Infertility
Options

Beta/Testing April 17th to 30th

Hey ladies!

So I just triggered last night and am ALREADY worrying about the 2ww. No, like DREADING it.
I'm trying to figure out already how I'm going to possibly get through those torturous weeks without going completely insane. Do I wait for beta? Do I test the morning of with hpt? Do I test out my trigger in case I wanna test? AHhhhhh.

I'm hoping, praying, that others will be cycling/testing around the same time so we can commiserate and pass the time together. I know I'm starting this early, but why the heck not!?

Anyone else in a similar timing? 
---
Started TTC April 2011
Me: 32, DH: 32
Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
  • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
  • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
  • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
  • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
  • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
  • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
  • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
  • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
  • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
  • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
  • TW below
  • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
  • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
  • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

Re: Beta/Testing April 17th to 30th

• Options
    @oxinfree I'm with you in the dreading this wait!!! I'm the most impatient person. I didn't trigger so I don't have to test it out. My office likes you to try to make you O naturally. This is all brand new to me (my very first cycle medicated and first IUI) I'm 5dpIUI and I swore I would wait until day 14 to test but of course I'm already thinking of the earliest I could test. If I wait until day 14 it would be a Monday morning and I wake up and leave for work waaaaaay earlier than DH so I feel like it would be so much nicer of me ^insert sarcasm if I just did it over the weekend lol 

GL and Fingers crossed for you in this torturous wait! Try to stay busy!!! 
  • Options
    Oh poo I just realized the date says 4/17 I will be testing earlier....still wishing all luck!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, I triggered Thursday evening so my TWW begins today! According to the nurse I can take an HPT Sunday the 17th. But let's be real, I won't be waiting that long! ;)

I have a progesterone test scheduled for Friday, so that should help break up the wait for me. Otherwise I'm just counting on a busy couple weeks at work to make time pass more quickly!
    Me: 33, PCOS with anovulation
    DH: 36, No known issues
    TTC since 11/2014
    1000mg Metformin daily

Oct-Dec 2015: Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI = BFN x 2
    Feb-May 2016: Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI, Prometrium = BFN x 3
    August 2016: Clomid 100mg no response, Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI, Prometrium = BFN

• Options
    Amazing @LizzieJ13 - How did egg retrieval go today for you then? Good #s? So transfer on Thursday for you? When's your official beta?

I'm not sure if I'll do a hpt... I've just seen soooooooo many negatives that I'm beyond nervous to test too early and get dissapointed. Eek. I may change my tune in a few short weeks here haha. Glad you're joining me !!!
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @laur1212 - I'd love you to stick around regardless. Gives us something to hold onto / distract in the meantime. 
    Congrats on being 5dpiui ! So you're thinking of testing on the 9th/10th then with hpt? Do you have a beta scheduled. Honestly stick around! :):):)
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @oxinfree We're doing TI so I'm really just waiting from here on out! (I was reading on my phone earlier and didn't see your signature/where you are in the process now.) I *always* say I'm going to wait but I *always* get sucked in by the FRER promise of knowing early -- so I tell myself I am just testing out the trigger. Ugh... it is so tough!!
    TTC since 11/2014
    1000mg Metformin daily

August 2016: Clomid 100mg no response, Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI, Prometrium = BFN

• Options
    oh gotcha gotcha @LizzieJ13 - I should have read your siggy. My apologies. Ya, that's tough for sure! I used to be an absolute POAS addict, but many dollars wasted and many tears later, I sing to a different tune. It's me just being fearful more than anything. Would I like to know early? Sure! But I'm so scared of more bad news that it's terrifying to me these days. I may feel differently in a week haha.

I'll be totally rooting for you to test though. Still get a thrill of it through others haha. Do you plan to start testing on a certain date here, or just go with the flow?
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    Thanks!! I'm gonna stick around and hopefully bring good news!!! My office won't have me come in for a beta
  • Options
    laur1212laur1212 member
    edited April 2016
    Thanks!! I'm gonna stick around and hopefully bring good news!!! My office won't have me come in for a beta
  • Options
    Ugh stupid app keeps cutting off the rest of my comment lol 

My office won't have me come in for a beta
  • Options
    Last attempt...

