September 2016 Moms
Options

The all things nursery thread!

I am guessing that I am not the only one spending too much time on Pinterest planning out my nursery! And now that I know the sex, it has gone into overdrive! Soon I will start turning my ideas into reality. Let's use this thread to share ideas and pictures. I love nursery decorating!

Re: The all things nursery thread!

• Options
    My son #2's nursery has dark gray walls, light/medium hardwood floors and white trim and white nursery furniture. We are doing a slight construction truck theme. Accenting with a navy blue rug and pops of orange.  I just ordered this fabric
    Ready Set Go Ready Set Go Blocks Retro
    to make window valences out of, and will do white pull shades underneath (trying to let in as much light as possible... nursery is huge with 4 big windows. Going to make a cribskirt probably out of a solid color (orange? light blue?) and put a few mini construction cones on his built in shelves.  I might do a few wall decals but I like to keep my themes pretty subtle and do more color-based theming.
    We are keeping the futon in the room that is in there, I am looking at getting an orange cover for the mattress for a big pop of color and will make throw pillows out of a white fabric I bought that said "Vroom!" "Beep!" etc in varying fonts/primary colors.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 - For my son's nursery, we also went with dark gray walls and then put bright colors in all the accents. It has a comic book/superhero theme and my husband went crazy with it! He was decorating the room he never had as a kid.

• Options
    @PoodleDoodleOoo - Whale/ocean was my second favorite theme, then my husband reminded me that I'm afraid of whales! hahahaha. woops! I am just super uneasy about something that large lurking beneath the water, I can't even explain it without feeling nervous now. Good thing he reminded me before I got freaked during a MOTN feeding!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 LOL that'd make for some interesting nights!

My mom and MIL keep commenting that my nursery colors and registry selections look too "boy" (we're team green!). But girls can love wales! I know because I am one and I love wales and all things ocean.
  • Options
    @PoodleDoodleOoo - Oh poo poo on them. If your colors are similar to the top photo it's going to be a beautiful nursery!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PoodleDoodleOoo - An ocean/whale theme can be so cute. I just saw this lamp on Land of Nod that is adorable and fits your theme.  However, at $99 it is a bit of a splurge.

• Options
    @marajay6 too cute! A girl can dream! 
  • Options
    @AshleyB09042015 cuuuuuuute! 

I wish I had as much ambition to jump start it as you!
  • Options
    @AshleyB09042015 - That's your actual nursery? Like.. not a pic off of pinterest? Damn, you are really on top of things.  I tend to get impatient, so I will be putting together a piece of nursery furniture each week starting around 24-28 weeks and piecing things together for a completed date around maybe 32 weeks?  Otherwise I will go stir crazy
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Have you seen this PoodleDoodleOoo?

https://imgur.com/gallery/pEc8r

It's instructions on how to paint an image onto a wall. Maybe you or someone who loves you could do this? A whale seems much simpler than the image in this example.

• Options

@AnnaS930 Yes that's my actual nursery. Cecily's decal is from Etsy, the 3 pictures above her dresser are from Etsy, Her crib and dresser are from Babies R Us and her bedding, mobile and giraffe are from Amazon. I had everything ordered the week I found out what I was having.

• Options
    I'm actually super excited for Fin's nursery. It's safari theme. I purchased safari wall decals from Etsy which really spruced up the yellowish green walls. They also peel off so I'm happy we can switch things up if we need to. I also had a safari clock customized with his name as well as jungle themed letters that spell out FIN (his nickname). Etsy is wondeful lol. I may or may not have ordered a safari quilt, outlet cover and book bin... DH has yet to complain about the Etsy bills so hey lol. 
  • Options
    @nativetexan512 what?! So cool! I need to try that!!!!!
  • Options
    @PoodleDoodleOoo - I remember making posters as a kid with an overhead projector we'd borrow from my dad's work (blast from the past!!). And even that would come out remarkably great.. I'd imagine a real projector would be great for this!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LakeR2014 --- CUUUUUTE
  • Options
    My poor kid doesn't have a nursery.  She'll be staying in the living room and eventually moving into our room.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Options
    We just painted over the weekend. Grey walls with one lavender accent wall. We're reusing DDs white nursery furniture and getting this bedding/room decor 
  • Options
    I LOVE those gold star decals @marajay6 !  I just pinned them and I may steal them. :)
    Piper's nursery was primary colors and classic Disney characters.  Team Green with her, so it worked either way.
    Connor's nursery is blue walls, orange stripe chair rail and blue and green stripes on the bottom of the wall.  Bedding/decor is dogs playing sports.

For this one I'm debating between a solar system theme (boy) or something with fairies and woodland stuff (girl).  We find out next Thursday, so I'll really get set with planning after that!

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• Options
    @marajay6 I LOVE dark blue/navy and pink together. We actually used those colors for my daughter's first birthday cake smash. And her blue and pink clothes are my favorite. 

I posted my nursery idea on the randoms thread already, but we are going with grey walls and yellow accents. I want to incorporate a woodland animal theme. We already have the bedding (sheet, quilt. And dust ruffle).

