my cricut 
  • @lovelylauren86 Love that wall. So pretty!!
  • has anyone had a rocker from Delta Children? How did it hold up? I registered for one, but there weren't a lot of reviews on the particular chair I selected. 
  • Started on the dust ruffle today! 
  • vampirinavampirina member
    edited May 2016
    Is anyone else hesitant to hang things over the crib? I'm not talking about like mobiles, but like artwork. I found these cute prints I want to hang over the crib, but I'm afraid to hang them there. I'm not entirely sure why! None of my pictures have ever fallen down before! Is there anything I should definitely not hang over the crib?
  • Is anyone else hesitant to hang things over the crib? I'm not talking about like mobiles, but like artwork. I found these cute prints I want to hang over the crib, but I'm afraid to hang them there. I'm not entirely sure why! None of my pictures have ever fallen down before! 
    This came up on my last BMB. The ladies that lived in earthquake zones were definitely nervous to hang stuff above the crib. We did a comic book/superhero theme for DS room and hung several framed comic books above his crib. A month or 2 ago, DS was finally able to reach one - probably not well enough to knock it off the wall, but within time...so we removed the lower hanging ones. We will hopefully be able to put them back up when we move him into a toddler bed.

• Is anyone else hesitant to hang things over the crib? I'm not talking about like mobiles, but like artwork. I found these cute prints I want to hang over the crib, but I'm afraid to hang them there. I'm not entirely sure why! None of my pictures have ever fallen down before! Is there anything I should definitely not hang over the crib?
    **See my photo from last night with 'Pippa' spelled out. This will be above the crib and I too was a bit concerned about them falling. Do you already have the prints framed? If not, maybe there is another way to adhere them to the wall. I found these glue dots at Hobby Lobby specifically for sticking things to dry wall. I put them on the back of those letters and those things are never coming off the wall. Even if I wanted them to they would probably take off part of the drywall with it  :o you could have the prints matted but not framed and maybe use the glue dots to stick them to the wall. 
    Me: 26 DH: 33
    Married: 6/14/14
    TTC immediately
    BFP: 11/19/14 MC:12/3/14
    BFP:  2/27/15 Blighted Ovum: 4/10/15, D&C 4/13/15- Trisomy16
    BFP: 12/29/15 EDD: 9/15/16!!  Please be our miracle baby!

• MojieJoMojieJo member
    I finally decided on an accent wall color for behind our boys' cribs:

I love purple and it goes nicely with the crib quilts.  I also like that it's not a traditional "boy" color, but not too girly, either.  

We're going to go with a solid colored wall instead of my original idea of stripes.  There's so much color and print going on in the room already that I don't want to overdo it.

The other walls and ceiling will be a neutral ivory (Behr Whipped Cream).

Looks like we'll be getting painting and floors done in the next couple of weeks (have to coordinate them since we're doing the whole house), and then we can start setting up the nursery!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• We've been working on the nursery. Last week we painted and got a rug. The furniture is piled up in the dining room waiting to be painted and assembled. But now I need curtain help!  I found these pink ruffle curtains that I like. Each panel is 60" wide. The nursery has two windows in the corner, measuring 39" from the outer edges of the frame. One window is 11.5" from the corner and the other is 7.5" away. Do it put one panel per window or two?

• RedMarRedMar member
    @marajay6 I think just 2 valances total would be plenty because they're so full. Also, I really like the color you chose! Ours is going to be a slate blue gray color with coral accents - pics to come :)
  • camichael84camichael84 member
    edited May 2016
    @marajay6 I agree that one panel per window should do it. I love those curtains!

• @redmar and @camichael84 - thanks for your opinions! I think we decided to order 2 panels (1 for each window) then we can add a 2nd panel later on if we think it needs it.

I told my mom that we painted the nursery last week. She asked what color and stuck her nose up when I said blue. She thought I would pick a "girly" color. I told her "don't worry, the room is plenty girly"  I think that the blue will help offset the explosion of pink that will inevitably happen. And those curtains are very girly. I scrolled past them when I first started looking, but then decided to go back.

• lovelylauren86 you are so talented!!! I love the roses.
  • My mom has bought the wooden letters of my daughters name to hang over the crib & I can't decide on the color to paint them. The walls of the nursery are painted a taupe, the bedding & curtains have different shades of coral, yellow, white & cream in them and I'd really like some opinions on which colors you think I should use! I'm posting pictures below of it all and I'm sorry if they are large! I can't figure out this resizing thing.

• @marajay6 where did you find those curtains? I love them!
  • @marajay6 I think your mom will eat her words. That blue is going to look awesome with those curtains and all the other pink accents you add. Blue and pink is such a pretty color combination. 

• Our crib was delivered today and bonus is that the delivery guys set it up for us! Too bad the rest of the room is a wreck and we need to move the rest of the furniture out of there so we can purchase the changing table/dresser and rocker. 
  • @lovelylauren86 Sooooo pretty!!! 
  • @Thscary we had 1 week in our new house before Landry was born H went crazy trying to get the room ready before he came home. He was in the bassinet for at least 2 months. So in the end it didn't even matter.