I have to wait for AF which I don't mind because it might save me an unnecessary trip and stick! I'm hoping to hold out until 4/10...my DH birthday is 4/12 and would love to give him an early present!
  • Options
    @oxinfree, I usually start testing out the trigger at 7dpo. Sometimes it's gone by then, once it's stayed for 11 days. I have a bunch of the cheap Wondfo tests that I use for that, then I usually order a couple FRERs to start testing at like 12dpo. (Can't have them in the house before then LOL) Quite a system I have going :) Good luck to you too!! Thanks for starting this thread. It's always nice to have a place to post when I'm anxious!
    TTC since 11/2014
    1000mg Metformin daily

• Options
    Thanks for starting this thread! We're transferring two day 3 embryos in less than two weeks (4/15!). I'm dreading the wait. My beta is scheduled for 4/26.
    Me: 33, Hubby: 36
    TTC since May 2014
    First RE Appt - September 2015
    DX: Hypothyroid, DOR
    IUI w/ Clomid - October 2015 - BFN
    ER - 2/10/16, 2 Day 3 Embryos
    FET - 4/15/16 - BFN
    Summer 2016 - Taking a break to try herbal treatment and acupuncture
  • Options
    @LeanneB82 - wohoo for April 15th!!! I'll be just about a week ahead of you..ish. Depends if our embryos look like they'll make it to day 5... time will tell. Glad to have a few ladies here to join us.

@LizzieJ13 - pretty good plan you got there. I'll be hanging on to your daily updates come 7dpo!!! :)

@Laur1212 - too funny. Phones are annoying for that. Much easier on the web for whatever reason. Funny you mention birthday. I'm not sure yet when I'll test, but my birthday is April 26th. I'll likely know before my birthday whether I'm pregnant or not so could be great or could be really disappointing. Ugh. Hoping for the former! fx for all us.

@BingALing23 - you should join us!!!
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    Scheduled for transfer this Friday! :) So excited. Now the decision forges on... 1 embryo vs. 2... so torn.
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    BenNSarahBenNSarah member
    edited April 2016

Hi Everyone! It looks like I will be triggering tomorrow so my beta would be April 19 so I'm excited to have some people to help me survive the dreaded 2WW!

Edit: I just heard from the doctor and we are triggering Wednesday instead... So April 20 it is!

• Options
    Yay! Congrats on triggering @BenNSarah !!! 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @oxinfree FX for you! Whatever you decide will be the right decision. :-) When our clinic was optimistic on our fresh cycle that we would have multiple day 5 embryos I was torn as well.
    TTC since May 2014
    FET - 4/15/16 - BFN
  • Options
    @oxinfree Thanks for thinking of me! :) I have my BETA a little earlier than the rest of you. It's scheduled for 4/13. DH's birthday is on the 17th. Hoping he gets the best birthday present! :smiley: 

FX and prayers said for everyone! I hate wishing the days away, but here's hoping we all have a quick TWW! 

***signature warning - child mentioned***

Me:39 DH:31 Married June 2015

Jan 2007 - laparoscopy: endometriosis fixed; BFP same month; DS born Nov 2007

August 2009 - Clomid; BFP;DS born May 2010

Both DS's from previous marriage

TTC since April 2015

Aug 2015 - Clomid (not monitored) - BFN

Oct 2015 - met with RE; unexplained infertility 

Nov 2015 - Clomid, IUI, BFN

Dec 2015 - Clomid IUI, BFN

Jan 2016 - Clomid IUI, BFN; discussed IVF

Feb 2016 - HSG, Endo biopsy, Mock transfer; BCP's; biopsy abnormal - given antibiotics

March 2016 - Endo biopsy - all clear; BCP, Lupron, Menopur, Follistim, Ovidrel; ER 3/31; ET 4/5 - 1 Day 5 hatching blast; BETA 4/13 - BFP!!!; 2nd BETA 4/15 - still looking good; 3rd Beta 4/22 - going strong; US 5/2