• Options
    jhems776jhems776 member
    edited April 2016
    I've just spent longer than I should have at work on pinterest looking at nursery ideas.  I have to admit I really like the girl nursery's more, one more month and we will know.  I love this room, and could be changed to make it into a boy's room.  I kind of have a thing for chair rails, when we buy our own place it's on.

And this one put peach or pink instead of purple.

• Options
    I know we are doing a clever fox theme...maybe woodland... haven't decided 100% because I haven't fallen in love with anything yet
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Ugh, this thread is making me wish I had an actual room just for the baby :(. We're in a 1 bed suite so baby is rooming with us until we get a bigger place next year. But when we do have a room just for baby girl, we were thinking a grey pink and coral colour scheme, with elephants.. I have a thing for elephants.
    @AshleyB09042015 LOVE the Robert Munsch quote, that was my favourite book my mom would read to me, we're thinking of putting that above the baby's area in our room :) your nursery is absoutely stunning by the way! Want to come decorate mine? haha
  • Options
    The baby will be sharing with one of the kids (depending on the sex) so I'm just looking for ideas for shared rooms right now. Each kid has their own unique "style" so I just need to figure out things like storage, space sharing, etc. I'm hoping to do something like this with the crib.

The boy room is this style. Navy blue wall, touch of rustic/outdoor-sy stuff:

I don't have anything over the changing table though, so if it's a boy I'd love to make this:

My daughter's room is lighter with a neutral wall and lots of bright colors/patterns like this:

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    @homebird  I love both of those!! Either way will be wonderful, and your kiddos will hopefully love it! 

Now that we know we're having a girl, I've gone into full fledged Pinterest mode! I don't really want a ton of pink, so I think what I'm leaning towards is gray with light yellow, with pops of pink and a couple other pastels. We're also doing Safari theme because I'm obsessed with giraffes, and I've already found some great prints, etc on Etsy. I'll share some pics here when I'm back to my computer-- I'm afraid they'll come out too huge from mobile! 
  • Options
    We are going to do a woodland nursery theme. Two walls will be a light teal blue (may change this to purple or something slightly more feminine) with white silhouettes of trees and birds. The other two walls grey. Birdhouses, twigs and birds and that type of thing. I was going to do a space theme if we were having a boy, but I love this bird theme. Pretty and feminine but not over the top!
  • Options
    I hope it didn't just ruin this thread with my messy picture! 
  • Options
    AmMcc12AmMcc12 member
    I wish we had a separate room for baby instead of having to have baby in our room. I am going to try to decorate a little though. 
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    I'm in a similar situation. Staying in our one bedroom apartment one more year. Next year we will move to either a bigger apartment or a house. Still wondering where all the baby stuff will fit! 
  • Options
    MojieJoMojieJo member
    Here's the basic look of our gender neutral (we're having boys but wanted gender neutral from the get-go), brightly colored, woodland nursery.  

We have everything in the picture except for the yellow nightstand (just found it today at Target and put it on our registry; normally I'd hate the color, but it really works with the scheme we've got going and I like that it's kind of funky and weird).

We've also got crib sheets in sour apple green and chocolate brown (I couldn't decide on a color, so we decided to get both), a chocolate brown crib ruffle and changing pad cover and a matching dresser.  And to decorate and play with, we've got a stuffed animal (a fox and a alligator...I know, not woodland, but it was cute and I wanted them each to have a different animal in the same style) and lovey (a fox and a raccoon) for each baby.

We're also hoping to get a muted turquoise rolling three-tier cart from IKEA, probably some more artwork and, in the closet, there's going to be a white cube organizer with orange/ivory striped fabric square-shaped bins with rope handles.

There will probably be color on one wall (haven't decided on a color yet, still need to go look at paint; the other walls will be ivory).  Not sure if it'll be a solid colored wall or some sort of pattern...maybe solid since there's so much going on with the bedding, although the original plan was wide stripes.

Still need to find a lamp (trying to decide between table and floor styles), new knobs for the folding closet doors, a hamper and a few other odds and ends to finish everything off.

We'd originally planned a very neutral (light grey, charcoal, ivory and tan) woodland theme, but that all went out the window when I found the crib quilts and fell in love with them (they're loud and funky, but I like that, and I feel like it'll be more visually interesting and entertaining for the babies).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    This baby will share a room with big sister. Her room is decorated as a very neutral woodland theme so it accommodate either gender since they were gonna share a room regardless of sex. Now that we're team pink and we will not be having more children in this house, we are gonna really girlie up the space. There's a pink chandelier I've had my eye on. We're keeping the woodland theme but adding pink and fairies to make if more of a fairy hollow//storybook thing.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Options
    RedMarRedMar member
    @BernieRae woooooo!!! I also bought those Santa Jammies for LO! They were on super clearance @Wallies ($1!). Also your pile 'o baby stuff looks very familiar! We are currently converting our office into the nursery, so there's a LOT of stuff to move around.