May 2016 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 3/3

Re: UO Thursday 3/3

• Options
    missnc77 said:
    @PYLWhammy EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW NO. He looks like a Cuban Matt Damon to me.
    This may be the funniest thing I've heard all week :)
  • Options
    When I was younger I thought it would be awesome to be famous.  Now I think it sounds miserable.
    My husband always makes fun of Sia for never showing her face when she's on tv.  I think it's genius.  Sure, people think she's weird but what does she care?  She has all of the perks of being famous ($$$) and none of the downfalls (lack of privacy, because no one knows what she looks like!)
    Someone asked Sia why she covers her face and her response was "I went to target yesterday...no one noticed".
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is, I don't know how people on this board have time to write such lengthy responses or posts. Don't get me wrong here, I love reading them!! I just can't imagine having that kind of time. My 2yo allows me about 3 minutes maximum of sitting still and when I was working during my first pregnancy, I wouldn't have had the time then either. The only reason I'm writing this is because DD is eating dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets and having a blast dipping them in the ketchup and watching the dog eagerly await a dropped nugget. 

:) 
    I work at an office and have my own computer and desk. I bump at work a lot when I have a little lol of I just lose interest in what I'm doing and need a break. I type really fast. I don't really bump from my phone, if I did my responses would always be short or nonexistent. Lol I'm not a fan of the app.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    I need to start bumping online and not my phone. I can never upload pics with the app! 
  • Options
    missnc77 said:
    Oh no...you may have just ruined him for me.
  • Options
    PYLWhammy said:
    missnc77 said:
    Oh no...you may have just ruined him for me.
    I don't think Marco is hot but I WOULD be interested in seeing a Cuban Matt Damon... He sounds attractive.  
  • Options
    balamamabalamama member
    edited March 2016
    Stupid double post 
  • Options

I'm a terrible, terrible person.  This is long, but I need to get it out.

We (well, mostly my wife) have acquired a "friend" who is an adult with special needs.  I say "friend" in quotes because she gets far more out of the relationship than either me or my wife does.  Long story short, the connection was made by a childhood friend of my wife's, who also has special needs, who attended school with this other girl, in the area we moved to a couple years ago.  Childhood friend no longer lives in the area, but this other girl does (we'll call her L), and she put my wife in touch. 

Anyway.  I get that L doesn't have a lot of friends, lives a pretty lonely life, and I do feel for her.  She's a sweet person, but she just doesn't get that we work demanding jobs that keep us very busy (she's a bagger a local supermarket), plus we have a toddler and a baby on the way.  She expects us to be able to drop everything and hang out with her.  She also doesn't drive, and lives about 30 minutes away (with lots of traffic) so it's my wife who does all that driving when we do see her--pick her up, bring her to our house, drive her home.

So tonight my wife is taking her out for dinner.  It's mostly to avoid all the driving, otherwise she'd becoming to our house again.  I told her to try to kindly drop the hint that with me being pregnant and then a new baby, we aren't going to have time to hang out.  My wife (who is an infinitely better person than I am) just kind of said something along the lines of, "Yeah, I don't really want to see her right now either, I'm tired, but it's the right thing to do."

I feel bad for L...but, we are not responsible for her!  We have our own lives and family to think about.  And feeling this way makes me just feel like, as I said, a terrible person for wishing she'd take the subtle "we're really busy" hints and leave us alone.

I suck.

You're not a terrible person. You guys have a child already and another on the way. You have your own responsibilities too. It is nice that you guys see her and do things with her from time to time, but it doesn't need to be a daily or a weekly thing.
    I can fully understand the frustrations that you are feeling, however, a lot of times people with special needs don't always understand boundaries. I say this as a person who works with individuals (adults and children) with special needs. Most times I need to be direct with that person and tell them exactly what they are doing wrong (in a polite and nice way of course!) Explaining to L that you can't see her often now will be better for both you and your wife, and will set the expectations for L of what is acceptable. Best of luck!
  • Options
    I don't know why this bothers me as much as it does but referring to the vagina as 'lady bits'. I like to use discretion as much as the next person but something about that term just bugs me.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    I have no idea who Sia is.
    I wanna swing from the chandelier... Chandelier!!!!! Come on you know that song!!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    My UO: I officially, legitimately, and fully HATE being pg right now. I am not motivated to do anything and literally feel like I'm having to pull my own teeth to get organized and make lists of what I need to get done. I mean I am functioning but I've become bitter about it. Maybe it's just this week. I hate this week...and everything.
    This is how I feel yesterday and today as well.  I cannot physically or mentally keep up with everything I need to do, and I am struggling to just make it through the day.  I feel your pain.
  • Options
    @Bluejay3030 It's just making me bitter about everything.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    My answer to @TXmamatobeWhat @vinerie said, with the addendum that I procrastinate on things I ought to be doing. A lot. I imagine I will not be able to do that once baby arrives:)
  • Options
    Ummm.... Saying Muslims shouldn't be allowed in the country and all Muslims in the US should be registered and forced to identify themselves should not be offensive to Muslims? I may not have minored in Middle East studies, but I think a tiny dose of common sense can take care of that for you.

