September 2016 Moms
Options

The all things nursery thread!

Re: The all things nursery thread!

• Options
    @RedMar we actually got really lucky and all of those clothes are hand me downs. We know two people who had 3 mos old babies last Christmas so we're all set with the holiday outfits! That's so smart though to find the winter stuff on clearance. I may look for a bunting now. 
  • Options
    I'm getting inspire by you ladies! I think I've finally decided on a color scheme of navy, coral and pops of gold. Our walls are beige, furniture and trim is all white so I think it'll go nicely. Now time to get shopping!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @itiswellwithmysoul We are doing a woodland/fox theme as well! I actually saw a photo from another momma-to-be on here with a blanket made from a fabric that I just loved- so I tracked it down and now we officially have our theme based on that one piece of fabric :) 

@yellowrose314 I feel the same! We have to share our 1 bedroom with our baby, at least for the beginning (hoping we are able to move into a bigger place after our lease is up in November) so we are trying to be creative. We are going to decorate one side of our room for the baby and we picked a color scheme that works with our bedroom set so it all flows. I definitely wish we had an actual room for him too!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The nursery pretty much consumed my thoughts this weekend. Our original plan had been to give DD's crib to the baby and get her a big girl bed. I thought they had discontinued her crib, and we would be unable to convert it. I found out a couple weeks ago that I was wrong, and they still carry it and the pieces for conversion. I think we could have made it work to reuse DD's crib, but it could have gotten difficult, so we decided to get another convertible crib for this baby. 

So now I've got DD2's crib and dresser picked out. DD1's furniture is a dark wood finish, and we are going to use white for this baby. I also picked up some paint swatches and have it narrowed down to two darker greys. We will get a sample of both, and see how they look on the wall to pick the winner. 

Then I scoured Etsy, and found these three wall hangings that I love (as well as many others that I like).

Definitely getting this one and having the blue sky and letters changed to grey (maybe yellow letters) to match our colors.

This is my favorite of the three, just not sure how it will go in the room.

I also love this one and its simplicity. 

Lastly, I picked out the name plate for her wall. I'll get it in white and it is glittery. The nursery is going to be fairly neutral, so this and the knobs on her dresser will 'girly' it up a bit.

• Options
    Anyone using a butterfly theme? I ordered the bedding set below and painted a few sample colors of sherwin williams paint this weekend. Once we have the bedding set we will pick out the wall colors. We are thinking of doing one wall the darkest color where the white crib will be and the other walls the lighter colors.
  • Options
    Zulily has some super cute sheets, blankets, and changing pad covers right now. Lots of different options, but I know some of you are doing woodland/fox, safari, and navy/coral and they options are so cute! It's under Trendy Prints Full of Comfort.
  • Options
    @COmama87 Thanks! I've just started by coral and navy search and they had some cute crib sheets and changing covers.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @pdxmamatobe glad I stumbled acrossed it! Now if I can find some Alice in Wonderland-esque bedding I will be a happy camper. :)
  • Options
    I sort of assumed and imagined that even if we had a girl, the nursery would be pretty neutral. DH wants color though and so we've agreed on orange, teal, and PINK! Who knew... We like this rug from pottery barn kids  
  • Options
    RedMarRedMar member
    @camichael84 we're doing the exact same for cribs. DS has a darker crib and I'm currently searching for a white crib and dresser for this LO. I'm probably going to paint his changing table white and put it in her room. 

DH said something the other day that made me laugh...he's like "can't we just use his crib for the new baby?" and I was like "well where exactly is he going to sleep, the floor?" (he totally forgot the sole purpose of us getting him that crib was so it would convert to a bed). Men...
  • Options
    kosmo86kosmo86 member
    @COmama87 - I am working on an alice and wonderland theme too! I have painted 2 paintings so far (I posted them in the crafty moms check in) but I am having the hardest time trying to find some fabric to go with it!
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    @RedMar Do you feel you're having a harder time finding white cribs? I thought I had our's picked out, but it was actually off-white. A no go because our trim is pure white as is the closet doors and a built in shelf that runs along the tops of two of the walls. I just don't have it in me to paint all of that in addition to the walls. So I picked out a second favorite, and it's appearing to me that they've discontinued the dresser in white. I can still get it, but at a much higher price via Amazon. Feeling frustrated, but I've also found a third option that is by far my least favorite and that I may be stuck with.

• Options
    RedMarRedMar member
    @camichael84 honestly the extent of my search has been on amazon and Craigslist. I had no idea pure white cribs were hard to come by...
  • Options
    @RedMar Haha. Okay, I can't pretend I've been desperately searching for one. I'd just checked Target and Amazon. I looked on Wayfair last night and found one I love, but it's out of the budget. It just seems like I had no problem picking out a crib last time because everything came in a dark wood option.