• Options
    Wow... seems so early to be doing beta @BingALing23 - maybe I'm going to be shocked to find out that my beta is earlier than I think too. In Canada they schedule beta for 14-16 days after transfer. Seems to be shorter in the states.... huh.... 
    ps. good luck today. :)
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    BingALing23BingALing23 member
    edited April 2016
    @oxinfree I guess it is a little different...or maybe it varies by fertility clinic? Thanks for the well wishes! Our little bean is in there now...hoping it finds a good home and stays! :)

TTC since April 2015

Feb 2016 - HSG, Endo biopsy, Mock transfer; BCP's; biopsy abnormal - given antibiotics

March 2016 - Endo biopsy - all clear; BCP, Lupron, Menopur, Follistim, Ovidrel; ER 3/31; ET 4/5 - 1 Day 5 hatching blast; BETA 4/13 - BFP!!!; 2nd BETA 4/15 - still looking good; 3rd Beta 4/22 - going strong; US 5/2

• Options
    KatBHKatBH member
    I'm scheduled to test on the 15th, but I'll try to wait until the 16th so that I don't have too much excitement/disappointment on a work day. This is my first cycle with Letrozole and TI, but my lining was pretty thin on day 14 so I'm not too hopeful.

Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    srh18srh18 member
    Hi everyone!!

With my iui scheduled for Thursday, my beta will officially be on 4/22. Ive got a wedding and a baby shower (ughhhhh) to get through between now and then. I will probably POAS a few days before because I am impatient and make myself little crazy. 

Best of luck to everyone!! Hoping for some BFPs on this thread!!!!!
  • Options
    oh ugh @srh18 - the wedding, maybe not quite as bad (though I'm sure you'll field questions) but the baby shower... I'm sure that's probably not top priority for you at the mo. Hope it goes alright.

@KatBH - holding off is indeed going to be hard for all of us I assume. The date I included is really just a guide. I'm sure we can all cheer each other on regardless if our timing is a wee bit different...
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    srh18srh18 member
    @oxinfree thank you for the support. I've been struggling with this particular friend's pregnancy a lot. She means well--truly and genuinely--but sometimes she is a little clueless about other people's feelings. She said to me the last time I talked to her that she just can't understand how I'm not pregnant yet because she and her husband weren't even trying and really weren't even ready to have a baby. I almost chewed my tongue off I was biting it so hard!! Lol. I have been dealing with her baby and shower by being as enthusiastically excited for her as possible. It keeps me positive and tricks me into being happy. Haha. How are you doing?? When is your beta again?
  • Options
    KatBHKatBH member
    Thanks @oxinfree !  I haven't seen a post for the week of the 10th, so I figured I would join this group  ;)
  • Options
    @srh18 - I had a similar experience with a pregnant friend! She is a sweetheart but she called the other day and basically complained about how crappy she feels being pregnant and how she thinks she can only go through this one more time. I mean, I try not to think the world revolves around me, and I'm sure she IS uncomfortable -- but am I the best person to complain to? I'm happy to ask how she's feeling and listen to her, but after awhile I was like UGH I would LOVE to be feeling uncomfortable for that reason!!
    TTC since 11/2014
    1000mg Metformin daily

• Options
    @LizzieJ13 I'm glad I'm not the only one! My husband's cousin and I started trying at the same time (her for #2, me for the first) and she just delivered. The entire time she was pregnant she was constantly complaining. She found out she had gestational diabetes and was complaining about having to stick herself to test her blood right in the middle of my IVF cycle where I was on 3 injections a day just trying to produce eggs for the chance that we could get pregnant. I was so irritated with her that I couldn't even be around her during the pregnancy or since she's had the baby because now she just complains about how tired she is. I would LOVE to have that reason to be tired right now!
    TTC since May 2014
    FET - 4/15/16 - BFN
  • Options
    srh18srh18 member
    @LizzieJ13 and @LeanneB82 I completely get it!! I would trade everything to have a baby....like, I would feel sick, and be tired, and not feel 100% ready. I would have started trying years earlier than I did if I knew it was going to be such a problem. Some people take their good luck/good health for such granted!! I'm lucky that my friend has spared me her pregnancy complaints for the most part but her "support" still stings. 
  • Options
    May I join you? I am in my first ever medicated, TI cycle and I just received the green light to trigger tomorrow evening and after that, our beta will be on 4/22! I think the exact quote was, "I recommend relations tonight."

I am so immature, I was totally laughing on the inside, wishing DH had been at the U/S with me to hear it first hand! Our RE is an older gentleman and has been our savior, so don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect for him. But, I have had to find the light and the funny through all of this, so my sense of humor is often equivalent to that of a 14-yo boy.

I made an intro earlier this week and have been lurking for a while, and really empathize with the struggle each of you is going through. I am grateful for this community and will be hoping for lots of BFPs in the coming weeks!

Me: 40, DH: 35 / Married: 2009; TTC #1: 2013

2013 - 2015: 5 pregnancies —> 5 miscarriages

TTCAL with RE (RPL specialist): February 2016

2016: 3 medicated TI cycles —> 3 medicated IUI cycles: All BFN

Donor Egg IVF Transfer: May 1, 2017

May 11, 2017: BFP!! Beta #1: 449.1, Beta #2: 844, Beta #3: 1714

EDD: 1/17/18, it's a GIRL!  <3 E. L. A. born 12/7/2017

• Options
    @fivetimesnoluck It sounds like we have the same sense of humor! If there's anyone who can turn any situation into an innuendo, it's me...lol.  And if there's one thing my DH likes to hear, it's that we have the "green light." :)   GL to you!  And hope you're stay on here is short...ending with a BFP!

TTC since April 2015

• Options
    srh18srh18 member
    @fivetimesnoluck good luck!! My beta is on 4/22 too!! Fx!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Omg I'm totally that way too! I took pictures while waiting for the Dr to come in and do the IUI lol I was like honey look it's your sperm! Let's give them a pep talk
  • Options
    @laur1212 Ok, here goes the extent of our ridiculousness...In every cycle (prior to RE, TI, IUI's and now IVF), my DH plays a song and then plays a clip from the movie, "Miracle,"...it's the pep talk at the end of the movie where the coach says, "Great moments are born from great opportunity..."  :)  Then on the way home from ET last week, DH texted me (we were in separate cars), "Turn to 102.7, is it a coincidence?"  When I put the station on, it was playing "Born in the USA"  lol

TTC since April 2015

• Options
    I love it!! Have to find the humor in this emotionally draining process GL!!
  • Options
    @laur1212 GL to you too!!!

TTC since April 2015

• Options
    @BingALing23 thank you! You have to laugh, otherwise there'd be too many tears! 

@srh18 thank you! Yes! Hopeful for both of us! 

@laur1212 sounds like I'm in good company here.

Me: 40, DH: 35 / Married: 2009; TTC #1: 2013

2013 - 2015: 5 pregnancies —> 5 miscarriages

TTCAL with RE (RPL specialist): February 2016

2016: 3 medicated TI cycles —> 3 medicated IUI cycles: All BFN

Donor Egg IVF Transfer: May 1, 2017

May 11, 2017: BFP!! Beta #1: 449.1, Beta #2: 844, Beta #3: 1714

EDD: 1/17/18, it's a GIRL!  <3 E. L. A. born 12/7/2017

• Options
    you ladies are the best!

absolutely @fivetimesnoluck - if you can't laugh, it's just miserable. I try and maintain the same philosophy as best as I can ;)

@BingALing23 - too funny about the song coincidence and dh calling you. very cute.

@laurlaur1212 - I had a talking to my dh's little guy before the big retrieval day... told him it was go big or go home time haha. I'm glad I'm not alone in my wackiness... 

transfer is tomorrow ladies. eeee. wish me luck!  :fearful: :star: 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @oxinfree ahhhhh so exciting!!!! Wishing you luck let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    @oxinfree GL this morning!!!! 

TTC since April 2015