As far as Muslims being radicalized: It happens, and bigotry against Muslims isn't going to help. Sure, most Muslims are perfectly reasonable people, but when conditions exist as Trump is helping to ensure that they do, it's certainly not going to get better. Also common sense. 
    Eh. From my understanding, the whole registry/identify thing was one incident where he was led to agree to it by a reporter. Dumb mistake on his part, but as far as I know he never said anything about a registry again. He's also said some dumb things in regards to women (or was that only about Rosie O'Donnell?) but I don't think that makes him sexist. And I really can't imagine any Muslims or Mid Easterners I know getting that offended over the things Trump has actually said (vs. what's reported in the media that he said). So many of those I've known have been through hell and have horrifying stories (isn't it something like 11% of people in Syria have been killed or injured, by either Assad or ISIS?). Can't really imagine them getting their feathers ruffled by someone like Trump. And as I said, to me it's way more offensive to assume Trump is radicalizing Muslims. Plenty of countries hate Americans and wouldn't want me living there, but that doesn't make me want to kill them. It's not fair to Muslims to think that way- the issue of radicalization is extremely complex and has many factors, and it's a disservice to these people to think that a single American politician could cause it. They simply aren't that stupid. 

What I see as far more damaging to Muslim/Mid Eastern and American relations is the huge lack of understanding of their culture (anyone else remember what a huge failure Iraq was?). Heck, I remember at the beginning of the board way back in the fall there was a lovely Muslim woman who was ridiculed for her beliefs on women's role in the family- which were (to me) very reasonable, and clearly based on both rational thought and cultural/religious influence. Many people were respectful of her opinion, but there were plenty of accusations of MUD/passive-aggressive GIFS/claims she had no understanding of women's rights and that she was just a baby-maker tied to the stove. It was awful to see her criticized and attacked for what was a huge part of her cultural and personal identity, and sadly she left the board after that, thinking God knows what about American women. That, to me, is far more damaging that anything a politician could say or do, an it goes on All. The. Time. 

Anyway, Thursday is about over and I'm gonna step off the soapbox and get to bed :)
  • Options
    @doozer1345 I'm with you with the hating every second. I just waddled out of bed to chug some milk and warn my husband who is sitting at the kitchen table I cannot do heartburn a third time. It's my worst symptom, I lay in bed and choke on vomit. It was like this last time too. At my worst pregnancy moments I always tell him this is it. I know it's not the most positive thing to say, but it makes me feel like I have some sort of control in never feeling this shitty again. 
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    TheThornBird said:

And I really can't imagine any Muslims or Mid Easterners I know getting that offended over the things Trump has actually said
    Try asking them instead of imagining. Let me know how that conversation goes. I'd ask my Muslim coworkers, but I just have a feeling it would be an awkward, "Well, duh!" Conversation.
    ^^^^ This. Do it. You may just get an eye-opening experience out of it.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    durbie92 said:
    I need to start bumping online and not my phone. I can never upload pics with the app! 

I can but it took me a little while to learn how. I still can't figure out how to do gifs though.