• Options
    @Coco01281986 I want those curtains in my bedroom. And my office. And everywhere in my life! They are so gorgeous! 
  • Options
    @kosmo86 I found this fabric on etsy...they have different color variations like black and white, pink/lime/turquoise/orange, and reds/blues/pink. I'll have to check out the crafty moms thread! So excited this one is a girl to do Alice in Wonderland!
  • Options
    I love that you are doing Alice in Wonderland COmama87!! I am a big Disney fan, and was thinking Peter Pan for a boy or Alice in Wonderland for a girl. We aren't doing either, haha, but I still love the ideas. Have you seen the Rifle Paper Co Alice in Wonderland book? That would be my inspiration, I just love her illustrations.
  • Options
    @Cricket Bug - we are doing construction trucks and cars. Dark gray walls with accents mostly in orange and yellow and some navy blue!  With our first boy our nursery was very neutral in teals, oranges and gray elephants theme. This one is all boy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love that you are doing Alice in Wonderland COmama87!! I am a big Disney fan, and was thinking Peter Pan for a boy or Alice in Wonderland for a girl. We aren't doing either, haha, but I still love the ideas. Have you seen the Rifle Paper Co Alice in Wonderland book? That would be my inspiration, I just love her illustrations.
    Love her illustrations! I was going to do Peter Pan if she was a boy. Favorite Disney movies by far! I'm so scattered on my ideas with Alice in Wonderland right now. DS's room is transportation themed(seriously, are we the same person? : :D) That light fixture is adorable!
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 That sounds amazing! Honestly, that's probably what my bedroom would look like if I gave DH free reign! 
    Natural M/C 03.26.2012 at 10w2d
    Charlotte born at 28w3d due to severe IUGR on 12.24.2012 Merry Christmas!
    Missed M/C discovered 12.22.2014 at 8w1d measuring 6w3d
    2015 was a year to test strength of both body and character, but it led us to this... BFP 01.26.2016 EDD 9.30.2016
  • Options
    We are doing a giraffe and elephant theme with the colors pink, purple, peach and mint. DH's aunt is going to paint the animals and I'm excited to see what she does. Our furniture is grey and the glider is a light green.
  • Options
    @PoodleDoodleOoo when I saw them I knew that they were the most perfect thing for her nursery!  So, the entire nursery will be decorated around the curtains :smile: 
  • Options
    These curtains are adorable. Where did you find them? @Coco01281986
  • Options
    @Ssoccerball That's so cool! I want a mock up before I got out and buy stuff!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got my orange futon cover in the mail yesterday.. the orange looks AWESOME against the dark gray walls. I think a navy blue area rug is going to look really good. The valences have gray, orange, yellow, red and blue tied into them, so I have quite a palate I can work with without it being too crazy. Also, the previous homeowners turned 3 bedrooms and a small sewing room, into 2 HUGE bedrooms.. so our first nursery and this one are absolutely massive. Makes decorating a bit of a pain, but keeps the rooms nice and wide open so a lot of color works well
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Ssoccerball That's so cool! I want a mock up before I got out and buy stuff!
    It comes in handy!  I'm very visual and I can't execute anything unless I have it planned out first.   Interior decorating was definitely not my calling. 
  • Options
    We ordered furniture yesterday this is going to be the longest 10 weeks ever!
  • Options
    @Moosey17 - I found them on Etsy!  Thank you!  I'm so in love with them!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ohMYcharley?ref=l2-shopheader-name
  • Options
    OMG I love this thread! I really really wanted to start working on the nursery but I felt like it was to soon. That's it! It's on! My hubby is an aerospace engineer so we are going to copy cat an airplane and mountain themed room we found online. So excited!
  • Options
    @camichael84 Babyletto and Baby Mod (Walmart) have pure white cribs!

Jesus, I feel like such a lazy ass. We just picked up baby's dresser from Ikea this past weekend (Hemnes on sale!) and it'll sit in the garage until I can clear out our guest room so that we can get it painted. I keep ordering stuff - that will sit in the garage until the above is completed. 
  • Options
    @frogdog06 you're one step ahead of me, I haven't even ordered anything. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

My daughter's room was Peter Rabbit themed. I wanted something equally timeless and meaningful but couldn't come up with anything. Actually googled literary baby bedding and found an adorable Alphabet Dr. Seuss set. So we have dark brown wood furniture. Thinking light green walls and I'll grab some art prints on Etsy. Done.

Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @PSUBecky23 - my nephew has a light green room (it was the nursery for him and his twin sister.. she moved to the guest room after a couple years), and they have some Eric Carle prints on the wall.  I love literary nurseries. Had I know how much I would come to love and be attached to "Guess How Much I Love You" I would have decked out #1's nursery in little nutbrown hare with green and brown tones!  Now for #2, I feel like I can't use themes that I specifically associate with #1 so it's out the window. It's our special book.
    Pregnancy Ticker