• Options
    aehogan90 said:
    I don't know why this bothers me as much as it does but referring to the vagina as 'lady bits'. I like to use discretion as much as the next person but something about that term just bugs me.
    This reminds me of what MH calls tampons - "lady sticks." LOL
  • Options
    @AdorkablePixie it's my new goal in life to figure this out lol. 
  • Options
    @durbie92 When you figure it out, can you let me know? lol

• Options
    @dshannah Do you have a link to that thread? I'm not remembering this incident at all...
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I cannot even look at Kasich after he said he would never support nationwide maternity leave because it wasn't fair that men had to pick up women's slack just because they decided to have a baby. I live in Ohio and he also just defended planned parenthood. That funding went to HIV testing, education, and aiding with violence against women.
    YES! MH was like "Well, I guess Kasich is the only sane GOP choice..." and I had to drop some hardcore knowledge on him. After I showed him a few articles about Kasich's horrific view of women's health issues, MH was so embarrassed that he ever considered voting for him. At this point, we are in quite a pickle...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to save the political stuff for later. This has been bothering me and I need a place to vent. I didn't feel the 3D picture board was appropriate.

I had my 27 week appt today for measurements and the glucose test. I was told there wouldn't be any ultrasound done at this appt or my last one (4 weeks ago). I figured I would have one done at my 32 week appt as it's a more involved one where we go over the birth plan. Well, I was wrong. Since my pregnancy is normal and there are no complications or high risk factors, my midwife told me there isn't any reason to have an ultrasound done so we won't get to see our little girl again until she is out and in our arms. I could have cried. The last time I saw her was end of December, nearly two months ago. I'm just want to see her again and while end of May is not far, another nearly three months wait seems so long. We only have 2D pictures from 12 weeks, and 2D and two 3D pictures of her at 17 weeks.

I also got a little spoiled into thinking ultrasounds were done more often because my sister was high risk with her pregnancy and she was getting ultrasounds done at literally every appointment. I figured having about three done during a normal pregnancy was more common :|  Guess not.
  • Options
    @Pomegranate1983 Isn't that kind of the MO of going to a midwife, though? As little as medically necessary? That doesn't seem surprising to me based on what I've read, but then again, I see an OB and don't know the ins and outs of going to a midwife.
  • Options
    @missnc77 That could be. I didn't think about it like that. I like my midwife and the care I've gotten. I'm trying to think about how often my friends who had OBs had ultrasounds and I honestly don't know. Their babies are all at least a year old so it was a while ago. I guess that's something I should have researched more. It just threw me off, especially with how different my sister's appts went (in hindsight - not a good comparison since her pregnancy was so very different). While I love feeling her kick and listening to her heartbeat, I miss seeing her.
  • Options
    I'm with an OB and they told me at the 20-week appointment that we'd only get that as our last ultrasound unless something happened that needed to be checked up on. I think this is normal for low-risk pregnancies.

It was kind of a bummer because we got zero good pictures at that ultrasound. I don't have any good ones besides a couple from the 12-week scan. But it's not important enough for me to make an appointment at a private boutique just to get more.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @Pomegranate1983 I think that's par for the course, especially with a midwife. I won't get any more with them unless there is an issue with babies growth. That's part of the reason we are getting the 3D/4D, I want to see baby again. I think some OBs are the same. After my best friend had her anatomy scans, the only time she had one was when they did a growth scan. They usually only do that if they think baby is measuring behind.

On that note, I do have a growth scan scheduled for March but it is not at my midwives office. I asked my midwife about it and she said unless there is an issue its not necessary. I don't think my insurance will cover it, so I am canceling it.  No point in having it done if it isn't needed, espially incentive a doing the 3D/4D U/S.

• Options
    My previous OB and current OB post move both do ultrasounds at every appointment. As I'm getting further along, my current OB uses the ultrasound to measure and check position each appointment. 
  • Options
    @Merciel  I'm with you. I want to see her but it's not enough to have another one done if it's not needed. It's mostly for my own selfish reasons. I can wait. Thanks for those who weighed in on this!
  • Options
    arj14arj14 member
    vinerie said:
    There was a wreck on the interstate the other day, and a lady was trying to merge in front of me.  She had a giant Trump sticker on the back of her car.  I did not let her merge.  #passiveaggressive
    Whenever I see people with Trump stickers I always want to stare and get a good look. I don't know a single person remotely supporting Trump. Who are these mysterious creatures??
    Ha... my FIL for one.  His politics tend towards "blustery blowhard".  MIL is also apparently voting for Trump, but could maaaaaybe be talked into voting for a different GOP candidate.  DH's mom's side of the family is pretty republican on the whole (except for DH.)
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker